Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 430

Big 12 = Best conference, now and going forward

The top of the SEC is clearly very very good. But the Big 12 was the best conference this season top to bottom and nobody else was close. One "easy" game out of ten teams. That's solid.

To top it off, we're replacing the two defectors with two ranked teams. The MWC champion who beat Boise State and the Big East champion. I'm not positive but I believe WVU is BCS bound and TCU has a very slim chance. 2012 could see our conference with 3-4 teams coming off of BCS bowls. That doesn't happen often if it's ever happened.

What a year for the Big 12's loyal 8 teams and the two new conference champions joining them next season. Hope it keeps rolling in the bowls.

6 loyal Big 12 teams bowling, 2 defectors bowling, and 2 future Big 12 teams. 8 out of 10, 10 out of 12, however you want to count it.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 65

Re: Big 12 = Best conference, now and going forward

Uh, no.

*** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***

Pro
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 41

Quote Originally Posted by michaelrr1 View Post
    Uh, no.
    Good post

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 39

I am going to predict that next year, the Big 12 won't approach being the best conference in America. I think it will be a down year.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 111

Uh, no.
    Uh, yes.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I'm with HFCS. The B12 has a grand total of 2 teams not bowl eligible. The B12 has two fewer teams than the SEC this year but just as many teams with winning records. The SEC has 1 more bowl eligible teams, but 9 of the 10 teams in the B12 rank higher in Jerry Palm's BCS simulator than 4 teams in the SEC. Shoot, the #9 team in the B12 ranks higher than the #9 team in the SEC, and they have 3 more teams ranked lower than that, meaning 3 more games that are likely easier wins.

The only SEC-B12 game this year was the #3 team in the SEC versus the #7 team in the (again, ten team) B12, a game the #3 SEC team only just barely won after having come from behind.

The B12 is definitely and clearly better than the SEC this year.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    I am going to predict that next year, the Big 12 won't approach being the best conference in America. I think it will be a down year.
    Wow bold prediction there

Legend
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 430

I hope you're right because I think ISU will be better and this schedule is brutal. Hope we keep things rolling and have a slightly easier schedule (not 5 conference road games and #2 SOS in the nation).

Let's get some Tennessee Tech, Indiana, Minnesota and Louisiana Mud Dogs type teams on the schedule. Would be nice to have 4 automatic wins like that.

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 490
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 4

I think next year is ISU's breakout year.. So maybe this is a good thing

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think

Iowa State University Big XII champs 2012 ***official CF PS3 Online Dynasty***

Starter
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Uh, no.
    You are a dumb@$$

Starter
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone711 View Post
    You are a dumb@$$
    Srsly, you are though.

Rookie
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 710
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    I hope you're right because I think ISU will be better and this schedule is brutal. Hope we keep things rolling and have a slightly easier schedule (not 5 conference road games and #2 SOS in the nation).

Let's get some Tennessee Tech, Indiana, Minnesota and Louisiana Mud Dogs type teams on the schedule. Would be nice to have 4 automatic wins like that.
    We can beat Tulsa (home), Western Illinois (the Fightin' Leathernecks), Baylor (w/o RGIII hopefully, at home), Missouri/WV (at home), Texas Tech (at home), Oklahoma (w/o Landry Jones, at home), K-State (at home).

That's every home game, folks. I honestly think we COULD go 7-0 at JTS next year. Now, it's far more likely we'll go 4-3 or 5-2. But, it is NOT a hard home schedule. As for road games, @Iowa is always possible. @Kansas, we will hopefully be favored. @Texas and @OSU, tough games. @TCU, toss-up.

Looking right now, I'd say we should expect to have a chance to win at least 10, if not 11, of our 12 games. The @OSU will likely be very tough but with CPR you never know. If they don't make the title game this year, they will have revenge on their minds.

We are changing the culture of ISU athletics! We CAN win every game next year. I'm thinking maybe 7 wins, but wouldn't be surprised if the floodgates open and we win 9 or 10. It is a definite possibility...craziness.

My first ISU basketball game - Fred Hoiberg was on the court.
    My first ISU football game - Paul Rhoads was on the sidelines.
    But they hadn't yet reached their full potential.

