11-28 Bowl Projection Blog
    Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,277
    Given: 330

Pro
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,250
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 486
    Given: 478

Re: 11-28 Bowl Projection Blog

Hoping for Dallas. Favorable match-up with B10. Good recruiting area. Chance for our Texas players to play in front of friends and families. But the most important reason - it is the easiest drive!

CyBer

Who do you think we play if it's a big 10 team?

Starter
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 12

I am hoping for either Holiday or Kraft bowl. I guess because I moved out to California right before the season and I didn't get to go to a single game for the first time in 6 years is why I am biased.

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,617
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 45

The main problem is just the stupid Big 12 bowl agreement with the Pinstripe. What a stupid bowl game for our conference, and we have no bowl tie for a Florida site. How the conference decided to let the Gator and Independence go for this Pinstripe game is beyond dumb. $$$$

I would rather go to Shreveport a third time than to navigate NYC. Hell, will be lucky to even run into another ISU fan except for the planned rallies since it will be a small turnout and we will be scattered all over. One of the best things about going to bowl game is watching ISU take over the town. Won't happen with Pinstripe. Plz don't send us there.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,203
    Given: 3,796

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    The main problem is just the stupid Big 12 bowl agreement with the Pinstripe. What a stupid bowl game for our conference, and we have no bowl tie for a Florida site. How the conference decided to let the Gator and Independence go for this Pinstripe game is beyond dumb. $$$$

I would rather go to Shreveport a third time than to navigate NYC. Hell, will be lucky to even run into another ISU fan except for the planned rallies since it will be a small turnout and we will be scattered all over. One of the best things about going to bowl game is watching ISU take over the town. Won't happen with Pinstripe. Plz don't send us there.
    If you went to Times Square for NYE (and why the hell wouldn't you?), I guarantee you would see other Cyclone fans.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 97

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post

remember last years pinstripe bowl, below is a reminder

Crew Shoveling Out Yankee Stadium For Pinstripe Bowl « CBS New York

"The teams have been shuttled all over the New York City area this week, trying to squeeze in practice wherever they can. The Wildcats worked out in a hotel ballroom on Sunday, when the snow and wind was crippling the city. Both teams practiced at the New York Giants’ indoor facility in East Rutherford, N.J., on Monday and the New York Jets’ training facility in Florham Park, N.Y., on Tuesday.
    Kansas State was fortunate just to arrive on Sunday. Its charter landed shortly before the storm swept through with a vengeance, one of the last flights into the city before the three major airports shut down. Syracuse also made it from its campus in upstate New York, only slightly behind schedule, despite conditions that made driving nearly unbearable.
    “It was a blizzard when we were coming down, and I think we circled a couple times before we landed,” Kansas State quarterback Carson Coffman said. “It was a little scary looking out the window and seeing all white. I’m glad we made it down safely.”

Starter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Good analysis. I'm not sure about this part though:

"It’s common knowledge that the Wildcat Nation travels as well as any fan base in the country. Kansas State would be a VERY attractive program for a BCS bowl no?"
    Didn't the BCS adopt the "Kansas State Rule" in 2000 BECAUSE KSU kept getting passed over for BCS bowls. Ohio St. and Florida jumped K-State in 1999, when they were ranked 3rd, and Michigian did in 2000, when they were ranked 6th.

Their fan base hasn't changed that much over the past 10 years. I don't see why they wouldn't get left out again in favor of Michigan, Stanford, etc.

Rookie
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    If you went to Times Square for NYE (and why the hell wouldn't you?), I guarantee you would see other Cyclone fans.
    Not everyone enjoys huge crowds. Times Square is one of the last places I would like to be on NYE.

Rookie
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 38

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    Because you have to stand for 16 hours to see it?

I was just in NYC last weekend and some guy recognized my jacket and we had a five minute conversation about how our wrestling team got beat down by ODU. Good times.

Addict
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,051
    Given: 11

For the good of the program I am hoping for the Holiday Bowl. As a jealous fan who could make it to Dallas but probably not to San Diego, I am hoping for the TicketCity Bowl.

Addict
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 913
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 271
    Given: 43

I have a gut feeling if we finish 7-5, we will somehow land in the Holiday Bowl. Otherwise i feel like we will go to the Ticket City bowl. Both would be great bowls imo. I feel like if we went 6-6, the turnout in San Diego wouldn't be as big as it should be.

As for the Holiday bowl selection decision, a 7-5 ISU team coming off of 2 big wins would be a great decision. An excited fanbase that has never really been out to SD.

If we lose, we SHOULD go to the Ticket city bowl. We don't really deserve a holiday bowl bid. Besides, a 6-6 ISU team would travel pretty darn well for a Jan. 2nd bowl game in Dallas, Texas.

Both are very exciting locations that ISU fans would travel very well to-- provided the scenarios above play out.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzoulander View Post
    Good analysis. I'm not sure about this part though:
    "It’s common knowledge that the Wildcat Nation travels as well as any fan base in the country. Kansas State would be a VERY attractive program for a BCS bowl no?"
    Didn't the BCS adopt the "Kansas State Rule" in 2000 BECAUSE KSU kept getting passed over for BCS bowls. Ohio St. and Florida jumped K-State in 1999, when they were ranked 3rd, and Michigian did in 2000, when they were ranked 6th.

Their fan base hasn't changed that much over the past 10 years. I don't see why they wouldn't get left out again in favor of Michigan, Stanford, etc.
    Unforunately, this is true, KSU will probably just get jumped