Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: SEC lovefest

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 24,176, Level: 47
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities
    Posts
    1,394
    Points
    24,176
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 50

    SEC lovefest

    Anyone else sick of listening to all these announcers selling the Ala-LSU rematch? Rick Reilly had a great column Thursday selling OSU as just as deserving as Ala. ALA has already lost to LSU, give someone else a chance. I am sure this is one of fifty threads about this but watching the LSU-GA game I am about to puke listening to these guys tell me why we should see a rematch.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 24,176, Level: 47
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities
    Posts
    1,394
    Points
    24,176
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 50

    Re: SEC lovefest


  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 421,427, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,591
    Points
    421,427
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 312

    Re: SEC lovefest

    Yeah, CBS is always way, way over the top with their SEC love... gotta justify that SEC contract.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 558,784, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,489
    Points
    558,784
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 333
    Given: 164

    Re: SEC lovefest

    If it happens this guy will not be watching. Yes, I'm sick of talking heads trying to tell me we need to see a game that was already played this year.




  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 421,427, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,591
    Points
    421,427
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 312

    Re: SEC lovefest

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    If it happens this guy will not be watching. Yes, I'm sick of talking heads trying to tell me we need to see a game that was already played this year.
    Yep. The whole point of the BCS was to tell us who #1 is with the highest degree of accuracy.

    LSU playing alabama either tells us nothing we dont already know, that LSU is better than Alabama, or it confuses things, as they both are essentially tied on the year.
    LSU playing OSU (assuming they beat OU) settles whether they'd beat the best team from the best conference. (or second best according to the voters. the computers say b12 is better last i saw)



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 732,927, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    48,585
    Points
    732,927
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,865
    Given: 881

    Re: SEC lovefest

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Yeah, CBS is always way, way over the top with their SEC love... gotta justify that SEC contract.
    I had to turn the post game off after listening for about 2 minutes. They were literally talking about the Alabama/LSU rematch as if it had already been announced, and throwing it in the face of other teams saying they didn't take care of business.

    Guess what? I'm not watching an LSU/Alabama rematch. That's not just me being irritated. It's because I was bored out of my freaking mind watching the first one. Nothing like two teams going three and out and playing field position the entire game, trying not to lose.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 421,427, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,591
    Points
    421,427
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 312

    Re: SEC lovefest

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I had to turn the post game off after listening for about 2 minutes. They were literally talking about the Alabama/LSU rematch as if it had already been announced, and throwing it in the face of other teams saying they didn't take care of business.

    Guess what? I'm not watching an LSU/Alabama rematch. That's not just me being irritated. It's because I was bored out of my freaking mind watching the first one. Nothing like two teams going three and out and playing field position the entire game, trying not to lose.
    That part particularly irritates me. Its not like theyre both undefeated. Alabama had their chance and they lost to LSU. Nobody other than LSU took care of business completely this year, and OSU has a better body of work than Alabama.

    And i'm with you, i have no desire to watch that rematch game.



  8. #8
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 307,709, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,769
    Points
    307,709
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 661
    Given: 1,505

    Re: SEC lovefest

    I REALLY hope that rematch doesn't happen.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 421,427, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,591
    Points
    421,427
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 312

    Re: SEC lovefest

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    I REALLY hope that rematch doesn't happen.
    Its almost guaranteed, thanks to the human voters.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 77,288, Level: 86
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,062
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bigman38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Posts
    5,482
    Points
    77,288
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 598

    Re: SEC lovefest

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I had to turn the post game off after listening for about 2 minutes. They were literally talking about the Alabama/LSU rematch as if it had already been announced, and throwing it in the face of other teams saying they didn't take care of business.Guess what? I'm not watching an LSU/Alabama rematch. That's not just me being irritated. It's because I was bored out of my freaking mind watching the first one. Nothing like two teams going three and out and playing field position the entire game, trying not to lose.
    That part particularly irritates me. Its not like theyre both undefeated. Alabama had their chance and they lost to LSU. Nobody other than LSU took care of business completely this year, and OSU has a better body of work than Alabama. And i'm with you, i have no desire to watch that rematch game.
    There has to be very little national interest, personally I'm hoping for the TV ratings to be terrible so they won't let this ever happen again.



  11. #11
    KFitzy87
    Guest

    Re: SEC lovefest

    Basically if LSU and Bama play again, and LSU wins a second time... People will always wonder if any other team would have beat them



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 17,705, Level: 40
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    676
    Points
    17,705
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 6

    Re: SEC lovefest

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Its almost guaranteed, thanks to the human voters.
    The computers have Alabama #2 also (although that could change if OSU beast OU tonight).



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 421,427, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,591
    Points
    421,427
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 312

    Re: SEC lovefest

    Quote Originally Posted by JD720 View Post
    The computers have Alabama #2 also (although that could change if OSU beast OU tonight).
    Yeah, those ratings are very close.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 316,491, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    14,874
    Points
    316,491
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 306
    Given: 56

    Re: SEC lovefest

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Yeah, those ratings are very close.
    OSU needs to **** house OU for it to change.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 107,349, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    awd4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,630
    Points
    107,349
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 876
    Given: 589

    Re: SEC lovefest

    If OSU beats OU and does not get in the championship game it would be an outrage. Alabama had their chance to beat LSU, OSU has not.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • BASKETBALL: Iowa State vs. Alabama
  • November 24, 2014
  • 08:30 PM