Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 16,986, Level: 39
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dtlantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    557
    Points
    16,986
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 22

    KC Living/Gamewatch

    Moving to KC this weekend and am trying to line up some apartments to view. Does anyone have any recommendations for leasing companies? Right now, I am looking at three places through KC Loft Central on Saturday morning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Also, where should I drag the girlfriend to watch the football game on Saturday?

    Thanks guys!



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 132,078, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    joefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    6,446
    Points
    132,078
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 109

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    If you are renting, live close to a fun area. Plaza is great. You can rent a whole home at a reasonable rate. River market has some good spots, as well as the Crossroads area.

    Gamewatch: Kelly's in Westport is a no-brainer, but I have also done the Other Place in Overland Park. Good amount of Cyclones in KC.


    "Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 78,729, Level: 87
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,421
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SC Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,306
    Points
    78,729
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 71

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    Just moved into the Stuart Hall Lofts and absolutely love it! We went through KC Loft Central as well.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 19,822, Level: 42
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    greatshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    1,701
    Points
    19,822
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 8

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    OP and Kelly's are def good place to watch the game. Where are you going to be working/schooling? That could be a major factor on where you want to live. Welcome to KC!



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 16,986, Level: 39
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dtlantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    557
    Points
    16,986
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 22

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    Quote Originally Posted by greatshu View Post
    OP and Kelly's are def good place to watch the game. Where are you going to be working/schooling? That could be a major factor on where you want to live. Welcome to KC!
    Office is at Wyandotte and 12th downtown but I will be traveling quite a bit. I know next to nothing about KC but since I'm young (26) I am thinking Plaza/downtown are the places to be.



  6. #6
    Recruit
    Points: 6,414, Level: 23
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    cyclone456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Posts
    97
    Points
    6,414
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    Loved living in KC, got a friend that lives downtown close to Power and Light and he loves it. I lived in Overland Park and Olathe not as fun but nice



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 19,457, Level: 42
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    kcclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,702
    Points
    19,457
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    lived in Soho West lofts...great location



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 16,986, Level: 39
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dtlantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    557
    Points
    16,986
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 22

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    Alright. Sounds like I'll be sticking with KC Loft Central and head to Kelly's on Saturday. Thanks guys!



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 19,841, Level: 42
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    flander1649's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,575
    Points
    19,841
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 6

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    There is no scheduled alumni game watch this weekend since the alumni group is taking a bus trip to the game but Kelly's would be a good bet to watch the game at.


    Kyle S. Flander

  10. #10
    Recruit
    Points: 3,302, Level: 16
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    88
    Points
    3,302
    Level
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    Quote Originally Posted by joefrog View Post
    If you are renting, live close to a fun area. Plaza is great. You can rent a whole home at a reasonable rate. River market has some good spots, as well as the Crossroads area.

    Gamewatch: Kelly's in Westport is a no-brainer, but I have also done the Other Place in Overland Park. Good amount of Cyclones in KC.
    If by no brainer you mean stay away. The place sucks, IMO and is a bad place to watch a game. The only reason it is consider an Iowa State Bar is because a big group of people watched basketball games there, but not anymore.

    The Other Place is decent, but it is a Hawk bar.

    I personally watch my games at the Brooksider, there is usually a fair amount of Clone fans but I am assuming it will have a good amount of KSU fans this weekend. I watched the OU game at the New Johnny's on 95th and Antioch. TV's are everywhere, but not all Johnny's are this good.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 390,107, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    56,808
    Points
    390,107
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 277
    Given: 241

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone456 View Post
    Loved living in KC, got a friend that lives downtown close to Power and Light and he loves it. I lived in Overland Park and Olathe not as fun but nice
    Sounds like Power and Light would be the best as it is closer towards the airport.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 95,063, Level: 96
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,987
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,185
    Points
    95,063
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    I lived in Quality Hill and loved it. You could walk to work. Lots of different floor plans and buildings. Close but not too close to Power and Light. Has a YMCA in the heart of the properties.

    I would also browse the private adds. Lots of loft and condo owners renting right now for cheap because the market is not there to sell. Being young (and assumed single) I see no reason to look anywhere outside of the Downtown/Crossroads/Plaza area.

    Kellys and Brooksider are both good. OP is a great place to watch a Hawkeye game if you are into that.

    Be sure to join the KC ISU Alumni Club. It's a very active group. Bus trip to Manhattan this weekend.



  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 16,986, Level: 39
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dtlantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    557
    Points
    16,986
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 22

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Enginerd View Post
    I lived in Quality Hill and loved it. You could walk to work. Lots of different floor plans and buildings. Close but not too close to Power and Light. Has a YMCA in the heart of the properties.

    I would also browse the private adds. Lots of loft and condo owners renting right now for cheap because the market is not there to sell. Being young (and assumed single) I see no reason to look anywhere outside of the Downtown/Crossroads/Plaza area.

    Kellys and Brooksider are both good. OP is a great place to watch a Hawkeye game if you are into that.

    Be sure to join the KC ISU Alumni Club. It's a very active group. Bus trip to Manhattan this weekend.
    Is Quality Hill in the western part of downtown? I'm planning on renting for a year and then probably looking to buy a house.

    It looks like I'll be going to Kelly's this weekend and will be joining the Alumni Club ASAP. The DC Alumni Club is not that great.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 95,063, Level: 96
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,987
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,185
    Points
    95,063
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    Quote Originally Posted by dtlantz View Post
    Is Quality Hill in the western part of downtown? I'm planning on renting for a year and then probably looking to buy a house.
    Yes. Quality Hill is a series of properties (apartments, condos, townhomes) in and around 11th and Broadway that are both for rent and for sale. They just remodeled a bunch of condos and townhomes a few years ago and put them up for sale. They were well done. If you could rent one of those from a private owner I would highly recommend it. Otherwise, the rentals have all kinds of different buildings and floor plans.

    Rentals:

    Kansas City Apartments - Quality Hill Apartments and Condominiums

    Condos for sale (maybe they assist owners with rentals):

    Quality Hill Condominums | Downtown Kansas City's Historical Neighborhood | 816.472.HOME



  15. #15
    Walk On
    Points: 12,072, Level: 33
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    207
    Points
    12,072
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: KC Living/Gamewatch

    Quote Originally Posted by dtlantz View Post
    Moving to KC this weekend and am trying to line up some apartments to view. Does anyone have any recommendations for leasing companies? Right now, I am looking at three places through KC Loft Central on Saturday morning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Also, where should I drag the girlfriend to watch the football game on Saturday?

    Thanks guys!

    if you want to come out to the south to watch the game there will be a group of us at the TAnners Sports bar at 119th and US 69 hgwy. Real easy to get to.
    I wont besmirch the others but like many have said, Kellys was from the old days and not quite the same nor is Westport. Other place is too many hoks.
    Brooksider is good as they have remodeled and have almost as many TVs as Tanners.
    Good food and good view usually.
    Welcome to KC!


    Making a difference everyday!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM