Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 39,887, Level: 61
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 463
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,763
    Points
    39,887
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 0

    Missouri looks scary good so far

    I thought that with a new coach who hasn't shown he can really win that they might struggle a little bit but they are blowing quality teams out of the water. Notre Dame by something like 30 points and California by 40. That is ridiculous! It is a good thing that ISU has some time to improve before they play them.


    "But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know." - David Brent

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 845,202, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    53,665
    Points
    845,202
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 513
    Given: 493

    Re: Missouri looks scary good so far

    Love their defense.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 164,913, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    10,989
    Points
    164,913
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 291

    Re: Missouri looks scary good so far

    English and Denmon are on the Jess Settle eligibility schedule. I swear they've been there 6 years.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 21,133, Level: 44
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 517
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    515 via 712
    Posts
    962
    Points
    21,133
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Missouri looks scary good so far

    Denmon is ******* fast.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    643
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Missouri looks scary good so far

    Quote Originally Posted by rholtgraves View Post
    I thought that with a new coach who hasn't shown he can really win that they might struggle a little bit but they are blowing quality teams out of the water. Notre Dame by something like 30 points and California by 40. That is ridiculous! It is a good thing that ISU has some time to improve before they play them.
    It's not hard to look scary good when you shoot 55-60%. That's the biggest difference from last year...they've abandoned the "Fastest 40 Minutes" of pressing like crazy (and giving up a lot of easy baskets on D) and focused on disruption in the half court. Mike Anderson emphasized pace and speed over shot selection, and it showed. Everybody in the conference knew if you slowed Missouri down, you could beat them.

    This year, Haith has them taking better shots, and valuing every possession. Plus, they're not worn out by halftime. I'd like to see how they match up against a team with a good PG and some inside depth. But I prefer this year's style to last year's.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 258,154, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,293
    Points
    258,154
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 245

    Re: Missouri looks scary good so far

    **** Mizzou. That is all.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 14,852, Level: 37
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cyrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    625
    Points
    14,852
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 17

    Re: Missouri looks scary good so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    **** Mizzou. That is all.
    I'm really sad that Mizzou is leaving the conference... only because I enjoy how much I dislike them.

    But as much as I want to see them fail, they are playing really good basketball, really early in the season. Hope we can catch up to them.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 258,154, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,293
    Points
    258,154
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 245

    Re: Missouri looks scary good so far

    California was ranked? Someone explain to me how a team is ranked after beating UC-Irvine, George Washington, Austin Peay, and Georgia and having the following statistical ranks...

    Points per game: 70.6 ranking 156th in the nation
    Rebounds per game: 38.2 ranking 111th in the nation
    Assists per game: 14.6 ranking 88th in the nation
    Field goal percentage: 46.5% ranking 99th in the nation

    California... like most Pac-12 schools historically in basketball is a joke. That team deserved to be ranked about as much as Mississippi Valley State does. Not at all.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    643
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Missouri looks scary good so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    California was ranked? Someone explain to me how a team is ranked after beating UC-Irvine, George Washington, Austin Peay, and Georgia and having the following statistical ranks...

    Points per game: 70.6 ranking 156th in the nation
    Rebounds per game: 38.2 ranking 111th in the nation
    Assists per game: 14.6 ranking 88th in the nation
    Field goal percentage: 46.5% ranking 99th in the nation

    California... like most Pac-12 schools historically in basketball is a joke. That team deserved to be ranked about as much as Mississippi Valley State does. Not at all.
    Your ranking leaders so far this season:

    PPG: 1) NC-Ashville; 2) Iona; 3) UNC
    RPG: 1) Oklahoma; 2) UT-Arlington; 3) Qunnipiac
    APG: 1) UNC; 2) Iona; 3) UNLV
    FG%: 1) TTech; 2) Indiana; 3) Campbell

    Verdict: early season stat rankings are next to meaningless.

    I won't argue that the Pac-12 is weak this year ("historically" might be a stretch, though) since they only have one ranked conference team. But the Big 12 only has two teams ranked right now that will still be in the conference next year (KU and Baylor).

    And the "basketball-poor" SEC? They have 5 teams ranked right now (7 if you added TAMU and MU). Everything is cyclical -- while the Big 12 was one of the strongest conferences for the past couple of years (along with the Big East), now the SEC and ACC are coming back.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Missouri looks scary good so far

    I believe Blum said they weren't going to be good this year....


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 464,763, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,206
    Points
    464,763
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 273
    Given: 171

    Re: Missouri looks scary good so far

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzoulander View Post
    Your ranking leaders so far this season:

    PPG: 1) NC-Ashville; 2) Iona; 3) UNC
    RPG: 1) Oklahoma; 2) UT-Arlington; 3) Qunnipiac
    APG: 1) UNC; 2) Iona; 3) UNLV
    FG%: 1) TTech; 2) Indiana; 3) Campbell

    Verdict: early season stat rankings are next to meaningless.

    I won't argue that the Pac-12 is weak this year ("historically" might be a stretch, though) since they only have one ranked conference team. But the Big 12 only has two teams ranked right now that will still be in the conference next year (KU and Baylor).

    And the "basketball-poor" SEC? They have 5 teams ranked right now (7 if you added TAMU and MU). Everything is cyclical -- while the Big 12 was one of the strongest conferences for the past couple of years (along with the Big East), now the SEC and ACC are coming back.


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM