Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 550
    Given: 426

Virginia Tech = reason computers must be part of BCS

Tonight in the LSU/Georgia game I heard the announcers spout off like idiots that it seems it will be decided by human voters "as it should be"...um no. The computers help the BCS ranking system significantly.

Human voters can be complete idiots when it comes to brands. Take Virginia Tech, they're a good team, but #5? Voters thought the 11-1 record and brand name seemed #5. In reality these voters were idiots.

Computers have VTech's SOS ranked around #60. Computers have ranked VTech in the 20s most of the year exactly where they should be playing an easy ACC schedule. VTech nearly lost to East Carolina, UNC and DUKE!

This fake #5 team had beaten a whole ONE ranked team the entire season and got blown out by the other one. They only played 2 ranked teams all season.

I wish the computer component was a full half, but I'm glad it's at least 1/3. If we ever have a real playoff I hope they keep the system for selecting teams because of the computer element. There are definitely cases where teams need to be exposed by having their brand stripped away and just analyze the quality of their wins. Voters will never do that.

Addict
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 802
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 153

Re: Virginia Tech = reason computers must be part of BCS

The Big East would probably be a better football conference than the ACC had all their teams not bolted.