Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Thoughts from a KSU fan

Hi guys. Been trolling your board for a few days thought Id drop in and comment ona few things Ive read here.
    First off congrats on your season you guys like us exceeded expectation and your win over OSU was awesome to watch.
    I read that some of you have been to the Goemaw site and were not real happy with what you read there. As has been discussed there are a lot of "over zealous" fans there. I read the board but ignore about 95% of it. The scout board is better but of course you get your number of DB's there too.
    I think the game saturday will be close as have most of the Cats games this year. I think your defense is pretty good. As good as Texas though? no..It will probably be a lower scoring game somewhere in the mid to upper 20's and the turnover margin and field position will be very important. K-state has had I thinkn three penalties in total in the last two games. The team is very fundementally sound. Our defense is better at the rush than th epass yes but when you play temas like OSU, OU, and TTU, BU your stats will be skewed that way. When we play teams of slightly lesser "quality" we do quite well against the pass (See Miami, and UT game) and usually generate at least two turnovers in interceptions. With the excpetion of OU and KU we seem to play to our opponents level in that we keep the game close and win in the end through sheer determination and in some cases conditioning. Stats mean nothing when looking at KSU and ISU. KSU has been an underdog in EVERY game they played this year cept KU ISU and our Non Con guys.
    What i think we have in an edge are pretty easy to see. 2 weeks to prepare with a rested Klein and team. Home field advantage, senior day, a shot at a co-big twleve championship (yes we would share the title even though both OU and osu have beat us, do we like that? not really but we'd get the trophy for the case adn I doubt that any ISU fan would turn that down) and even slight chance still of a BCS game on the line. Our guys will be ready to play.
    I do not know a single KSU fan that has ANY ill feelings towards ISU. Not one. In fact we generally love ISU in that there are so many similarities between our two programs an universities. Heres to a good game. Come to Manhattan if you can youll find the majority of fans welcome you here. Im not promising you athat yuou wont meet a DB either but the majority of us are glad you are here.

All-Star
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Thoughts from a KSU fan

Quote Originally Posted by jabba11 View Post
    Hi guys. Been trolling your board for a few days thought Id drop in and comment ona few things Ive read here.
    First off congrats on your season you guys like us exceeded expectation and your win over OSU was awesome to watch.
    I read that some of you have been to the Goemaw site and were not real happy with what you read there. As has been discussed there are a lot of "over zealous" fans there. I read the board but ignore about 95% of it. The scout board is better but of course you get your number of DB's there too.
    I think the game saturday will be close as have most of the Cats games this year. I think your defense is pretty good. As good as Texas though? no..It will probably be a lower scoring game somewhere in the mid to upper 20's and the turnover margin and field position will be very important. K-state has had I thinkn three penalties in total in the last two games. The team is very fundementally sound. Our defense is better at the rush than th epass yes but when you play temas like OSU, OU, and TTU, BU your stats will be skewed that way. When we play teams of slightly lesser "quality" we do quite well against the pass (See Miami, and UT game) and usually generate at least two turnovers in interceptions. With the excpetion of OU and KU we seem to play to our opponents level in that we keep the game close and win in the end through sheer determination and in some cases conditioning. Stats mean nothing when looking at KSU and ISU. KSU has been an underdog in EVERY game they played this year cept KU ISU and our Non Con guys.
    What i think we have in an edge are pretty easy to see. 2 weeks to prepare with a rested Klein and team. Home field advantage, senior day, a shot at a co-big twleve championship (yes we would share the title even though both OU and osu have beat us, do we like that? not really but we'd get the trophy for the case adn I doubt that any ISU fan would turn that down) and even slight chance still of a BCS game on the line. Our guys will be ready to play.
    I do not know a single KSU fan that has ANY ill feelings towards ISU. Not one. In fact we generally love ISU in that there are so many similarities between our two programs an universities. Heres to a good game. Come to Manhattan if you can youll find the majority of fans welcome you here. Im not promising you athat yuou wont meet a DB either but the majority of us are glad you are here.
    Wrong term man. See Mizzoulander, QBUMizzou, and wsrgohawks for the correct definition of trolling. Nice first post though. Was far from trolling. Can't wait for Saturday.

***Undefeated COD Clone Wars Champion***
    ***OP of the Largest Thread on CF***

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 418
    Given: 212

Looking forward to a good game on Saturday. I've loved watching Colin Klein play all year, what a tough kid. I think it will be a defensive battle, as our D has played great the last 4 games and I expect KSU's defense to hold our offense down.

Legend
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 831

Welcome aboard. Also, this is your friend:

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

All-Star
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 871
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 4

Welcome aboard, congrats on the season, your team has been very impressive.

The game Saturday should be a good one and I am looking forward to it.

What are most Cats fans predicting for an outcome? A lot of us think we have a better chance in this game than most would think. In all reality, I see us losing by a TD, but in a tough low scoring game, wouldn't be at all surprised to see us pull something out again.

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 8

Wow thats hard to read. More spaces and work on spellern.

I agree I think KSU will be ready to play and they have demonstrated that they play more disciplined ball that ISU has most of the year.

For ISU to win we have to stop/contain Klein and make him beat us with his arm. Also need to play a clean game with few Turnovers and Penalties.

IF we can do that I like our chances.

Edit: Welcome to the site and congrats on a great season (even though I hope we rain on it Saturday)

“It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

Legend
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsKO_r76kfQ]Barney - I Love You - YouTube[/ame]

Team Rainbo_

Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

All-Star
    Thumbs Up

Should be a good game. Two hardnosed teams with a defense based mentality.

For a welcome gift we will be giving you molander and qbumizz to take to your message boards. Enjoy these twos' comments from their folk's basements.

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 38

**** K-State and all you're ****** bag fans

I smell suicidal uncles....

Legend
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 354
    Given: 223

I wish I was going to be able to watch this game. The two Farmaggedon in KC were both close and if we can get one on you this year I think we'll have a bit of a budding rivalry on our hands. Both teams seem to thrive on keeping things close and willing their way to victory, so it will be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Starter
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

I've always respected KSt and admired what Sndyer was able to build. I always use them as an example as to what Iowa State could be if Rhoads stays for 15 plus years. I spent 4 days in Manhattan at a HS baseball tourney this past summer and saw so many similarities between that community and Ames.

Hope we can stop Klein and get the win.

Starter
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 406
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

Here's to Matt Taufo'ou meeting Colin Klein early in the game ... followed by Knott, then Lattimer. Then finally AJ will have a one-way discussion with Colin about their family trees.

Legend
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 831

What the **** does EMAW mean?

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 34

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    What the **** does EMAW mean?
    Every Man A Wildcat

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

Starter
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 632
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 28

I appreciate your post, Jabba11, and I have been cheering for the forgotten 5 this year. Hope it's a good game.