Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 517
    Given: 147

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 343
    Given: 268

Re: Monday Musings: 12-5 Edition

Looks like Fred needs to up the pace for future games. Our players are better running than trying to set up an offense with no point guard. By the conference opener on 4 Jan, we should be flying around the court to take advantage of our athleticism.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Looks like Fred needs to up the pace for future games. Our players are better running than trying to set up an offense with no point guard. By the conference opener on 4 Jan, we should be flying around the court to take advantage of our athleticism.
    i really don't think that this team is that athletic though. i don't see anyone with the ability to take their defender off the dribble and get into the lane or basket. ISU has a bunch of shooters. They need a Jamal Tinsley type to crack the defense and kick to shooters.

Needless to say, ISU should win the balance of the non-conference games, which gives them 3 losses (same as last year)........which if ISU would have won those close conference games last year, ISU would have had shot at dancing. The season is far for from over, but will have to win 9 games in conference play.

Legend
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 496
    Given: 950

Kind of crappy that fourth ranked ISU has to face the 13th ranked Goofers on their home floor. As many people as possible need to find a way to make it to this match. I'm trying to juggle my schedule to make it.

EDIT Volleyball ^

Last edited by VeloClone; 12-05-2011 at 10:34 AM.
    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    i really don't think that this team is that athletic though. i don't see anyone with the ability to take their defender off the dribble and get into the lane or basket. ISU has a bunch of shooters. They need a Jamal Tinsley type to crack the defense and kick to shooters.

Needless to say, ISU should win the balance of the non-conference games, which gives them 3 losses (same as last year)........which if ISU would have won those close conference games last year, ISU would have had shot at dancing. The season is far for from over, but will have to win 9 games in conference play.
    :facepalm: This team is very athletic. If this team isn't athletic, then what are they? I'm sure we have a few players they can take their defender off the dribble, but it looks like they would rather fire off a crappy three pointer. That's the problem with this team. Dumb shots.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Pro
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,795
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 97

Going into the season I was thinking that our lone non-conference loss would be at Michigan, and instead we have 3 losses already. I think we are going to have to win at least 10-11 games in the conference to make up for losing to Drake and UNI to have any chance of an at-large berth.

As much as some Cyclone fans vocally and enthusiastically hate UNI, it would be good for them to do well in the MVC to make our loss to them look better. Same thing for Drake and Michigan in the Big Ten as well.

"The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"