Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 18,456, Level: 41
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Screwston,TX
    Posts
    302
    Points
    18,456
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Boardwalk Empire

    Do you watch? If so what did you think about the season finale?


    -I'm 1983 Chris Allen, and I approve this message.

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 791,879, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    54,280
    Points
    791,879
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,734
    Given: 2,567

    Re:Boardwalk Empire

    I was hoping to watch that but I think it's on HBO isn't it?



  3. #3
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 18,456, Level: 41
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Screwston,TX
    Posts
    302
    Points
    18,456
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I was hoping to watch that but I think it's on HBO isn't it?
    Yeah, I just start the HBO when the season begins and cancel it after. Kinda $$ for one show, but I got hooked. I would think that the first season should be coming to Netflix soon.


    -I'm 1983 Chris Allen, and I approve this message.

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 110,668, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8,432
    Points
    110,668
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,205
    Given: 229

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    Very good series and the season finale was the best one so far. Good acting, great character development and great plots/sub plots. Overall, probably my favorite show on TV right now depending on how the 2nd season of Game of Thrones goes.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 39,101, Level: 61
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,249
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    burn587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,706
    Points
    39,101
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 135

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    Good episode, although I have no idea where they go from here. I always enjoyed the young guns on the show more than the established criminals and now they seem to be taking a backseat to the older guys. Not sure how this goes for me now that my favorite character is gone.



  6. #6
    Walk On
    Points: 5,594, Level: 22
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    timhisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    50312
    Posts
    182
    Points
    5,594
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 35

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    Yeah, the ending was a strange turn in my opinion. What will the show be without the younger guys? I thought for sure Nucky had more compassion for Jimmy than that.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 87,272, Level: 91
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,778
    Points
    87,272
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 439
    Given: 0

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    So what are they going to do for next season?

    Atlantic city is pretty much wrapped up so its gotta be a battle between philly or Chicago. I hope they don't just turn it into a drama between Nucky and his wife.

    I guess there could be interesting fights with Nucky and the other land deal investors, but I don't see that nearly as compelling as with Jimmy.

    Perhaps Jimmys mother could take over and create some kinda storyline?



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 71,676, Level: 83
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,474
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,650
    Points
    71,676
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 73

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycology View Post
    Do you watch? If so what did you think about the season finale?
    Jimmy going down was a real shocker. Thought for sure he and Nuck would reconcile and then take on Luciano and Capone.

    I expect next season will have his wife conniving in the background even more against him. Like others have said, she is my least favorite story line. Whiny.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 51,543, Level: 70
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,007
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isubeatle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,364
    Points
    51,543
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 113

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    Jimmy's kid is gonna be more messed up than Jimmy was with that crazy mother of his raising him now. geez.

    but i was disappointed a bit with Jimmy getting shot, i liked his character a lot.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 39,101, Level: 61
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,249
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    burn587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,706
    Points
    39,101
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 135

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    So what are they going to do for next season?

    Atlantic city is pretty much wrapped up so its gotta be a battle between philly or Chicago. I hope they don't just turn it into a drama between Nucky and his wife.

    I guess there could be interesting fights with Nucky and the other land deal investors, but I don't see that nearly as compelling as with Jimmy.

    Perhaps Jimmys mother could take over and create some kinda storyline?
    I hope not, I really wish Jimmy would've finished her off after taking out the commodore. The guy I feel worst for is Richard. He just lost his only friend, the only person that saw beyond his disfigurement. Since he tried to commit suicide earlier this year it wouldn't surprise me if he offs himself or goes out in some blaze of glory.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 110,668, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8,432
    Points
    110,668
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,205
    Given: 229

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    Jimmy will be a loss, but there are lots of directions the show could go. You still have Capone and Luciano still needing to rise to power, so I'm guessing Nucky will be involved in that.

    I do like the new Irishman that is Nucky's body guard, but he won't be able to replace Jimmy as a character.

    Another thing that I found interesting is that Agent Van Alden moved to Cicero, IL, which is on the outskirts (at the time) of Chicago, so he may still be involved somehow.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 110,668, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8,432
    Points
    110,668
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,205
    Given: 229

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by burn587 View Post
    I hope not, I really wish Jimmy would've finished her off after taking out the commodore. The guy I feel worst for is Richard. He just lost his only friend, the only person that saw beyond his disfigurement. Since he tried to commit suicide earlier this year it wouldn't surprise me if he offs himself or goes out in some blaze of glory.
    Ya, I hope that Nucky will work with him somehow. I really liked his character.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 39,101, Level: 61
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,249
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    burn587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,706
    Points
    39,101
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 135

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    Jimmy will be a loss, but there are lots of directions the show could go. You still have Capone and Luciano still needing to rise to power, so I'm guessing Nucky will be involved in that.

    I do like the new Irishman that is Nucky's body guard, but he won't be able to replace Jimmy as a character.

    Another thing that I found interesting is that Agent Van Alden moved to Cicero, IL, which is on the outskirts (at the time) of Chicago, so he may still be involved somehow.
    I am not a fan of his. I think where Jimmy and him both are quick to violence the Irishman seems to relish it whereas Jimmy treated it as something that had to be done. Honestly the more I think about it the more I have no idea how this show will continue strongly. I hope Michael Pitt gets nominated for an Emmy, the last two episodes were superbly acted by him.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 51,543, Level: 70
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,007
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isubeatle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,364
    Points
    51,543
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 113

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    I have a big problem with Marget signing the land deed over to the church like that. She basically signed away all of her power and there's no reason for Nucky to not off her at the start of the next season. Not that I care too much, her character didn't change much at all this season and she got annoying.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 29,453, Level: 52
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,111
    Points
    29,453
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,630
    Given: 805

    Re: Boardwalk Empire

    Quote Originally Posted by isubeatle View Post
    Jimmy's kid is gonna be more messed up than Jimmy was with that crazy mother of his raising him now. geez.

    but i was disappointed a bit with Jimmy getting shot, i liked his character a lot.
    Kudos isubeatle.

    I'll be honest - they hid that pretty well. Figured something was coming with Gillian and Nucky. Never saw the kid coming however.

    Is that Toby McGuire's little brother or something?

    All and all - a bit disappointed in the finally. Not much really happened aside from the obvious. Although it does sort of plug in well to the actual organized crime history. Really appreciate that about the show.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM