Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 279
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 6,197, Level: 23
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    167
    Points
    6,197
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 82

    More Rhoads Speculation

    I'm not afraid of Rhoads to Pitt... that's a laterla move at best. What about this speculation though. Rhoads to Penn State? Let's get the fear rumor mill started.

    To be honest, this one would scare me a little because 1) he's a great guy, who better to wash away the scars of the scandal then Paul Rhoads? and 2) Even a guy who loves his ISU with his heart and soul probably couldn't turn down a chance to coach at Happy Valley. On the bright side... Who would have ever thought that you'd even have to worry about losing a head coach and assistant to top tier schools?


    Penn State Coaching Rumors: Could Paul Rhoads Move On From Iowa State? - Barbecue Sauce - SB Nation Kansas City



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 26,317, Level: 49
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cobraclone71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    738
    Points
    26,317
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 9

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonestunners View Post
    I'm not afraid of Rhoads to Pitt... that's a laterla move at best. What about this speculation though. Rhoads to Penn State? Let's get the fear rumor mill started.

    To be honest, this one would scare me a little because 1) he's a great guy, who better to wash away the scars of the scandal then Paul Rhoads? and 2) Even a guy who loves his ISU with his heart and soul probably couldn't turn down a chance to coach at Happy Valley. On the bright side... Who would have ever thought that you'd even have to worry about losing a head coach and assistant to top tier schools?


    Penn State Coaching Rumors: Could Paul Rhoads Move On From Iowa State? - Barbecue Sauce - SB Nation Kansas City
    Please....make....it....stop....already....

    HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,943, Level: 80
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,107
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adventureland
    Posts
    4,763
    Points
    66,943
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 0

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    Do people just love the thought of depression?


    Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 51,127, Level: 69
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Drive4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    972
    Posts
    5,541
    Points
    51,127
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 43

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    Honestly, Pitt might be a better job right now than Penn State.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 160,177, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,691
    Points
    160,177
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 549
    Given: 852

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    Is anyone concerned about Rhoads accepting the Republican nomination via winning the Iowa caucus as a write-in?


    Under Rhoads ISU will become a big-time program.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,943, Level: 80
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,107
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adventureland
    Posts
    4,763
    Points
    66,943
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 0

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    Rhoads knows ISU is on the ups. He knows he can get paid in the Big12. Hes building a name for himself and for ISU. He isn't going to carry on someone elses tradition, hes starting his own here.


    Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 560,808, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,456
    Points
    560,808
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 288
    Given: 144

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    This "rumor" (exact same article) was already posted and discussed here:

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...e-vacancy.html




  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 54,718, Level: 72
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,454
    Points
    54,718
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
    Rhoads knows ISU is on the ups. He knows he can get paid in the Big12. Hes building a name for himself and for ISU. He isn't going to carry on someone elses tradition, hes starting his own here.
    While I absolutely agree with this, I think that it is still important to understand that this in not a destination job.

    This is like hawk bb, many mid major, or assistants, will take the million dollar payraise to take their shot and coach here.

    I don't think that CPR is going anywhere for at least 3-4 years. But to think that golden opportunities like a Penn St come along every year is silly.

    Yes the program is toxic right now, but it is a top ten job, and a place you can win national championships at. I am sure that is CPR's ultimate goal is to win a national championship. He would be foolish to not at least consider top jobs.

    That being said, Pitt is not that job. But Penn St. is.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 66,840, Level: 80
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,210
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cy4prez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,682
    Points
    66,840
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 56

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    So. Tired. Of. These. Threads.


    KCCO



    Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 216,767, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27,455
    Points
    216,767
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 514
    Given: 49

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    While I absolutely agree with this, I think that it is still important to understand that this in not a destination job.

    This is like hawk bb, many mid major, or assistants, will take the million dollar payraise to take their shot and coach here.

    I don't think that CPR is going anywhere for at least 3-4 years. But to think that golden opportunities like a Penn St come along every year is silly.

    Yes the program is toxic right now, but it is a top ten job, and a place you can win national championships at. I am sure that is CPR's ultimate goal is to win a national championship. He would be foolish to not at least consider top jobs.

    That being said, Pitt is not that job. But Penn St. is.
    IMO, CPR's ultimate Dream would be to win a NC at ISU. IMO, we keep giving CPR more resources along with increases in pay then he stays. The Resources are probably even more important than his personal pay IMO. Take a hint from a guy like Hayden Fry and Earle Bruce. Fry stayed and Bruce left. Who was the guy who ended up regretting their decision?



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 166,691, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    jaretac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Frigidaire
    Posts
    7,636
    Points
    166,691
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    Yeah guys, we don't need 20,000 threads about this



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 58,237, Level: 74
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,559
    Points
    58,237
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 1

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    Paul has already stated that his dream job isn't open right now, at least not until Jerry Pezzetti announces his retirement.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 101,882, Level: 99
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,168
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,116
    Points
    101,882
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 10

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    Do you punch yourself in the dick just to see what it feels like?



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 588,421, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isulive2train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ciclón Nación
    Posts
    4,252
    Points
    588,421
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 308
    Given: 209

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    I think I will call Ms. Cleo... she'll know.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 54,578, Level: 72
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,235
    Points
    54,578
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

    Re: More Rhoads Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    Do you punch yourself in the dick just to see what it feels like?
    now that was funny!!!!!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 11:00 AM