Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

this sucks

at the beginning of the season of course i would have taken ANY bowl. but i am REALLY disappointed in this. this game could single-handedly ruin our good reputation for being a good traveling fan base.

matchup is less than intriguing no one in the country will give two sh!ts about this game
    game is played in rutgers' back yard
    won't help recruiting (as we rarely recruit anyone out of the NE)
    not much to be gained by beating a big east school
    more to lose by losing to a big east school
    cold weather
    TERRIBLE stadium atmosphere

this really put a damper on my night. big 12 got totally ****ed by the BcS. even though i am broke as ***** i was slightly considering making the trip to a warm place for the winter. not going to expensive, cold NY.

i am glad we are bowling, but this was just such a big disappointment when imagining going to nearly any other bowl. that's what i get for hoping i guess.

end rant. now i can get over it and cheer on my clones.

Last edited by LindenCy; 12-04-2011 at 09:41 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 115

Re: this sucks

This whole day really was my worst case scenario last night when considering the Big XII and ISU. But I think by tomorrow I'll be pumped and looking forward to Rutgers. Remember for a 6-6 team in a season like this, a bowl game is all about player development which is huge for this rising program.

Cy has balls of steel.

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 6

Stop whining. Geesh....what a bunch of wimps. I'm sorry your every need cannot be catered to.

CyBer

Quote Originally Posted by Clone9 View Post
    Stop whining. Geesh....what a bunch of wimps. I'm sorry your every need cannot be catered to.
    Agree, I'm excited to see them play in New York.

All-Star
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 102

Quote Originally Posted by theyork View Post
    at the beginning of the season of course i would have taken ANY bowl. but i am REALLY disappointed in this. this game could single-handedly ruin our good reputation for being a good traveling fan base.

matchup is less than intriguing no one in the country will give two sh!ts about this game
    game is played in rutgers' back yard
    won't help recruiting (as we rarely recruit anyone out of the NE)
    not much to be gained by beating a big east school
    more to lose by losing to a big east school
    cold weather
    TERRIBLE stadium atmosphere

this really put a damper on my night. big 12 got totally f**ked by the BcS. even though i am broke as ***** i was slightly considering making the trip to a warm place for the winter. not going to expensive, cold NY.

i am glad we are bowling, but this was just such a big disappointment when imagining going to nearly any other bowl. that's what i get for hoping i guess.

end rant. now i can get over it and cheer on my clones.
    We need to get over our "historically good" traveling reputation. We don't have one. Do you think any bowl selection committee says "Hey, remember that 2000 Insight.com Bowl, that was one for the ages. Those cyclones really travel well."

I just don't understand what you all expected. Every team you wanted to jump in the pecking order, we lost to!!

This game is on ESPN. It's in New York City. It's going to get publicized. Where the bowl game is played means jack to recruiting in my opinion. It's a digital world. Recruits will see the game if they want to.

Rutger's back yard? What about playing Cal in the Holiday bowl? This is how bowl games work and it's why A&M is playing in the Texas bowl. More $$$$$.

Not much to gain? Tell that to the players.

More whining than logic on here tonight. It's ridiculous.

Starter
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    Agree, I'm excited to see them play in New York.
    I am too call me crazy but I kinda wanted to see them play in NYC the entire time.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 475
    Given: 325

I think people are so ****** off about circumstances, between OSU getting jobbed out of the BCS championship game, K-State getting jobbed out of a BCS game altogether, and the impacts on ISU's bowl position (a lot of us were really wanting Holiday Bowl) that perspective has been lost on this season.

At the beginning of this season most of us thought this team would be fortunate to get to 4 wins, lucky to get to 5 wins, and 6 wins should put CPR in the running for coach of the year. Before the season started, if it was known that ISU would go 6-6 and would be playing in the Pinstripe Bowl, most of us would have said "Yes please."

Give this thing a few more days, perhaps a couple of weeks, to work off the emotions. While most of us think that the Pinstripe Bowl isn't the most ideal bowl to be playing in, when people begin putting this in perspective they'll begin getting pumped about this game. I also think the players are going to have a great time during they're stay, as will any Cyclone fan that goes with an open mind. New York may be colder than some Texas locations (there is certainly no guarantee about that), but there is no shortage of things to do in New York, even on a budget.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 433
    Given: 6

This year, with this schedule, a bowl is a bowl. If you don't like the destination, save your money for next year and hopefully the bowl will meet your specifications.