Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

PACKERS 4-0

Favre sets the all time td record today but most importantly the packers are undefeated. Favre had something like 344 yards and 2 td's. they win 23-16 today. I was dissapointed with the fumble that gave the vikins the ball with under 2 min left but glad bigby got that interception. does anyone else think its hard to distingush bigby and alharris with their hair when there making plays and cant see the name on the back of the jersey. Anyway just glad the packers won and hopefully we can keep it up. GO PACK

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Re: PACKERS 4-0

Huzzah! If only I could say the same about the Chiefs....

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 12

I thought Al Harris just switched jerseys on the sidelines. :o)

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

The NFC North has been tipped on its head.

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

we just need to get the run game going. Be nice if we could draft Darren Mcfadden though

All-Star
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 20

Quote Originally Posted by wheels686 View Post
    we just need to get the run game going. Be nice if we could draft Darren Mcfadden though

There's got to be a decent veteran running back in the league Green Bay could pick up that recognizes the opportunity right now. I really think this team could do something special in the next year or two, if they could just shore up the running game. We'll see.

Addict
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

I'm more amazed that Green Bay is doing this with absolutely no running game.

And keep dreaming about McFadden. I'm guessing he'll be a Falcon.

Starter
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

coming from a vikings fan -

1. Congradualations to Brett Favre, he is amazing and I wish we had a quarterback who could do close to what he can

2. The Packers outplayed the Vikings and should have won the game but, two plays really bothered me. The first one was the play where the packers running back caught the ball, started running upfield before Antoine Winfield jarred the ball loose, the Vikings recovered the fumble but it was called incomplete and when the Vikings tried to challenge it, it was ruled unchalengable, what's up with that. The other play was the last pick where pass interference should have been called, but I guess the refs were just making sure Favre got the win on his special day, just kidding, but I guess I was just frusturated and was wondering if anyone else thought that those two plays were questionable.

3. Can anyone explain why the first play I described was unchallengable. I just don't understand.

4. I was happy with the Vikings effort overall. Kelly Holcomb sucks and missed a lot of open recievers while throwing about 50 should-have-been-interceptions. Our line is not as good as they're supposed to be as Kampman and Kareem killed us. Adrian Peterson is amazing and needs to see the ball more. The Vikings recievers aren't as bad as advertised and have the potential to be good.

5. Once we get t-jack back, we'll start to win some games and hopefully compete for a playoff spot if not this year, maybe next year.

"It's not my fault that an opposing player isn't as strong as me" - Marcus Fizer

All-Star
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 20

Quote Originally Posted by hiwhatis View Post
    coming from a vikings fan -

1. Congradualations to Brett Favre, he is amazing and I wish we had a quarterback who could do close to what he can

2. The Packers outplayed the Vikings and should have won the game but, two plays really bothered me. The first one was the play where the packers running back caught the ball, started running upfield before Antoine Winfield jarred the ball loose, the Vikings recovered the fumble but it was called incomplete and when the Vikings tried to challenge it, it was ruled unchalengable, what's up with that. The other play was the last pick where pass interference should have been called, but I guess the refs were just making sure Favre got the win on his special day, just kidding, but I guess I was just frusturated and was wondering if anyone else thought that those two plays were questionable.

3. Can anyone explain why the first play I described was unchallengable. I just don't understand.

4. I was happy with the Vikings effort overall. Kelly Holcomb sucks and missed a lot of open recievers while throwing about 50 should-have-been-interceptions. Our line is not as good as they're supposed to be as Kampman and Kareem killed us. Adrian Peterson is amazing and needs to see the ball more. The Vikings recievers aren't as bad as advertised and have the potential to be good.

5. Once we get t-jack back, we'll start to win some games and hopefully compete for a playoff spot if not this year, maybe next year.
    I love how, in a Packers related thread, you post this. It starts out trying to relate to Packers, then talks about how the vikings got "screwed", then finishes with how the vikings are a good team. Just kidding, I'm not trying to belittle your post. Haha, but your right, Adrian Peterson definitely needs the ball more. Maybe he should be their QB!

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

I believe you cannot challenge an incomplete pass. You can challenge a catch or a fumble, but if the ruling is incomplete it is not challengable.

AP is a stud. Chester didn't look too bad either, if Holcomb can shake off the cobwebs they'd have a formidable offense.

Packers are on a roll.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    I believe you cannot challenge an incomplete pass. You can challenge a catch or a fumble, but if the ruling is incomplete it is not challengable.
    That's not true. For example, say a receiver catches a ball and is ruled out of bounds for an incomplete pass. They can challenge that if they thought the receiver had both feet in bounds and possession of the ball.

If I'm thinking about the right play in today's Packer game, it was not challengeable because the play was whistled dead. If they were to review it and say yeah that was a fumble, they would have no place to put the ball because the players stopped because of the whistle.

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mwitt View Post
    I'm more amazed that Green Bay is doing this with absolutely no running game.

And keep dreaming about McFadden. I'm guessing he'll be a Falcon.
    I know the chances of landing mcfadden with the packers being really good is very slim unless we trade up to get him. The falcons have warrick dunn, they have alot of issues not sure drafting a running back is the answer for them. But there is alot of good backs that will be in the draft next year like mcfadden, mike hart, the west verginia running back and the rice guy from rutgers. The colts last year got joeseph adai late in the first round and im hoping we can get somebody like that as well

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by wheels686 View Post
    I know the chances of landing mcfadden with the packers being really good is very slim unless we trade up to get him. The falcons have warrick dunn, they have alot of issues not sure drafting a running back is the answer for them. But there is alot of good backs that will be in the draft next year like mcfadden, mike hart, the west verginia running back and the rice guy from rutgers. The colts last year got joeseph adai late in the first round and im hoping we can get somebody like that as well
    Warrick Dunn isn't the same Warrick Dunn he used to be. His career isn't going to last a whole lot longer. I wouldn't be surprised to see McFadden in Atlanta because I could see them having a top 3 pick and McFadden being the best player available. As of right now, it appears that Miami and St. Louis might battle it out with them for the top pick, and neither one of those two teams are in a position to draft a RB that high.

You make a good point about HB depth. It's too bad that they kind of wasted that pick on Brandon Jackson. At least so far.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 27

This Farve record sucks. Now both of Dan's two big records have fallen in the last few years.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775