Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Tilton vs Brewster questions are weclome link to a good article in this thread

Friar Basketball: PC Hoops For All

Hear was a quote about Niang By Friar Basketball (Providence writer) talking about the last minute of the game...

"Tilton found their way back into this game behind their defense and by grinding out points, and with Noel gone, staring at a two possession game with a minute to go it looked as though Brewster had sealed it.

Christon missed both free throws, however, giving Tilton life, down three with the ball. You don't give Georges Niang life.

Big Shot Georges

Watch basketball enough and you find that rare player who you just know is going to make the big shot when his team needs it most. When Niang hoisted a game-tying three pointer with 38 seconds to play there was little doubt on this end that it was going down. He's done it too many times before.

Some players seem to will the ball through the basket.

Niang's top of the key trey, tying the game for the first time since it was 0-0, was yet another huge shot in a pretty remarkable career of a kid who turned himself into a high major player throughout hard work certainly, but also thanks to an innate competitive spirit that so often wills his team back into ballgames."

Next game against Brewster is Jan 15th. I am giving a spa day and doing all of the dishes for the next month to go to this one in Springfield. It would be cheaper to buy courtisde seats for the Boston Celtics.

I was lucky enough to get a kitchen pass to go to this one. I have a 1 and 2 year old at home so getting out is a true luxury.

enough bla bla bla

it's nap time now, questions about the game are welcome.

The game was huge and the best come back to send into overtime I have scene.

Niang: (I'll focus on him since he is Iowa Sate Bound but questions about others are welcome)

He has 20 points 7 rebounds
    Three players on Brewster where assigned defense on Niang in some sort of revolving order and every time he got the ball you could hear the Brewster coach yell "Double". the point guard had a tough time getting the ball to Niang and Brewster was willing to foul Niang to keep him from getting the ball. Probably why the rotation of defenders to allow more than 5 fouls while guarding Niang. When he was able to get the ball his post moves where too much for Brewster. he was called for traveling 3 or 4 times which appeared a bit suspect. I think Refs where over their head. the moves looked like his moves I see on video all the time. The video on youtube up and coming will resolve the question....

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 526

Re: Tilton vs Brewster questions are weclome link to a good article in this thread

These two teams will meet again in January and the game will be televised on ESPN. The "Stars of the Future High School Invitational" takes place January 15 and these two will go head to head at 4pm.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Starter
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 14

Re: Tilton vs Brewster questions are weclome link to a good article in this thread

Boston,
    Thank you for the link, as it provides some very interesting reading.
    Really appreciate having someone out east to keep tabs on Georges for us.

GO CYCLONES

All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    Boston,
    Thank you for the link, as it provides some very interesting reading.
    Really appreciate having someone out east to keep tabs on Georges for us.

GO CYCLONES
    FUll game coverage with video i did of tilton vs brewster
    Tj Warren Leads Brewster Vs TIlton in championship game. Brewster Invitational - BallasTv

Pro
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ballastv View Post
    Enjoyed the highlights and tweeted earlier today with the link to them! Great production in my opinion to showcase all the players from the games...

Prospect
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by SvrWxCy View Post
    Enjoyed the highlights and tweeted earlier today with the link to them! Great production in my opinion to showcase all the players from the games...
    After watching the video was Niang's spin move a travel?

Pro
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BostonPrep View Post
    After watching the video was Niang's spin move a travel?
    I've heard other comments about that call as well, many referring to it as not a travel. It is hard to say in the video as you lose track of his pivot foot, but as he gets the ball he establishes his right foot as pivot foot, then as he picks it up he goes for the shot but I can't tell if the right foot touches the floor again or not. If the right foot doesn't touch the floor again than it should not be a travel...

Last edited by SvrWxCy; 12-13-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Confused right & left.. doh!

Pro
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

Quote Originally Posted by SvrWxCy View Post
    I've heard other comments about that call as well, many referring to it as not a travel. It is hard to say in the video as you lose track of his pivot foot, but as he gets the ball he establishes his left foot as pivot foot, then as he picks it up he goes for the shot but I can't tell if the left foot touches the floor again or not. If the left foot doesn't touch the floor again than it should not be a travel...
    What was with the showboating ref? It was kind of taunting Niang for traveling. Very professional.

"But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know." - David Brent