Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 116,813, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,309
    Points
    116,813
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 388
    Given: 313

    Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    Here is the link to the football page of The Daily Targum, the Rutgers campus newspaper. Check out the archives for some really good articles and interviews about the Rutgers team. I was sorry to see them stop posting articles each day once they got to the semester break.

    The Daily Targum: Football



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 11,529, Level: 32
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Sobchakcyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    1,006
    Points
    11,529
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    I bet Nova gets the start. He was the hot hand to end the season. I just hope we're one of the best 6-6 teams out there. Our D will dictate how this game goes, and that starts with the linebackers. Rutgers is going to want to run first, then throw. If we can stop the run, the game comes to us.

    It's funny how the bowl match-ups go. We're playing a top tier team from a major conference in their backyard, while being middle of the pack in our league, at best. Most BigXII bowl match-ups have gone against higher rated teams traditionally. I don't think you can knock our league's bowl record for that reason.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 58,398, Level: 74
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    intrepid27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    2,589
    Points
    58,398
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 92

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    Interesting name "Targum"
    Definition Tar·gum (tär g m , -g m ). n. Any of several Aramaic explanatory translations or paraphrasings of the Hebrew Scriptures



  4. #4
    Prospect
    Points: 2,369, Level: 13
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    RUNYYFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dayton, NJ
    Posts
    39
    Points
    2,369
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid27 View Post
    Interesting name "Targum"
    Definition Tar·gum (tär g m , -g m ). n. Any of several Aramaic explanatory translations or paraphrasings of the Hebrew Scriptures
    Yes. Our history is quite diverse, including being a theological seminary for the Dutch Reformed Protestants.

    For more history on The Targum, you can click here. Though I question lots of stuff on wikipedia, this article is maintained by the staff and has great historical information.


    Rutgers Athletics Gallery

    Want to follow me? [Twitter] [Facebook]

    Fear is the dark room in which negatives are developed. - Anon.

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 335,953, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    15,711
    Points
    335,953
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 959
    Given: 2,000

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    By the way, all of the Rutgers fans (from what I've seen) that have visited the site have been great.

    Win or lose on Dec 30th, you guys are welcome here any time. Feel free to stop by and let us know how your seasons are going or about how you are going to stomp UCONN next year, or if you saw that weeks Iowa State game. Anything.

    You guys are real class acts. Have a great holiday and have fun at the game if you get to go.


    Dang I wish the bowl was within driving distance for us!



  6. #6
    Recruit
    Points: 3,808, Level: 17
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    91
    Points
    3,808
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    "Founded in 1869, it is the second-oldest collegiate newspaper in the United States."

    Hmm... I always thought it was the oldest...

    BTW speaking of 1869...
    "Rutgers won the first [football] game with a score of six "runs" to Princeton's four, on November 6, 1869."



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 116,813, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,309
    Points
    116,813
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 388
    Given: 313

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    Quote Originally Posted by blitz8ru View Post
    "Founded in 1869, it is the second-oldest collegiate newspaper in the United States."

    Hmm... I always thought it was the oldest...

    BTW speaking of 1869...
    "Rutgers won the first [football] game with a score of six "runs" to Princeton's four, on November 6, 1869."



    The football articles have been great. They haven't been some guy just writing about what's on his mind. Rather, they have had good interviews with the right people. And they reflect substantive analysis of football. I regret that the articles slowed down, apparently due to the end of the semester.



  8. #8
    Recruit
    Points: 3,808, Level: 17
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    91
    Points
    3,808
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    The football articles have been great. They haven't been some guy just writing about what's on his mind. Rather, they have had good interviews with the right people. And they reflect substantive analysis of football. I regret that the articles slowed down, apparently due to the end of the semester.
    The daily targum is the official daily student newspaper (everyday of each semester). They stop printing new issues once reading days start for finals (around Dec 14th I think). Finals go through Dec 23rd. Unfortunately for you they won't start up again until the first day of spring semester (probably around Jan 20th). Any post-bowl game/post-season analysis will be printed then.



