Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 275

Rutgers' receiver Sanu can hit

I have heard lots of talk about Sanu as a receiver, but when I went looking for videos, I found a bunch of his hard blocks. Why don't people talk more about how tough this guy is?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbnUzj2kQn4&feature=related]Mohamed Sanu Hit #3 - YouTube[/ame]

His receptions don't seem very impressive, just simple routes and lots of catches, except for his "circus catch" against USF where he tips a ball to himself and catches it while on his back. I'm also assuming he is very reliable in making catches. After the way we handled Oklahoma State's receivers, I have enormous respect for our corners. He may make a lot of catches, but I don't see him getting much yardage on us.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Rutgers' receiver Sanu can hit

Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    I have heard lots of talk about Sanu as a receiver, but when I went looking for videos, I found a bunch of his hard blocks. Why don't people talk more about how tough this guy is?

Mohamed Sanu Hit #3 - YouTube

His receptions don't seem very impressive, just simple routes and lots of catches, except for his "circus catch" against USF where he tips a ball to himself and catches it while on his back. I'm also assuming he is very reliable in making catches. After the way we handled Oklahoma State's receivers, I have enormous respect for our corners. He may make a lot of catches, but I don't see him getting much yardage on us.
    He will NOT be doing that to either Knott or Klein. Not gonna happen.

Last edited by Clones21; 12-15-2011 at 11:25 PM.
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Rookie
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    He will NOT be doing that to either Knott or Klien. Not gonna happen.
    Klein*
    Please don't arrest me Mr. Cop

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ManofCyience View Post
    Klein*
    Please don't arrest me Mr. Cop
    Looks like you caught me. Are you going to cite me for a name spelling mistake?

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Recruit
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

He is a possession receiver. Catches most everything near him. He has fast straight ahead speed but loses some when changing directions... Most always gets YAC... He has had MANY circus catches this season... He had a nice circus catch for a TD against UNC. Also had some nice circus catches against Ohio and Syracuse IIRC.

He IS a hard hitter. He was originally recruited as a strong safety... He can do everything from playing WR, playing DB, playing QB, wildcat QB, running between tackles, kick returner, punt returner, punter... He has done all these things at some point for us, and has done them well for a D1 player...

He is a clutch physical possession receiver who won't burn you but WILL get YAC especially when single covered... He has a knack for getting open even when the defense knows the ball is coming to him...

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47

clonies

Addict
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 275

Quote Originally Posted by blitz8ru View Post
    He is a possession receiver. Catches most everything near him. He has fast straight ahead speed but loses some when changing directions... Most always gets YAC... He has had MANY circus catches this season... He had a nice circus catch for a TD against UNC. Also had some nice circus catches against Ohio and Syracuse IIRC.

He IS a hard hitter. He was originally recruited as a strong safety... He can do everything from playing WR, playing DB, playing QB, wildcat QB, running between tackles, kick returner, punt returner, punter... He has done all these things at some point for us, and has done them well for a D1 player...

He is a clutch physical possession receiver who won't burn you but WILL get YAC especially when single covered... He has a knack for getting open even when the defense knows the ball is coming to him...

Wow. He sounds like a great athlete and he must be really smart. Or does it all just come naturally to him? Has he done all of these things this year?

Recruit
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Wow. He sounds like a great athlete and he must be really smart. Or does it all just come naturally to him? Has he done all of these things this year?
    No he has done the above mentioned things the past 2 years. He was just a WR this year. This is his true-Junior year. He started at WR as a true-freshmen taking over for current Tennessee Titans 1st round pick WR Kenny Britt in 2009.

A lot of the QB stuff was last year when we ran the wildcat as our MAIN offense... Him and Jeremy Deering were our wildcat QBs on 1st and 2nd down. Then we brought in our passing QB Chas Dodd in on 3rd down... It was a pretty pathetic offense... The reason for this type of offense was that our OL was even WORSE then it was this year and we couldn't run the ball unless we had an extra blocker (like there is in the wildcat)... In the end both wildcat QBs last year ended up playing significantly injured further hampering the offense...

Anyway Sanu is a good accurate passer (has thrown for TDs) and runner (has run for TDs). He also punted the ball a couple of times last year when our punter was injured and WAS going to be the backup punter this year until the backup punter stepped up his game this summer... He also has an interception while playing DB.

Schiano sometimes places WRs as DBs late in games (to screw with the QB or for sh*ts and giggles I think)...

He is pretty close to what you would term an "all-rounder" or a "renaissance man" when it comes to football... The only positions on the football team (including high school and college) he has never played is DL and OL.

Last edited by blitz8ru; 12-16-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Prospect
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

When Sanu was playing HS ball here in South Brunswick, he was actually the QB. Like blitz said, he is a "Renaissance Man" in terms of football.

Off the field, he is one of the most genuine people I've met. Quiet, gentle, humble. But also very, very mature.

Here's his freshman highlight reel.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJz5fIQm6-E]Mohamed Sanu Freshman Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Rutgers Athletics Gallery

Want to follow me? [Twitter] [Facebook]

Fear is the dark room in which negatives are developed. - Anon.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,213
    Given: 116

It's not exactly difficult to lay a hard block on someone who doesn't see you coming.

Starter
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Our kicker Grant Mahoney hits pretty damn good too if I dont say so myself. See link.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goiowastate/5013626664/

Last edited by Hayes30; 12-16-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 241

Im pretty sure most anyone can crack back a guy to the ground. While it looks explosive, its not that impressive.

Find me a guy who he lines up with and drives straight into the ground, vs a guy that he doesnt see him coming.

Those hits always look awesome, but most HS kids can do them.

All-Star
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 25

Rutger's offensive strategy for the bowl game will depend on the results of an appeal. They are currently appealing the NCAA for an exception to the 7 men on the LOS rule. If the NCAA rules in favor of the expection, Sanu will play 1 on 11 for them on offense. As long as the defense holds us to double digits, they are confident he can outscore us.

If they are ruled against, they plan to have the rest of the offensive players lay down on the field in an attempt to stay out of Sanu's way.

CyBer

Quote Originally Posted by nhclone View Post
    Rutger's offensive strategy for the bowl game will depend on the results of an appeal. They are currently appealing the NCAA for an exception to the 7 men on the LOS rule. If the NCAA rules in favor of the expection, Sanu will play 1 on 11 for them on offense. As long as the defense holds us to double digits, they are confident he can outscore us.

If they are ruled against, they plan to have the rest of the offensive players lay down on the field in an attempt to stay out of Sanu's way.
    Since he was quarterback in high school, he will be throwing to himself.

Rookie
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 624
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by blitz8ru View Post

I wonder if Leonard, Ter'Ran, Jeremy, and Jacques can sleep at night?