SO PROUD that things have come full circle. #cyclONEnation

Addict
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 216
    Given: 209

This year? Perhaps. Next year? I don't see it. OU and OSU will likely both be down. With Weeden gone and Blackmon likely so, OSU has some big shoes to fill. Broyles is gone at OU, and even if Jones comes back, he's looked downright sh*tty without Broyles there as a safety net.

Baylor loses Kendall Wright, and possibly Griffin. If that happens, Baylor will take a BIG step back next year.

Texas is still in no-man's land, IMO. They need to just go back to the spread and stick with it. They were national title contenders with that offense, and they've pretty much sucked since going away from it.

Mizzou and A&M won't be there.

Don't know all that much about K-State, maybe they'll still be pretty good next year.

And I like what I see out of ISU going forward, but they aren't exactly knocking on the door of being an elite program.

I just don't see it for next year.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Rookie
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 710
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    This year? Perhaps. Next year? I don't see it. OU and OSU will likely both be down. With Weeden gone and Blackmon likely so, OSU has some big shoes to fill. Broyles is gone at OU, and even if Jones comes back, he's looked downright sh*tty without Broyles there as a safety net.

Baylor loses Kendall Wright, and possibly Griffin. If that happens, Baylor will take a BIG step back next year.

Texas is still in no-man's land, IMO. They need to just go back to the spread and stick with it. They were national title contenders with that offense, and they've pretty much sucked since going away from it.

Mizzou and A&M won't be there.

Don't know all that much about K-State, maybe they'll still be pretty good next year.

And I like what I see out of ISU going forward, but they aren't exactly knocking on the door of being an elite program.

I just don't see it for next year.
    The top of the conference will be down. I'd be surprised if ANY of Blackmon, Jones, and Griffin come back. All 3 should be projected 1st round. So, OSU, OU, and Baylor will all take steps back.

Texas, you're right. I see them continuing to improve however. They have a lot of young pieces on offense.

K-State will be solid as long as Snyder is walking. They scare me.

Tech, KU will be messes. Tech loses some key pieces and Tuberville really lost his team down the stretch this year.

WVU will probably be down slightly and the tougher schedule will expose them. TCU will probably make a better transition even though they will be moving up to a tougher league (barely).

I'd say this right now, but it is very early: OU, OSU, Texas, K-State, TCU, ISU, Baylor, WVU, Tech, KU. The top of the league will be soft though and I think teams 1-4 could all win the league. That's why I'm so excited about our schedule for next year - we get a lot of favorable games at home but have a couple of road games (especially KU) that we could get as well.

My first ISU basketball game - Fred Hoiberg was on the court.
    My first ISU football game - Paul Rhoads was on the sidelines.
    But they hadn't yet reached their full potential.

SO PROUD that things have come full circle. #cyclONEnation

Addict
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 216
    Given: 209

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Cy View Post
    The top of the conference will be down. I'd be surprised if ANY of Blackmon, Jones, and Griffin come back. All 3 should be projected 1st round. So, OSU, OU, and Baylor will all take steps back.

Texas, you're right. I see them continuing to improve however. They have a lot of young pieces on offense.

K-State will be solid as long as Snyder is walking. They scare me.

Tech, KU will be messes. Tech loses some key pieces and Tuberville really lost his team down the stretch this year.

WVU will probably be down slightly and the tougher schedule will expose them. TCU will probably make a better transition even though they will be moving up to a tougher league (barely).

I'd say this right now, but it is very early: OU, OSU, Texas, K-State, TCU, ISU, Baylor, WVU, Tech, KU. The top of the league will be soft though and I think teams 1-4 could all win the league. That's why I'm so excited about our schedule for next year - we get a lot of favorable games at home but have a couple of road games (especially KU) that we could get as well.
    Agreed. No great team, but a lot of good ones. But, at least in my opinion, you need to have at least one great team to truly be considered the best conference. That's why I'd say the Big 12 is the best this year, because I like it's depth better than the SEC, and the Big 12 has its great team in OSU.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011