Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 112,687, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,705
    Points
    112,687
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 297

    Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    I'm hearing the Iowa staff is in CF today to meet with Hill. I assumed since we hadn't heard anything in a while that he was going to stay committed. He still out shopping around?


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 74,442, Level: 84
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,468
    Points
    74,442
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    Maybe they are trying to exploit the TH news. Don't let them sell you a pack of lies Barkley.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 63,057, Level: 77
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    3,257
    Points
    63,057
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 320
    Given: 578

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    Just because we have a bunch of backs on the roster, don't let that sway you. Look how many backs we have used this year and how much time Woody got in the second half of the season. We still need you!!



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 12,949, Level: 34
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    449
    Points
    12,949
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 6

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    Iowa Just offered a Sophmore Lineman at Cf as well so they could be there for him.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 146,630, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    8,475
    Points
    146,630
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 388
    Given: 224

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    Conversation with Hill and Rhoads...
    Hill "I hear Herman left for OSU"
    Rhoads "Yes he did but any OC will be better than Ken O'Keefe"
    Hill "At least you were up-front, where do I sign"



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 261,904, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,173
    Points
    261,904
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 29

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Conversation with Hill and Rhoads...
    Hill "I hear Herman left for OSU"
    Rhoads "Yes he did but any OC will be better than Ken O'Keefe"
    Hill "But, as a RB at Iowa I will get a ton of carries because God knows that the rest will all be hurt or off the team for any number of reasons. Crap. That doesn't exclude me. Where do I sign."
    FIFY


    Team Rainbo_

    Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

  7. #7
    Walk On
    Points: 10,828, Level: 31
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 422
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    128
    Points
    10,828
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 60

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    I hate how our fans automatically think we have to beg and plead for one of our recruits not to leave us because Iowa is recruiting them. Iowa (at least to me) doesn't have the image of the overly superior program over us like they used to (especially to Iowa High School players).

    Secondly, Hill is committed to us..he should be "ALL IN"..if he is not, then he isn't the player that ISU has been building their team around. Having said that, I do think that Hill is "ALL IN" and I think he fits in perfectly with the ISU Family. He will be a great player for us during his career here.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 172,810, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,424
    Points
    172,810
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 481
    Given: 332

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    I wish people will stop freaking out about this. Barkley Hill has come out and said he is still a solid verbal to ISU. People that are telling you otherwise are either misinformed or Hawk fans trying to get under your skin.



  9. #9
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 14,749, Level: 36
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    248
    Points
    14,749
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 9

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonCyclone View Post
    I hate how our fans automatically think we have to beg and plead for one of our recruits not to leave us because Iowa is recruiting them. Iowa (at least to me) doesn't have the image of the overly superior program over us like they used to (especially to Iowa High School players).

    Secondly, Hill is committed to us..he should be "ALL IN"..if he is not, then he isn't the player that ISU has been building their team around. Having said that, I do think that Hill is "ALL IN" and I think he fits in perfectly with the ISU Family. He will be a great player for us during his career here.
    You're wrong. Iowa does have the image to most high schoolers as the overly superior school within this state. Look at this year, we beat them, go 6-6 and the Pinstripe bowl. They go 7-5 and head to Arizona to play a nationally ranked Oklahoma team who many thought would be in the NC game going into the season. If you were to ask most kids in HS, who have no set allegiance to either team, what program is better, or had the better year, the answer would be Iowa 90% of the time. It's not the way I wish it would be, but it's the facts.

    Also, those kids have watched Iowa win:

    An Orange Bowl
    An Outback Bowl
    An Insight Bowl over nationally ranked Missouri

    No matter how much we want to be perceived on a level playing field with Iowa, it just isn't the case at this juncture. Maybe in the next 5-10 years it will be the case, but not right now.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 28,857, Level: 52
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 893
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jj-cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,130
    Points
    28,857
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 89

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    RB Johnson?



  11. #11
    Walk On
    Points: 10,828, Level: 31
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 422
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    128
    Points
    10,828
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 60

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFanInChiLand View Post
    You're wrong. Iowa does have the image to most high schoolers as the overly superior school within this state. Look at this year, we beat them, go 6-6 and the Pinstripe bowl. They go 7-5 and head to Arizona to play a nationally ranked Oklahoma team who many thought would be in the NC game going into the season. If you were to ask most kids in HS, who have no set allegiance to either team, what program is better, or had the better year, the answer would be Iowa 90% of the time. It's not the way I wish it would be, but it's the facts.

    Also, those kids have watched Iowa win:

    An Orange Bowl
    An Outback Bowl
    An Insight Bowl over nationally ranked Missouri

    No matter how much we want to be perceived on a level playing field with Iowa, it just isn't the case at this juncture. Maybe in the next 5-10 years it will be the case, but not right now.

    Yes you are right about all of those things and I do agree in 5-10 years (if we can keep most of our staff together) it will be a different story. However, I was making a point about IOWA high school kids. There is a reason why we pretty much cleaned up the state of Iowa as far as recruits go this year. Example: Collin Bevins, parents are diehard Hawk fans, yet still commits to ISU. That goes to the changing culture that Rhoads is responsable for.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 61,988, Level: 77
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,262
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,337
    Points
    61,988
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 281
    Given: 151

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonCyclone View Post
    Yes you are right about all of those things and I do agree in 5-10 years (if we can keep most of our staff together) it will be a different story. However, I was making a point about IOWA high school kids. There is a reason why we pretty much cleaned up the state of Iowa as far as recruits go this year. Example: Collin Bevins, parents are diehard Hawk fans, yet still commits to ISU. That goes to the changing culture that Rhoads is responsable for.
    The only reason Bevins is comong here is because he didn't have an Iowa offer. When Iowa finally did offer, they were just trying to do him a favor because big time programs wait for Iowa to offer a kid so they know he's for real.

    Even in my attempt to troll, I can't make it sound as dumb as the post several people had as their sig.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 182,428, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    15,603
    Points
    182,428
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,835
    Given: 2,394

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFanInChiLand View Post
    Y Look at this year, we beat them, go 6-6 and the Pinstripe bowl. They go 7-5 and head to Arizona to play a nationally ranked Oklahoma team who many thought would be in the NC game going into the season% of the time.
    6-6 in the Big 12 is like 7-5 in the Big 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by nhclone
    The only reason Bevins is comong here is because he didn't have an Iowa offer. When Iowa finally did offer, they were just trying to do him a favor because big time programs wait for Iowa to offer a kid so they know he's for real.

    Even in my attempt to troll, I can't make it sound as dumb as the post several people had as their sig.
    Don't sell yourself short.


    Last edited by swarthmoreCY; 12-09-2011 at 02:12 PM.

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 43,807, Level: 64
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    2,294
    Points
    43,807
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 79

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    6-6 in the Big 12 is like 8-4 in the Big 10.
    FIFY



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 261,904, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,173
    Points
    261,904
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 29

    Re: Chris, any news on our Cedar Falls commit?

    Quote Originally Posted by nhclone View Post
    The only reason Bevins is comong here is because he didn't have an Iowa offer. When Iowa finally did offer, they were just trying to do him a favor because big time programs wait for Iowa to offer a kid so they know he's for real.

    Even in my attempt to troll, I can't make it sound as dumb as the post several people had as their sig.
    I get the trolling part, but the first sentence might be legit. If Iowa had offered before ISU he may very well be a Hawk. But they didn't, and he isn't, so speculation is pointless.

    I'm lost.


    Team Rainbo_

    Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 9, 2016
  • 08:00 PM