Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 29

Sports television production

After watching the Heisman presentation this weekend, I have to share a pet peeve of mine. I may be the only person on earth who finds this annoying, but I can't stand the "over-production" that you see on channels like ESPN now. I've noticed in the last couple of years they've starting using these computer-generated set features, which just look cheesy as hell. I get it. You have some sweet software. But that stupid little stone podium that I'm seeing that clearly doesn't really exist on your set does nothing for me.

But my biggest pet peeve is this sudden fascination with touch screens. Why do I need to watch some dope fumbling to use a touch screen when they could just as easily throw some graphics up on the screen? It's distracting an annoying. Saturday, at an event as prestigious as the Heisman presentation, they felt it was necessary to roll in a touch screen monitor so some guy could paw at it just to compare the candidates to previous winners. And the P.O.S. barely worked.

Show me a simple graphic with some bullet points that give me the information I need. You don't need to wow me with technology. The Heisman trophy is star of the show, not your fancy graphics and neat toys.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 37

Re: Sports television production

I find the touchscreen a little annoying also. Whenever I watch Sportsnation it always seems like it should work smoother but it always seems like it has some problems like when they have to drag things. This might have changed since I last watched it which was at least 6 months ago.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 306
    Given: 56

Re: Sports television production

ESPN has sucked for at least a decade now.