Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 7

Was money sharing ever actually signed?

It's been so long -- with a season of football mixed in.

I remember (perhaps incorrectly), that the schools were planning on assigning their TV money to the conference for 6 (or so) years. BUT nothing was formally done because everyone was waiting on Mizzou.

So -- is this actually formally part of the Big 12 yet? Have the 8 remaining schools signed? And what about TCU/West Virginia?

May my postings be polite and not misunderstood. (And hopefully funny on occasion.)

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 15

Re: Was money sharing ever actually signed?

I do not think so.

CyBer

I thought it was.

Starter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by TedKumsher View Post
    It's been so long -- with a season of football mixed in.

I remember (perhaps incorrectly), that the schools were planning on assigning their TV money to the conference for 6 (or so) years. BUT nothing was formally done because everyone was waiting on Mizzou.

So -- is this actually formally part of the Big 12 yet? Have the 8 remaining schools signed? And what about TCU/West Virginia?
    Sort of. I don't know if the deal has been ratified by ALL of the Big 12 member schools yet, but from this it sounds like that is just a formality.

"That assignment of rights isn't legally binding just yet--interim commissioner Chuck Neinas has been "authorized by the Board to immediately distribute legal documents for institutional execution." But with the grant of rights part of a "joint resolution" on the part of Texas and Oklahoma (who have each already publicly endorsed the conference's invitation to TCU), it seems unthinkable that either would back out of the arrangement now, or that any of the six other non-Missouri Big 12 schools wouldn't follow their lead."
    Big 12 agrees to six-year grant of TV rights - CBSSports.com

Given that we haven't heard anything to the contrary, it seems the TV rights deal will be in effect next year - and it would apply to new members as well.

Walk On
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzoulander View Post
    Sort of. I don't know if the deal has been ratified by ALL of the Big 12 member schools yet, but from this it sounds like that is just a formality.

"That assignment of rights isn't legally binding just yet--interim commissioner Chuck Neinas has been "authorized by the Board to immediately distribute legal documents for institutional execution." But with the grant of rights part of a "joint resolution" on the part of Texas and Oklahoma (who have each already publicly endorsed the conference's invitation to TCU), it seems unthinkable that either would back out of the arrangement now, or that any of the six other non-Missouri Big 12 schools wouldn't follow their lead."
    Big 12 agrees to six-year grant of TV rights - CBSSports.com

It has since been done

Given that we haven't heard anything to the contrary, it seems the TV rights deal will be in effect next year - and it would apply to new members as well.

James W. Myers