ISU Football Expectations: The Fans
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 29,442, Level: 52
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ISpyCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    2,358
    Points
    29,442
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 39

    ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    In response to the thread regarding our expectations for ISU FB in terms of wins and losses, I wanted to take it a little further and ask what your expectations of the fans would be. Obviously we want nothing short of full support, membership in various ISU clubs, continued strong attendance in the stadium and maybe a new tradition or two started, but let's get all corners covered here.

    I think this is a reat opportunity to outline what we're looking for in the long term, since Athletics has given us theirs.




    Cyclones | Vikings | Royals | Red Wings

  2. #2
    Recruit
    Points: 8,248, Level: 27
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    112
    Points
    8,248
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 50

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    I really like what you did here. Fans are continually wanting commitment from coaches, players, and recruits but us as fans need to continue to show our commitment. ALL IN needs to be a way of life for everyone in CycloneNation. 50,000+ fans in the stadium needs to continue to be the norm! We are also a huge part in this whole "changing of the culture" and I hope we can keep it up!

    Go State



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 63,366, Level: 78
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,484
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,414
    Points
    63,366
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 3

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    Definitely a two way street here. If fans expectations are being met then the stadium needs to be sold out for every game and the Gridiron Club needs more members.



  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 11,488, Level: 32
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CloneSolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Marion, Iowa
    Posts
    201
    Points
    11,488
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 80

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    Definitely a two way street here. If fans expectations are being met then the stadium needs to be sold out for every game and the Gridiron Club needs more members.
    Very spot on. I made the commitment to be a member of both the Cyclone Club and Gridiron Club this year. Now I am not a high level sponsor of either, but I figured I needed to start somewhere. All in can mean a lot of different things, and I know this is opening up some comments on financial constraints. With that said, to be a lower sponsor of each club is near $100/year which I think is completely accomplishable by the majority of Cyclone fans.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 79,127, Level: 87
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,023
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alumni road
    Posts
    6,990
    Points
    79,127
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 42

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    Agree with everything so far. Also, simply having a positive attitude and being optimistic goes a long way. No more "we are Iowa state"



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 63,366, Level: 78
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,484
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,414
    Points
    63,366
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 3

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneSolo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    Definitely a two way street here. If fans expectations are being met then the stadium needs to be sold out for every game and the Gridiron Club needs more members.
    Very spot on. I made the commitment to be a member of
    both the Cyclone Club and Gridiron Club this year. Now I am not a high level sponsor of either, but I figured I needed to start somewhere. All in can mean a lot of different things, and I know this is opening up some comments on financial constraints. With that said, to be a lower sponsor of each club is near $100/year which I think is completely accomplishable by the majority of Cyclone fans.
    Think about it this way. There are roughly 30k season ticket holders. If half of those were CGC members then that would be an extra $1.5 million just for the football program a year. Which covers the increase pay to the coaching staff.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 560,599, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,523
    Points
    560,599
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 397
    Given: 190

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    No more "we are Iowa state"
    This for sure needs to end. I want to cocock anyone that still uses that damn phrase in a negative way.




  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 560,599, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,523
    Points
    560,599
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 397
    Given: 190

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    Think about it this way. There are roughly 30k season ticket holders. If half of those were CGC members then that would be an extra $1.5 million just for the football program a year. Which covers the increase pay to the coaching staff.
    Over 37K season tickets (37,446 in September).




  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 128,678, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    WhatchaGonnaDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,205
    Points
    128,678
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 219

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by ISpyCy View Post
    In response to the thread regarding our expectations for ISU FB in terms of wins and losses, I wanted to take it a little further and ask what your expectations of the fans would be. Obviously we want nothing short of full support, membership in various ISU clubs, continued strong attendance in the stadium and maybe a new tradition or two started, but let's get all corners covered here.

    I think this is a reat opportunity to outline what we're looking for in the long term, since Athletics has given us theirs.
    Great post.

    With my parents being originally from Wisconsin, I grew up a badger fan through the Alvarez coaching era (over time I grew to be a Clone, though ). We're definitely a step above where UW was when he took over, but it would be awesome to see that kind of transformation under CPR as well. Multiple stadium upgrades, BCS games, Heisman winners and contenders. That would be awesome to see



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 35,741, Level: 58
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    theyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hedgesville, wv
    Posts
    1,458
    Points
    35,741
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    This for sure needs to end. I want to cocock anyone that still uses that damn phrase in a negative way.
    what exactly does it mean to "cocock" someone? is this suitable for a public message board?



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 560,599, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,523
    Points
    560,599
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 397
    Given: 190

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by theyork View Post
    what exactly does it mean to "cocock" someone? is this suitable for a public message board?
    Really?

    Urban Dictionary: cocock




  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 98,608, Level: 97
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,176
    Points
    98,608
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 115

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    I agree with the sentiment. JP and the ISU athletic department have made a commitment to become a "big boy" football program.

    We as fans also have a responsibility to be "big boy" supporters. What does that mean? Obviously it means something a little different to everyone, depending on age, household income, where you reside, etc.

    Almost everyone on this board and throughout the Cyclone fan base can do a little more than they have in the past. Joining the Cyclone Club or Gridiron Club (or increasing your support level a little) would be a good start. For out state residents, if you go back for 1 game every 2-3 years, maybe try to get back once/year. If you live in Iowa and normally attend 3-4 games each year, maybe you get season tickets, etc.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 42,375, Level: 63
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    2,248
    Points
    42,375
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 56

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    I fully expect that ISU sells 40,000 season tickets next year



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 79,065, Level: 87
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,085
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,231
    Points
    79,065
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    acgclone nailed it. everyone is doing something already be it Tix, donations, buying clone gear, etc. time to step it up. if ur donating, donate more. if ur buying Tix buy season Tix or add a donation on top. I'm gonna b upping donation substantially for me and also buying season Tix even tho I may only attend 3-4 games a yr. hope majority is on board!



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 189,777, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,864
    Points
    189,777
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 182

    Re: ISU Football Expectations: The Fans

    I want a program that builds on past success. I want a coach whos program doesnt go all to hell after the gets a raise and extension. We need to keep updating facalities and keep JP on board. We have the coaches to move foward it is time we get the big time donars to make that move faster.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM