Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Balance

We have a lot of shooters... which is great. We're nearly impossible to defend if we shoot it like we did last night. The only concern I have is that Royce seems to be left out of the offense a little bit... especially the last few games. Booker too.

He took five shots last night. We throw it in to him to start the offense and he usually passes out and we look for open threes. He's such a great passer, but he needs to be a bigger part of the offense.

I remember Fred saying he's almost too unselfish. Whatever it is, he needs more than five shots, and we need better balance on offense. We still haven't seen what this team is capable of when everything is clicking.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,060
    Given: 558

Re: Balance

I think Royce is trying to be the glue type player that does the little things needed to win. I would assume that he will assert himself in scoring more when he needs to, but I agree that I would like to see a certain amount of shots just to keep him in the offensive flow.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 0

I think if you asked him yesterday he got frustrated. you could tell he was pretty hummed with some of the shots he missed. it is his first year and he will have some games like that.

Addict
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,236
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 38

I'm ok with his lower scoring numbers the last couple of games. He is getting a lot of assists and has really seemed to improve his rebounding and defensive intensity.

The choice that teams will have to make, is double Royce, which will very often leave a good shooter open, or defend RW with one.

I'm guessing if he doesn't get doubled, you'll see his scoring go up north of 15 ppg again.

Addict
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 116

Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    I'm ok with his lower scoring numbers the last couple of games. He is getting a lot of assists and has really seemed to improve his rebounding and defensive intensity.

The choice that teams will have to make, is double Royce, which will very often leave a good shooter open, or defend RW with one.

I'm guessing if he doesn't get doubled, you'll see his scoring go up north of 15 ppg again.
    +1

game-to-game, we shouldn't get too caught up in his stat line. From the sounds of it, Rice made the decision to stop Royce, and die by the three. Royce did his part, by attracting defenders, passing out, and rebounding.

If a team choses play tough on the perimeter, he should open up. If they chose to double him, our guards should score.

At the end of the year, I expect him to have an 11 & 8 avg. - but the points won't be consistent.

Addict
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 14

If he establishes himself more inside, we open up our outside game even more, especially against the good defensive teams. He'll draw double teams, but if he doesn't take it to the hoop much, he won't draw double teams in the future because teams will know he's way more apt to pass it out than take it to the hoop. They will start defending the perimeter more in that case. So he needs to take more shots IMO (if that means scoring 10 points/game on 7 or 8 high pct shots, so be it). We could be very dangerous if he shows he's a legitimate scoring threat inside.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 74

He forced the shots he did take. He wasnt getting open or good looks. There was a reason why guys were open to take the 3 last night.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne