Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 3

We go 2-0 to finish up....

Okay - here was my prediction of the OSU game - remembered!!!!

Here's my thoughts....
    OSU - excellent offensive team - as bad if not worse then ISU defensively....statistically and facts are facts...they've only held 1 opponent all season below 24 points. I know i know - i dont need any brain surgeons to tell me thats because they score so much. However, the easiest way to beat a great offense is keep the ball away from the opposition. ISU has two weeks to prepare, and they will watch what KSU did to keep the game close and gave themselves a chance to win there. Plus, the weather will be a factor for their passing offense....guys not used to playin in the cold!!!! Alls it will take is one crossing the middle haymaker from Mr. Washington or Givens and Blackmon will rethink the crossing pattern which is their bread and butter. Not to mention we're sandwiched between TTech and Oklahoma, this team could easily be looking past lowly isu...Mr. Barnett needs to have an efficient game passing but more importantly in the rushing game. Limit mistakes, penalties, and execute. What has impressed me the most since Barnett has become the starter has been the 3rd down execution, far superior to Steele. To me, for a team like ISU, thats how you win ballgames!!!! Sustain drives, keep defense fresh. If we go 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out, we may be out of our game by the end of the first quarter....if we keep their offense on the sideline and have long sustained drives...the pressure mounts...ask Texas Tech...
    ISU 38 Okie State 24

OKay now onto Oklahoma.....

Forgive me for sounding idiotic, but, i truly believe this team has a chance to beat them in Norman. Which by the way, why do we play them in back to back years in norman? Nevermind...

Anyhow, i firmly believe that OU has been exposed for who they are....A physical bunch up front that likes to shut down the run and is predicated upon turnovers. They're motto is that our pass rush will force turnovers. Well in my opinion, our offensive line completely controlled OSU for the majority of the game. Yes barnett was pressured from time to time...but when you drop back 58 times, thats bound to happen. This line is a force right now and OU's best defender on the line will be lined up across from arguably the best OL in the big twelve right now in KO....We keep Alexander in front of KO and slow him down, our day gets easier.

How do we win...

Easy - PASS PASS PASS....right now our offense is clicking at exactly what causes Oklahoma fits....short passes and ball control. If we do not turn the ball over early, this defense seems to rock back on their heels and loses confidence. Do you realize that OU is actually ranked below ISU in pass defense? ISU's defense is playing rock solid ball, and thats saying something when you give up 475 yards passing, but, thats more a result of what they were willing to give up....forced OSU into a lot of long yardages and came away with the most turnovers that team has given up all season.

Defensively:
    OU depends on their passing attack and right now they are dinged up. Stiles is going to be another Cooper was for OSU...he will be lined up in the backfield or the slot and catch a lot of balls. The guy LJ needs to line up across from is Jaz Reynolds...that guy has game changing ability. OU is 51 in the nation in rushing, to compare, OSU is 57th. For ISU to be successful, we need to take away their run game and force them to pass the dinks and dunks and then punish them!!!! Their line is built for pass blocking and is number 1 in the big 12 for allowing the fewest sacks. We will need to fake blitzes or catch them to get pressure. However, if we cannot get pressure, Landry is accurate and will find guys, but then again so was Weeden!!! Our defense is playing really fun football right now. The confidence is growing and the energy is flowing. We need an early stop to get our defense confidence right where it was a week ago when they played a great game.

Offense
    The offensive play we have not seen a lot of but i would like to see this week is the RB screen. I think right out of the shoot get the RB onto the same side as Alexander and run the screen to his side - slow his pass rush down by getting a big gainer right behind him!!! OU likes to get after the qb. Also, their stout against the rush, being the third best rushing defense we've played against with Texas and A&M being higher. Against those two teams we had 168 yards and 150 yards respectively. However, since Barnett has been inserted into the rushing attack, our performances rushing wise have exceeded the earlier season results. I firmly believe its barnetts drops that get him further away from line of scrimmage and change rush lanes which open his escape lanes. Watch for Alexander to move to our right side and try to create quick pressure. If that happens, i see Barnett getting a lot of rushing yards escaping to his side and then the key - throw the screens behind him. He's tough as hell against the run and really the motivator of that DL....get him whipped and your day is easier! Passing wise, i think our passing attack right now is as good as any i've seen. We've making plays and our OL is simply playing great!!!! Our OL should get more kudos!!!! I look for Money and Horne to have big games.

Predicition - I think ISU is able to control their running game and get hits on Mr Jones. I think he will throw for about 290 and have a couple of tds. However, without Demarco Murray and Broyles, this offense will not put up 52 points on ISU's defense. Conversely, i think ISU will run to keep them honest and have success. Don't be surprised to see woody sooner then you did against OSU. I think his brusing style would be a good way to wear down this team. Then bring in Mr White and the Slash of Bash and Slash would erupt for a long td. Passing wise, i think barnett still has something to prove and he will be focused. I think you see his best game yet and he outduels Jones and throws for 335.

ISU wins 37-28!!!!!!

Will break down KSU after this win!!!!

Last edited by KMAC_ATTACK; 11-25-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 201

Re: We go 2-0 to finish up....

For ISU to be successful, we need to take away their run game and force them to pass the dinks and dunks and then punish them!!!!

Big 12 did you know: Week 13 - Big 12 Blog - ESPN

Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones recorded the highest single-game completion percentage of his career against Iowa State last season (30-of-34, 88 percent), but threw just six passes longer than 10 yards, completing four.
    Iowa State was the first team this season to hold Oklahoma State without a rushing touchdown this season. The Cyclones also held OSU 110 yards under its average rushing yards per game.

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,057
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 18

I like the enthusiam, but my personal belief is that ISU has a chance to win one of its last two games, and it isn't against Oklahoma. I'm not sure if the Clones can win down at KSU.

Don't get me wrong. I would be ectastic to see ISU win out. I would jump for joy to see the Clones win one of their last two games.

Realistically? I am thinking 6-6 and going to a bowl game isn't too damn bad for a team a lot of people thought would finish dead last in the Big 12 -- behind GILL'S KU TEAM NO LESS.

Starter
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Send me some of that cool aid!!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 181

Not to be a jerk but D Murray is playing for the cowboys. Like the Dallas cowboys. I think you mean whaley.

“It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

Addict
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 922
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 271
    Given: 43

Quote Originally Posted by CykoAGR View Post
    Not to be a jerk but D Murray is playing for the cowboys. Like the Dallas cowboys. I think you mean whaley.
    I think he was comparing this years Oklahoma team to last years that beat us 52-0.