Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

HP Touchpad Cyanogen 7 Android - Help

Ok, so I was one of the lucky ones to get in on the deal back on the fire sale...today I installed Cyanogen 7 Android alpha 3. It is installed as a dual boot so I can still use Webos. Installation was pretty easy for a non techie but it did take a while since I missed a step or two along the way.

Help questions:
    Cyclonefanatic works much better on webos, android app failed to download and going directly to the web looks nothing like the real thing - what am I doing wrong?

espn3 does not work on the android, downloaded watch espn and it says I need a cable provier that supports it, I have that going to espn3 directly from the web so this does not appear to be working properly?

what are the must have apps on android? Love the fact I can still do both, but other than netflix, thinking the webos is better for my needs, convince me otherwise with all the great apps out there

Walk On
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Re: HP Touchpad Cyanogen 7 Android - Help

Quote Originally Posted by justcynn View Post
    Ok, so I was one of the lucky ones to get in on the deal back on the fire sale...today I installed Cyanogen 7 Android alpha 3. It is installed as a dual boot so I can still use Webos. Installation was pretty easy for a non techie but it did take a while since I missed a step or two along the way.

Help questions:
    Cyclonefanatic works much better on webos, android app failed to download and going directly to the web looks nothing like the real thing - what am I doing wrong?

espn3 does not work on the android, downloaded watch espn and it says I need a cable provier that supports it, I have that going to espn3 directly from the web so this does not appear to be working properly?

what are the must have apps on android? Love the fact I can still do both, but other than netflix, thinking the webos is better for my needs, convince me otherwise with all the great apps out there
    I don't have any answers but I'd like to know about the android aps as well. I'll probably add android to my touchpad in the next week.

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Keep in mind that CM7 is still an Alpha build. It's based on Gingerbread (Android 2.3.4), which was not designed for tablets. Some app devs require a compatability check, which the TouchPad fails, because it's not a first party device. There is a section of the AppStore with programs specifically for tablets. You can also grab apps labelled 'HD'. Not very useful advice, but the TouchPad was designed for WebOS, so getting Android running at all was quite a feat. CM7 likely won't get much farther (Alpha 3.5 is out) with CM9 based on Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.1) underway.

Get on the TouchPad section of the XDA developers site for more specific information.

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 190

I'm typing this from my newly loaded cm9 Ice Cream Sandwich TP. Has anybody else joined me? I love it. I put together a little doc if anybody is interested.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I've been running CM7 Alpha 3 for a few months. I have my phone rooted to 4.0.3. Love ICS, but I find myself just using WebOS for most things. Haven't seen the point of moving to CM9. How is the stability? The Alpha 3 Wi-Fi dropouts have kept me from using CM7 more.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I've been running CM7 Alpha 3 for a few months. I have my phone rooted to 4.0.3. Love ICS, but I find myself just using WebOS for most things. Haven't seen the point of moving to CM9. How is the stability? The Alpha 3 Wi-Fi dropouts have kept me from using CM7 more.

Pro
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by stateofmind View Post
    I'm typing this from my newly loaded cm9 Ice Cream Sandwich TP. Has anybody else joined me? I love it. I put together a little doc if anybody is interested.
    I took 30 minutes out of my day and put CM7 on it a few months back; would be interested to see the steps to complete the port to ICS if you want to share.

Any recommendation on apps to back-up data as best as possible; always hate the re-installing of several dozen apps.

Rookie
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by SvrWxCy View Post
    I took 30 minutes out of my day and put CM7 on it a few months back; would be interested to see the steps to complete the port to ICS if you want to share.

Any recommendation on apps to back-up data as best as possible; always hate the re-installing of several dozen apps.
    It's actually similar process to installing CM7, you just have to use ACMEInstaller2, and download the rest of the files from here. There is also video guide in the middle of the page:

[Release][Alpha2] CyanogenMod 9 Touchpad - RootzWiki

You can use Titanium Backup to backup app/data.