Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

ISU over OSU Yahoo Sports #1 Upset of 2011

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

All-Star
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 99

Re: ISU over OSU Yahoo Sports #1 Upset of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by galactawitz View Post
    Still getting love from that win!
    Did you bother to read the article? Basically another article saying Oklahoma State completely stepped on their d***, and that it in no shape way or form should have ever lost to a team as bad as Iowa State.

Starter
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Agclone91 View Post
    Did you bother to read the article? Basically another article saying Oklahoma State completely stepped on their d***, and that it in no shape way or form should have ever lost to a team as bad as Iowa State.
    Jeez. I didn't take it like that. They said we were .500. Any press is good press. We have to be consistently in and winning bowl games until we can completely change our "loser" image. Do you think the article is going to say "oh yeah, Iowa State has a really high performing defence and shouldn't have been 28 point underdogs"?

Thanks for the article. I enjoyed reading about the upsets.

Hilton Coliseum was specifically built to hold in sound with a solid concrete structure, steel doors, and a crowd that sits just a few feet from the court. With a fan base that frequently ranks among the nations largest crowds, players from opposing teams, as well as Iowa State, have said that the floor has shaken due to the loudness of the crowd

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

And....?

They were 10-0 and thought to be one of the best in the country. Not sure how good you think ISU is, but beating the best in the country is a pretty big upset. What would you like them to say? They were beat by an equally good team?

Team Rainbo_

Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ty4cy90 View Post
    Jeez. I didn't take it like that.

"All because the No. 2 team in the nation couldn't finish off a .500 outfit that opened the conference schedule with four consecutive losses by double digits"

" the Cowboys yielded 24 consecutive points in the second half and overtime to an offense that came in averaging just 24 points per game, fewest in the conference."

I know they are speaking the truth in both statements, but both seem to me to have been written in the article in a way that really made the loss seem completely unjustified.

Starter
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,082
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

Terrible reading comprehension on your part.

"Instead, with a stunning rally out of a 24-7 hole, the most unlikely spoiler the BCS has ever produced may have stuck a dagger in the system as we know it."

The message in that upset is "Iowa State defeats the BCS."

You really have to project a lot of insecurities to get to your interpretation.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 725
    Given: 484

Should they have? It's not called an "upset" for no reason. I love the upset as much as any other Cyclone fan but OSU should not have lost that game.

Sometimes I swear Cyclone fans look for the slightest slight in everything just to have something to ***** about...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye11en1 View Post
    And....?

They were 10-0 and thought to be one of the best in the country. Not sure how good you think ISU is, but beating the best in the country is a pretty big upset. What would you like them to say? They were beat by an equally good team?

Not at all, but maybe point out that Iowa State won the game, not just that the Cowboys lost it all by themselves.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 725
    Given: 484

Not at all, but maybe point out that Iowa State won the game, not just that the Cowboys lost it all by themselves.
    with a stunning rally out of a 24-7 hole, the most unlikely spoiler the BCS has ever produced may have stuck a dagger in the system as we know it.
    You mean kind of like what I have bolded?

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

What part of "stuck a dagger" did you miss?

I, too, am increasingly weary, not of criticism of actual problems (turnovers, point-kicking, penalties, red zone neutrality, etc.) but of knee jerk negativity with no roots in reality (national "disrespect," Tom Herman "unwanted," "undeserved" post-season honors...the list goes on).

If I didn't know any better, I'd think those complainers have joined a cult headed up by Rob Howe. Holy cow he had a weep-fest yesterday on the radio.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSTATCyclone View Post

I, too, am increasingly weary, not of criticism of actual problems (turnovers, point-kicking, penalties, red zone neutrality, etc.) but of knee jerk negativity with no roots in reality (national "disrespect," Tom Herman "unwanted," "undeserved" post-season honors...the list goes on).
    My bad for posting my opinion on a message board, I forgot that means I have to agree with what everybody else thinks.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

My bad for posting my opinion on a message board, I forgot that means I have to agree with what everybody else thinks.
    You can disagree. But you'd be wrong.

Team Rainbo_

Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

Legend
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 748
    Given: 1,551

You have every right to post your opinion. And they have every right to post their opinion that your opinion sucks and is way off base...

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

No. Your bad for posting a baseless, kneejerk opinion on a message board. Here, let me show how to do it:

"It's nice to get some national attention, but this isn't where I want us to be right now. I honestly think that, had Barnett replaced Jantz earlier in the year, we would have won more games, and the upset against Okie State wouldn't have seemed so out of the blue. This team was stout, and surprising, and, even though they exceeded expectations, I honestly don't think they 'overachieved.' They were a good 6-6 team that, had the offense not shot itself in the foot so often during the transition from Jantz to Barnett, could have been 8-4. Now that would have gotten even better press."

You don't have to agree (as I don't even agree with the above quote). You just don't need to throw annoying complaint bombs that don't contribute anything to the OPs news.

It's easy.

All-Star
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 577
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Should they have? It's not called an "upset" for no reason. I love the upset as much as any other Cyclone fan but OSU should not have lost that game.

Sometimes I swear Cyclone fans look for the slightest slight in everything just to have something to ***** about...
    It's not that they're saying OSU shot themselves in the foot against us. I'd be fine with that. They should have stuck with just their first paragraph, maybe adding in the sentence which talks about us being a mediocre .500 team. The rest of the second paragraph is that same old SEC bias which says OSU was never good enough to be #2 to begin with. They pull out that tired old "No Defense League" BS that people from the B1G and SEC always say about the Big 12. Personally, I'm upset for OSU and the Big 12, not so much for ISU.

"To the extent that Oklahoma State lived by the turnover en route to its 10-0 start, it died by the turnover against the Cyclones — and by a defense that was ultimately every bit as porous as its critics suggested. One week after shutting out Texas Tech, the Cowboys yielded 24 consecutive points in the second half and overtime to an offense that came in averaging just 24 points per game, fewest in the conference. When the turnover margin finally flipped on the nation's stingiest defense, all that was left was the unit looking every bit like one yielding 445 yards per game."