Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Lets Break it down

For all you people out there that just can't get it, let me break this down for you, since some of your unsupportive, bad mouthing, cant get it minds can understand a little bit!
    2009 this is what KJ gets coming in:

Beard, Boaz Mueller, Mitch
    Burk, Duke Reader, Jonathan
    Carr, Nate Schrock, Dan
    Cash, Ben Shafer, Cole
    Christianson, Tyler Simenson, Kyle
    Collier, Dallas Sorenson, Andrew
    Curran, Joe Spangler, Chris
    Derden, Trever Thompson, Eric
    Fanthorpe, Nick Varner, Jake
    Gallick, Nick Valles, Anthony
    Grask, Tyler Ward, Jeromne
    Jensen, Dalton Weatherman, Trent
    Lewis, Billy Zabriskie, Dave
    Long, Andrew
    Mayfield, Max
    2010 season for one reason or another, most of us know why for all..... 11 guys left from this roster:
    What we got left with, Carr- just didn't reach potential
    Cash- WALK ON!
    Christianson- WALK ON!
    Mayfield- WALK ON!
    Reader- we know how he rolled
    Shafer- WALK ON
    Simenson- WALK ON
    Sorenson- rolling pretty good now, not then
    Spangler- doing very well
    Ward- didn't live up to expectation, hurt
    Weatherman- hard 1st year, now injured
    Soooo, of the 11, 5 were walk ons, some did well for walk ons, some did not, that leaves 6 some, very small % scholly kids, Reader- some success, but not ultimate until his SENIOR YEAR!, Sorenson- started having success Jr year, but taking him to his SENIOR YEAR to get it really rolling, Spanger- JR YEAR, getting things going, Ward- not much to say bout him, never got it going, ya win some ya lose some, Weatherman- not much to say bout freshman year, out for the rest of this year so who knows, but still ONLY A SOPHMORE!
    We added that year Cozart, Drouin, England, Finch, Gadson, Gibson, Goettl, Hallman, Jones, Moody, Moreno, Slifka, Voelker, Wilson, Hawes, Hunter, Riley....needed the depth had little money, did what we could with what we had.
    So concidering we had 11 guys to move on, and 17 new guys, that leaves quite an unbalance when you think in terms of upperclassman being leaders, role models, superior workout partners. These guys did the best they could do, but there was NO DEPTH! NO CHALLENGE in the room (ie, threatening to take starter spots etc) This is not KJ's fault, he again is doing what he can do with what he has!
    2011-
    So here we have it folks, we are where we are, because all that above doesn't factor in all the unlucky injuries we've had, not only do we have guys not in the lineup, but no workout partners for the guys that are. So we are now
    Finch- doing fine hanging in there, figuring it out, twicked his knee, out for 2 weeks, but remember where Andrew Long was too at the beginning of the season....think back. Ryak will BE FINE!
    Shayden/RJ- True freshman, has skills but gonna take some time to figure out, but a tough kid and never gives up, RJ is holding his own....WALK ON!
    Luke- imporving again FRESHMAN!
    Cozart- not what we thought, some recruits turn out, some don't!
    Moreno- still trying to figure it out, FRESHMAN, although expect more heart from him
    Sorenson and Spanger- meeting expectations
    Beard- GLAD TO HAVE HIM BACK, but he hasn't been on the mat for 18 mos proir to season, and will be a good one.
    Shafer- WALK ON
    Gibson- same as Cozart!
    So show me any top 10 teams or higher, starting 5 freshman, one that was off for 18 months and 2 walks ons? And then show me the number of freshman that have had much success....not to many....the normal wrestler, it takes them until their JR year to even figure it out!!!!!!! So please understand where we are people, show these guys your support, show them they came to ISU for all THE RIGHT reasons, because we support our coaching staff, we believe in our athletes! All this crap does no one any good, esp the athletes. There is NO ONE ON THESE BOARDS more dissappointed then KJ and staff and the athletes, NO ONE. You people cannot be more hurt and upset with the hand we've been dealt than the staff or athletes. So get off your pitty potty and support the team, encourage them, ask them what they think of the coaching staff, they'll tell you for sure! I'm thankful we have a coach like Coach Jackson, he stays positive, he continues to encourage, he continues to believe in these kids.
    Go Cyclones!

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 957
    Given: 74

Re: Lets Break it down

Sorry, thread title had me confused.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

All-Star
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 614
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

Tried to read it but it is all ran together and hard to follow.

FWIW - I still support the wrestling program by purchasing season tickets but it is hard to watch at this point. I am confident KJ will turn the program around but it will take at least 1-2 years.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 296
    Given: 39

I thought this was going to be this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c51jLq4TRfM]dx intro theme tune - YouTube[/ame]

or this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo]MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This - YouTube[/ame]

And white space is your friend.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Addict
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 73

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    I thought this was going to be this:

dx intro theme tune - YouTube

or this:

MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This - YouTube

And white space is your friend.
    + Rep for the DX intro!

Addict
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120

ISU has a wrestling program?

Pro
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 700
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 3

At what point aka McDermott does it start to be his fault?

Seriously, look at CFH and CPR - a new coach can make a huge difference in one year.

Have not seen anything of substance with Jackson... sorry pls show me something.

Addict
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35

This guy gets banned multiple times from Cyclone Report, takes his diatribes to HAWKEYE Report (of all places), and has now landed here. Greeeeeeeeat.

