Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Offense Next Year

I know we still have a lot of football to play this year but how fun will this offense be to watch next year with all the talent returning. I mean we have some dynamic skill people coming back with some good o-linemen in the wings i know KO and Hicks will be missed but get the extra workouts this year for Barnett and the WRs plus the 2 QBs they have redshirted this year are suppose to really be good. Then add the RB from St Louis in the Mix All i can say is WOW on the talent that Paul Rhoads has recruited. WE WILL BEAT KSU 34-21 GO CLONES!!

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 49

Re: Offense Next Year

Blah, here we go again. I swear I have read this exact same thing for the last few years only to have the season start and see a team that struggles to score 24 per game. Also, we will all panic about what we are losing on defense yet Wally will put a unit on the field that is a pleasant surprise.

Tom Herman hasn't shown me much of anything in 3 years now, and I am going to remain a firm skeptic of his offense until they actually do something on a Saturday afternoon.

Pro
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 41

Im not so concerned with next years offense as I am with 2013 when the majority of this years kids are juniors and seniors and really should put it together.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

Legend
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 939

I think the offense could improve next year. However, it will take the following:

Improved consistency in the passing game. JB will learn a lot during bowl prep and in spring/fall practices. He will also be pushed by Jantz and Richardson, so I expect improvement.

The WRs really need to step up. When healthy, Lenz has been our most consistent WR. He will not doubt be the leader of the WR group next year. Gary has really stepped it up and if he remains on the team and keep his head on straight, should contribute a lot in 2012. West has shown flashes and should only improve on route running and catching the football. We all have seen that he has that burst a lot of our WRs lack. Horne should be a good role player and a veteran presense as well. Throw in newcomers Bundrage, JQ Daniels, Ecby, Lampkn, possibly Nealy, not to mention 2012 commits, and we have a lot of opportunity for improvment. If anything, we will have more raw talent to work with and the competition for PT should breed improvment overall.

The OL should be pretty good next year. They will probably miss KO and Hicks early on, but should gel during conference play.

RB could be good to great depending on the status of Shontrelle. With SJ back, those guys will be scratching and clawing to get on the field. So much so that Duck might end up going to safety. White, SJ, Woody, Duck, Standard, and Nealy could all get snaps next year. This position is a far cry from A-Rob and ... no one else a few years ago.

The offense has shown flashes that it hasn't for the past few years. A returning starter, or someone good enough to beat out our returning starter will be a big help.

Legend
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 213

Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    Blah, here we go again. I swear I have read this exact same thing for the last few years only to have the season start and see a team that struggles to score 24 per game. Also, we will all panic about what we are losing on defense yet Wally will put a unit on the field that is a pleasant surprise.

Tom Herman hasn't shown me much of anything in 3 years now, and I am going to remain a firm skeptic of his offense until they actually do something on a Saturday afternoon.
    I agree with this to an extent. However, it seems like towards the end of this year a lot of the plays and little things that drove you crazy about this offense have actually started to work.

Legend
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 284

The one major concern I have is that every year under CPR, the offensive line has lost three starters, then struggled over the first few games as the unit builds cohesion. Guess what? They lose two starters again!

Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 100

Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post

Yep, its definitely time to put up for Herman. Our defense is doing what it needs to do to compete in the big 12. The offense needs to get to a similar level.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 836
    Given: 52

some stats.

2010 2011(thru 11 games)

Total offense 3809 4346
    Total scoring 260 259
    Yards per play 4.6 5.0
    First Downs 220 230
    Sacks allowed 33 22

Defense

Points allowed 346 325
    Yards allowed 4899 4829
    Yds per play 5.5 5.7

Statistically, Herman and the offense have made bigger strides than the defense from last year to this one. If you're looking for improvement, he's making it.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,096
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89

There's a Jantz someone Steeles the QB job from Barnett. Could be Richardson though.

This QB battle is going to be 100x better than last years. Last year Tiller and Barnett knew the offense the best, but Jantz was the most talented and physically might be your dream QB(arm strength, height, weight, mobility, ect)... where as Tillers edge was having experience.

Now we have Barnett and Jantz(should by next season) who both know the system well, plus Richardson who will also be in the same boat as Barnett this year after redshirting.

Don't get me wrong, I love that Barnett's helped us win three of the last four, and would feel 100 times better about him starting next year than I would have if Tiller started this year... but I think Jantz is our best bet for next year, and Richardson is our best bet for QB of the future.

Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

Addict
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 12

We had 3 straight games with over 500 yards for the first time in school history. We also went 3-0 and two of those teams were ranked. Herman called a great game in all 3 of those games. Even against Kansas we played well on offense, just had 3 bad turnovers and took a knee at the end.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,464
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Us making a bowl is huge for Sam Richardson's future. It will get him tons of more reps which could be huge for him to push for a starting job next year against Steele and JB.

Addict
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 12

it really appears to me that we have a whole team full of Big 12 players. It will just take time for them to gel. Bowl practices + spring ball + summer + fall camp will be enough time. things are looking pretty good. hopefully we only have 9 big 12 teams next year.