Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

CP3 to the Clippers

Finally a done deal (allegedly)

Sources -- Los Angeles, New Orleans Hornets agree on Chris Paul trade - ESPN Los Angeles

A worse deal that the one the Lakers/Rockets offered. So much for that being rejected "in the best interest of the team."

Pro
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 69

Re: CP3 to the Clippers

This whole deal with Paul makes me hate the NBA even more than I did before. David Stern is a joke.

I AM SO PROUD....
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

#1. This is a horrible deal for the Clippers unless CP3 signs an extension. The Hornets make out good but not as good as the Hou/LAL trade.

#2. Why did the Clips claim Chauncey Billups off waivers if they knew they were trading for Paul??

Pro
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 13

It's going to be a lot of fun to watch CP3 play with Blake Griffin.

Addict
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 352
    Given: 90

Re:CP3 to the Clippers

Hornets got young talent and the minnesota pick that is un protected. Clippers make a splash to build playoff team.

Pro
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,284
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 4

Does anyone remember how Chris Paul had his MCL tear repaired? Did they actually repair the tissue, or did they remove the ligament? I that ligament is gone, I am afraid CP3 may be wearing the last tread off his tires. He will have Brandon Roy knees in short order if that is the case.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 610

David Stern really knows how to run a team. Go Hornets. Boy, what excitement has come to town. Chris Kaman. Woooooowwww. Future first rounder in 2012..... that is a ways off. Yep, excitement hits the Big Easy.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 403

Quote Originally Posted by Scott34 View Post
    This whole deal with Paul makes me hate the NBA even more than I did before. David Stern is a joke.
    I'm not a big Stern fan but atleast he didn't hand CP3 to the Lakers. That would have rivaled the KG and Gasol trades as the worst in recent memory. At least the league didn't agree to hand over another title.

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,559
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 54

Quote Originally Posted by geburgess View Post
    Finally a done deal (allegedly)

Sources -- Los Angeles, New Orleans Hornets agree on Chris Paul trade - ESPN Los Angeles

A worse deal that the one the Lakers/Rockets offered. So much for that being rejected "in the best interest of the team."
    This is actually a much better deal for the Hornets. Eric Gordon is a stud. Kaman is one of the few quality true centers in the year, will be easy to flip at trade deadline. Aminu will be a rotation guy and getting a first round pick in the deepest draft in years will be a good building block. Much better deal than getting three guys with big contracts on the downside of their career.

Addict
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 403

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    This is actually a much better deal for the Hornets. Eric Gordon is a stud. Kaman is one of the few quality true centers in the year, will be easy to flip at trade deadline. Aminu will be a rotation guy and getting a first round pick in the deepest draft in years will be a good building block. Much better deal than getting three guys with big contracts on the downside of their career.
    exactly, NO was never going to get guys who could make them immediately competitive, atleast they got some young talent and some cap room.

Rookie
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by heitclone View Post
    I'm not a big Stern fan but atleast he didn't hand CP3 to the Lakers. That would have rivaled the KG and Gasol trades as the worst in recent memory. At least the league didn't agree to hand over another title.
    Hand CP3 to the lakers? They were giving up their 2nd and 3rd best players (bynum is a distant 4) and then flipping Gasol for a ton of talent. Not quite handing them the ring on a platter when you have to trade two 7 footers to get a PG with bad knees. Trading Gasol for Kwame Brown vs trading him AND Odom for CP3 aren't even in the same universe. Stern blocking that trade when already accepted was a joke.

I think this trade was bad for the Clippers. Can't give up Gordon in this deal. Especially after getting Chauncey on waiver bid claim you have a talented PG with a ring and tons of playoff experience.

Been thinking this for a while, and especially now that Paul is a clipper, I think the Lakers target Baron Davis. He was just amnestied by the Cavs. I know he's hurt, but they can't go into the season with Fisher and Blake at PG. Sure it worked for years when you have a front line of three 7-footers and run the triangle with Phil. But it's a whole new show and Fisher ain't fooling anyone anymore. I really wish LA had landed Chauncey, but Baron is a decent option B.

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,559
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 54

Quote Originally Posted by asmosis View Post
    Hand CP3 to the lakers? They were giving up their 2nd and 3rd best players (bynum is a distant 4) and then flipping Gasol for a ton of talent. Not quite handing them the ring on a platter when you have to trade two 7 footers to get a PG with bad knees. Trading Gasol for Kwame Brown vs trading him AND Odom for CP3 aren't even in the same universe. Stern blocking that trade when already accepted was a joke.

I think this trade was bad for the Clippers. Can't give up Gordon in this deal. Especially after getting Chauncey on waiver bid claim you have a talented PG with a ring and tons of playoff experience.

Been thinking this for a while, and especially now that Paul is a clipper, I think the Lakers target Baron Davis. He was just amnestied by the Cavs. I know he's hurt, but they can't go into the season with Fisher and Blake at PG. Sure it worked for years when you have a front line of three 7-footers and run the triangle with Phil. But it's a whole new show and Fisher ain't fooling anyone anymore. I really wish LA had landed Chauncey, but Baron is a decent option B.
    Chauncey Billups is only a slight step up from Fisher now. He's a spot up shooter who can no longer defend his position at this point in his career. The Lakers need a pg who can stop dribble penetration, any quick pg has killed them over the last few years. Baron Davis hasn't been close to game shape for about three years now, that's a big gamble but it could pay off.

Rookie
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    Chauncey Billups is only a slight step up from Fisher now. He's a spot up shooter who can no longer defend his position at this point in his career. The Lakers need a pg who can stop dribble penetration, any quick pg has killed them over the last few years. Baron Davis hasn't been close to game shape for about three years now, that's a big gamble but it could pay off.
    Year before last Baron played very well. Stayed healthy (75 games) and averaged 15+ ppg, 8 apg, 3.5 rpg and nearly 2 steals a game. He's a PG who can consistently get into the paint and CAN be a decent defender when he wants to. If he's healthy and in LA on a competitive team he could be pretty decent. Sure, Billups isn't the elite PG he was, but I'd rather have his big game experience and maturity over Baron come playoff time. Much better 3pt shooter than Baron too.