Addict
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,163
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 38

queso,

You can express your opinions and concerns, IMO as that is what a board like CF is for, but you make yourself look like a total dick when you make fun of KJ's public speaking ability with the "um.....um....um....um".

Anyway, I don't really know much about the sport and surely can't tell you whether KJ is a good coach, but the man is a Cyclone and gold medal winner, so at least he deserves not to be made fun of personally. It's not like he's some bozo off the street that no one at ISU had ever heard of before 2009.

Prospect
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    queso,

You can express your opinions and concerns, IMO as that is what a board like CF is for, but you make yourself look like a total dick when you make fun of KJ's public speaking ability with the "um.....um....um....um".

Anyway, I don't really know much about the sport and surely can't tell you whether KJ is a good coach, but the man is a Cyclone and gold medal winner, so at least he deserves not to be made fun of personally. It's not like he's some bozo off the street that no one at ISU had ever heard of before 2009.
    The program is lead by a guy who never even went to ISU all 5 years let alone graduate from ISU-evident by his public speaking. KJ has brought down USA wrestling at the senior level and now he is single handily taking ISUs program down.

To think we brought this guy in over Heskett, Brands, Cody, is sickening. The longer we wait the further we will have to dig our way out. And don't give me the CS bullcrap. Kevin Dresser replaced Tom Brands at V Tech and in three years the program was competitive. ISU should always be in the top ten but consistently top 5.

If KJ cared about ISU he would step down knowing he is over his head.

Starter
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

I need bullet points with short concise points. I would love to get a basic explanation of what the heck is going on with the wrestling program. Living out of state it is hard to understand what the heck is going on with the program.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonz View Post
    I need bullet points with short concise points. I would love to get a basic explanation of what the heck is going on with the wrestling program. Living out of state it is hard to understand what the heck is going on with the program.
    2/3 of team are freshmen
    several injuries
    true/RS freshmen forced to compete against top-5 guys at their weights
    have wrestled 5 top-15 teams so far (Iowa, OU, OSU, Miz, Minn)
    would probably be 3-5 instead of 0-8 if not for all of the above

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 14

Just asking... How long does it take for any die hard ISU fan, to admit that a coach in their favorite sport, might not be the answer?

I defended McDermott to the very end. It's starting to look like KJ is falling into the same category.

Like any sport you hear "wait till their recruits arrive". Well, so far we are seeing very little from the majority of them. It would be encouraging to see some fight from these guys, but we aren't. Yes I know they are young. But there has been no development in them, especially the light weights from last year to this year.

Another thing you don't see, are former wrestlers sticking around like they did in years past to train and help the program. I really believe this hurts a lot. I know the last couple of classes that graduated were brought in by Cael, but where is the love for the program.

Prospect
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Queso why would Terry Brands want to clean up KJ's mess? Don't you think he got tired of doing that at the OTC?

KJ said at his first press conference that he would get the guys he needed so there wouldn't be a gap year. Well congrats KJ we are on gap year number 2.

KJ also said Cael left a gold mine at Iowa State and KJ lead us to 3rd.
    How come KJ never took any fault in making Nick Gallick wrestle vs Iowa when he wasn't clear to wrestle which resulted in him being reinjured. Or how Nick Fanthorpe and Mitch Mueller didn't get any better during their senior years? When is KJ going to address the lack of toughness in his guys? I am really impressed with the techniques and tactics KJ has taught to his guys when it comes to mat wrestling.

For the people who blame this season on starting all the freshman take a look at Ohio State. They are currently starting 5 true freshman and 2 red-shirt freshman and they are undefeated in duals with a 36-3 win over power house Old Dominion and won the Cliff Keen Invitational.

We wouldn't be starting freshman at 133 and 141 if KJ hadn't gotten rid of Tyler Clark, Dalton Jensen, and Anthony Valles. Why would Tyler Clark want to stay when KJ gives the starting job to Andrew Long after watching them workout once. Would you blame a kid like Dalton Jensen for leaving after KJ cut his scholarship money only to benfit KJ. Dalton might not have been a world beater but he was a kid who bust his but and did everything asked, but KJ didn't believe in him.

I imagine Cozart and Goetti will be the next one's who get there scholarship money slashed without any say in it. It doesn't matter no more Brandon Florida kids will give Iowa State a look anyway with KJ ruining the program.

We all know KJ can recruit with the best of them since he recruited Steve Mocco and Bill Zadick to the OTC and could barely offer them anything. I wonder why Mocco followed Terry Brands after the Olympics for a couple of years instead of continuing his training with KJ and why Bill Zadick didn't want to coach with KJ and Yero. KJ's name carries no weight in states like Ohio or Pennsylvania and we were never in the running for Taylor Massa unlike people around hear like to think.

I mean who wouldn't want to wrestle for KJ. Look at his opening press confence he said he was a better coach than Sanderson because he was older and a little heavier than him. Okay coach sign me up I will run through a wall for you after answers like that.

My christmas present to KJ will be a Iowa State wrestling media guide so he can learn his wrestlers names and not refer to Shayden as Hawaiian kid. If he learns their names maybe that will fill in some of the ums.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Awesome. More people who have never posted about wrestling until now. Where were all you guys when the team was winning? Nowhere.