Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 26,599, Level: 50
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 951
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,072
    Points
    26,599
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 27

    Brewster Talks Clones

    Last minute run to Target tonight for diapers (eventually I'll get that kid to give me a heads-up when she's down to her last few) and I found myself listening to Rob Dibble (who knew he even had a radio show?) and Tim Brewster came on to talk ISU - OU. Given his history, I was prepared for him to rip on ISU but he in fact had some pretty nice things to say. He said he spoke with Pollard today and told him that his coaching staff got more out of their talent than anybody in the country. He doesn't think we'll pull it out, but he thought we could stay in it into the 4th and you never know what could happen.



  2. #2
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    thats great to hear. it seems to me that the cyclone football program is slowly turning everybody's idea of how they play around. CPR is the man, and so is everybody involved!



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 206,459, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,400
    Points
    206,459
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,070
    Given: 782

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    Quote Originally Posted by sunset View Post
    Last minute run to Target tonight for diapers (eventually I'll get that kid to give me a heads-up when she's down to her last few) and I found myself listening to Rob Dibble (who knew he even had a radio show?) and Tim Brewster came on to talk ISU - OU. Given his history, I was prepared for him to rip on ISU but he in fact had some pretty nice things to say. He said he spoke with Pollard today and told him that his coaching staff got more out of their talent than anybody in the country. He doesn't think we'll pull it out, but he thought we could stay in it into the 4th and you never know what could happen.
    I like the compliment, but the bolded statement makes me cringe. I feel like people still see Iowa State as a sort of wasteland devoid of BCS-level talent in the Big 12. It used to be us and Baylor, but now with RGIII and Kendall Wright I think Baylor has shaken that label. We still have a ways to go



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 13,541, Level: 35
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    asmosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    521
    Points
    13,541
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 34

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    Well, considering Tim Brewster doesn't know jack about coaching football, I'm not sure I'd take comfort in his comments. He turned the Gopher football program from middle-of-the-road to one of the worst in the country in just over 3 years.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 216,092, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,198
    Points
    216,092
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 0

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    I shivered when I heard him speak when I saw a replay of the Texas game. His Texas love was unbearable.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 36,075, Level: 58
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Rods79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,527
    Points
    36,075
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 8

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    Brewster seemed to have it out for us when we played Texas...that FX broadcast was horrible because of him. He is obviously still angry that we kicked his *** and cost him his job in the Insight Bowl.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 70,826, Level: 82
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 624
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Rogue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,277
    Points
    70,826
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 256
    Given: 8

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    Tim Brewster as a sideline reporter has been a bit disturbing. I think the idea of a person with coaching experience in that position is a cool idea, but Brewster has turned it into more of a show for himself.

    Luckily, we have Fox to try different things out. I'm interested to see Fox's work on the two new conference championship games.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 97,770, Level: 97
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,280
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    gogagig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,854
    Points
    97,770
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 956
    Given: 373

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    I like the compliment, but the bolded statement makes me cringe. I feel like people still see Iowa State as a sort of wasteland devoid of BCS-level talent in the Big 12. It used to be us and Baylor, but now with RGIII and Kendall Wright I think Baylor has shaken that label. We still have a ways to go
    I don't think one or two guys can shake off that label. RGIII and Wendell are great, no doubt.

    But we've had our Seneca's and Troy Davis'. I think both Baylor and ISU have some work to do as far as that label is concerned.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 110,004, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8,266
    Points
    110,004
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,122
    Given: 226

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    Quote Originally Posted by asmosis View Post
    Well, considering Tim Brewster doesn't know jack about coaching football, I'm not sure I'd take comfort in his comments. He turned the Gopher football program from middle-of-the-road to one of the worst in the country in just over 3 years.
    Just because he didn't make a good HC, doesn't automatically mean that he "doesn't know jack about football". That is just a dumb statement. There are many very good position coaches and coordinators that are as knowledgeable about the game as anyone, but don't work out as head coaches, especially at crappy programs like Minnesota.



  10. #10
    Walk On
    Points: 7,163, Level: 25
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    176
    Points
    7,163
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 49

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    I also think Brewsters love affair has something to do with his son playing for UT........Sorry no link since I have no idea how to hyperlink using an iPad.....he wears #7 though.....



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 38,957, Level: 60
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    burn587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,701
    Points
    38,957
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 131

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachKM View Post
    I also think Brewsters love affair has something to do with his son playing for UT........Sorry no link since I have no idea how to hyperlink using an iPad.....he wears #7 though.....
    IIRC, he also coached under Mack at UNC and possibly Texas too.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 229,394, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    30,281
    Points
    229,394
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,265
    Given: 125

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    Just because he didn't make a good HC, doesn't automatically mean that he "doesn't know jack about football". That is just a dumb statement. There are many very good position coaches and coordinators that are as knowledgeable about the game as anyone, but don't work out as head coaches, especially at crappy programs like Minnesota.
    He said that Brewster did not know jack about coaching football. We can all agree on that. Brewster helped turn Minnesota into a crappy program.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 33,519, Level: 56
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 731
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bpmcclain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,203
    Points
    33,519
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 14

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    He said that Brewster did not know jack about coaching football. We can all agree on that. Brewster helped turn Minnesota into a crappy program.
    Minnesota will take a long time to recover from one of the worst decisions they could have made by firing Glen Mason



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 30,666, Level: 53
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CloneLawman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,178
    Points
    30,666
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 31

    Re: Brewster Talks Clones

    .......


    Last edited by CloneLawman; 11-26-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM