Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 89

UNI Preview

UNI is a strange team. On paper other look pretty tough and I expect them to push us Tuesday. Yet if you look at their record, it he some puzzlers in it...such as their last game.They we playing 4-5 North Dakota and got beat. UND went on a 16-1 run in the second half to take a huge lead and held on to win by four. This was a bad UND team. At the same time, UNI has played Iowa tough in a close loss and went to Green Bay and lost a tough battle by 8.

So which team will show up? I fully expect the later. UNI is led by Three players - Oney, Armstrong, and Madrigal - who all average 12 per game. They are shooting three's at the same clip as the sisters, but are making a higher percentage (31 to 27 percent)? They have four players shooting at over 30% led by Oney and Madrigal. We will need to play D in order to slow them down here as we usually can't match a team in a three point shooting contest. Another not so surprising disparity is at the charity stripe. UNI is shooting a very good 77% to a very poor 65% for the Sisters. Our ladies are stronger on the boards by about 7 per game.

Here is what i see as the difference maker in this one. Defense. Based on what I've seen us do against teams like Iowa, I think our team defense can give UNI fits. The secondary factor will be the one area we have an advantage and that is on e boards. W need to limit their second chance shots. Clean up the boards and it sets us up. Finally, yes I will continue to harp about this...we have to hit our free throws. We only have one player shooting remotely close to 80% and that is Zimmerman, who has hit all of her 6 attempts. The coaches know it. The ladies know it. They have to get it done.

We do those three things and ISU gets a comfortable win. If not...it could get interesting.

All-Star
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 16

Re: UNI Preview

We have a tremendous size advantage over them and are deeper in the post. There tallest starter is 6-1. Pop is 6-2, Hallie 6-3, and Anna at 6-7 if available.

Recruit
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Iowa's size bothered UNI a lot, and I'd expect the same vs. ISU. Plus UNI had no answer for Christofferson last season and will be pressed to find one this time IMHO. UNI has been getting pretty good guard play despite losing Kalin for the season. They run a half court trap that has been very effective against most teams in their conference. Earlier I'd have thought this would be an advantage for UNI, though Moody & Mansfield looked really good against Iowa. Should be a fun game overall.

All-Star
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

I don't think it matters what UNI does. Pop and Anna ought to be well and rested. Together with Hallie,a Z and Ellis, we're real good upfront. I don't think we've seen the best of Mays who might take over a game inside one day. Guard play - Moody, Mansfield - a good duo and getting better in their spots. If we have trouble bringing the ball up, how's this stat, "- Chassidy Cole has 18 assists and just one turnover in the last three games." Between M&M and Williamson we have at least one 3 pt zone buster we can count on. I'm liking our chances tonight and this season.

Now, if Fred would come over and give a free-throw clinic . . .

Last edited by BenEClone; 12-20-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    “We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Walk On
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Three4Cy View Post
    We have a tremendous size advantage over them and are deeper in the post. There tallest starter is 6-1. Pop is 6-2, Hallie 6-3, and Anna at 6-7 if available.
    Just wondering.... how tall is Anna if she is not available? ;-)

All-Star
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by EHdakota View Post
    Just wondering.... how tall is Anna if she is not available? ;-)
    She might as well be four foot tall is she is not available