  9. #9
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    Slutgers.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 116,813, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,309
    Points
    116,813
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 388
    Given: 313

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    Quote Originally Posted by blitz8ru View Post
    The daily targum is the official daily student newspaper (everyday of each semester). They stop printing new issues once reading days start for finals (around Dec 14th I think). Finals go through Dec 23rd. Unfortunately for you they won't start up again until the first day of spring semester (probably around Jan 20th). Any post-bowl game/post-season analysis will be printed then.

    There is a thread on ScarletNation.com that gives links to other sources of info and analysis.

    And their issues with their local paper make the worst that we think about the DM Rag look like nothing. It is really too bad since their program is going in the right direction and their fans have been great so far.



  11. #11
    Recruit
    Points: 3,808, Level: 17
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    91
    Points
    3,808
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    There is a thread on ScarletNation.com that gives links to other sources of info and analysis.

    And their issues with their local paper make the worst that we think about the DM Rag look like nothing. It is really too bad since their program is going in the right direction and their fans have been great so far.
    Other news sites:
    onthebanks.com

    blogs.mycentraljersey.com/rutgers [scarlet scuttlebutt]

    nj.com/rutgers

    mycentraljersey.com/section/njsports02

    espn.go.com/blog/bigeast

    scarletknights.com

    Other fan sites:
    scarletnation.com

    scarletreport.com

    stateofrutgers.com

    rutgerschop.com/

    FYI



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 51,849, Level: 70
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 701
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,434
    Points
    51,849
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 3

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobchakcyclone View Post
    I bet Nova gets the start. He was the hot hand to end the season. I just hope we're one of the best 6-6 teams out there. Our D will dictate how this game goes, and that starts with the linebackers. Rutgers is going to want to run first, then throw. If we can stop the run, the game comes to us.

    It's funny how the bowl match-ups go. We're playing a top tier team from a major conference in their backyard, while being middle of the pack in our league, at best. Most BigXII bowl match-ups have gone against higher rated teams traditionally. I don't think you can knock our league's bowl record for that reason.
    Not really.

    #3 Okie St. vs. #4 Stanford
    #11 KSU vs. #7 Arkansas
    #19 Okie vs. Iowa
    #15 Baylor vs. Washington
    Texas A&M vs. Northwestern
    Texas vs. Cal
    ISU vs. Rutgers
    Mizzou vs. North Carolina

    This is usually how it goes. Big 10 gets much tougher matchups because it consistently gets two teams into BCS bowls, bumping everyone else up. One reason the Big 10 has been getting smoked in bowls recently.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 185,776, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,377
    Points
    185,776
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 332

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Not really.

    #3 Okie St. vs. #4 Stanford
    #11 KSU vs. #7 Arkansas
    #19 Okie vs. Iowa
    #15 Baylor vs. Washington
    Texas A&M vs. Northwestern
    Texas vs. Cal
    ISU vs. Rutgers
    Mizzou vs. North Carolina

    This is usually how it goes. Big 10 gets much tougher matchups because it consistently gets two teams into BCS bowls, bumping everyone else up. One reason the Big 10 has been getting smoked in bowls recently.
    Explain getting smoked in non conference preseason :)



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 51,849, Level: 70
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 701
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,434
    Points
    51,849
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 3

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Explain getting smoked in non conference preseason :)
    Yeah, that's a different conversation. And you'll notice I said "one" of the reasons the Big 10's gotten smoked, not "the" reason.

    But, with all the chest puffing this year about how mighty the Big 12 was, the fact that it's only matching up against two ranked opponents, out of eight bowl games, is pretty weak.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 28,331, Level: 51
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyclonick182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    2,199
    Points
    28,331
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

    Re: Rutgers Campus Newspaper

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Yeah, that's a different conversation. And you'll notice I said "one" of the reasons the Big 10's gotten smoked, not "the" reason.

    But, with all the chest puffing this year about how mighty the Big 12 was, the fact that it's only matching up against two ranked opponents, out of eight bowl games, is pretty weak.
    Right when I think I can start being OK with Iowa fans.... I dont recall the Big XII getting to choose their bowl opponents.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM