Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Bubu Palo

  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 5,405, Level: 21
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    66
    Points
    5,405
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Bubu Palo

    Bubu Palo leads the team in assists/turnover ratio (5), assists per minute (0.24), and steals per minute (0.07). Royce White leads the team in turnovers per minute (0.05).

    Code:
                  name  A/TO  A/min  TO/min  A/game  TO/game  Stl/min  min/game
            Bubu Palo    5.0    0.24    0.05    2.5    0.5    0.07    10
          Tyrus McGee    3.0    0.04    0.01    0.8    0.2    0.03    20
           Chris Babb    2.2    0.10    0.05    3.2    1.5    0.03    33
          Chris Allen    1.6    0.10    0.06    3.2    2.0    0.02    32
     S Christopherson    1.2    0.08    0.07    2.5    2.0    0.02    30
          Royce White    0.8    0.12    0.15    4.2    5.0    0.03    34
          Melvin Ejim    0.7    0.05    0.08    1.0    1.5    0.05    20
             A Booker    0.3    0.02    0.05    0.2    0.8    0.02    14


    (Posting destroys the table format. Any suggestions? - Thanks Judoka, it's fixed now.)


    Last edited by psi; 11-23-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Fix format

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 120,873, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,210
    Points
    120,873
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 633

    Re: Bubu Palo

    You could post a screen shot image of the table.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 172,883, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,985
    Points
    172,883
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 19

    Re: Bubu Palo

    Bubu has been a good defender and distributor. Unfortunately he makes it pretty easy to double team our guys on the offensive side of the floor.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 113,553, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    madcityCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,759
    Points
    113,553
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 162

    Re: Bubu Palo

    Quote Originally Posted by RayShimley View Post
    Bubu has been a good defender and distributor. Unfortunately he makes it pretty easy to double team our guys on the offensive side of the floor.
    Pick your poison. Is it better to have shooting guards play PG? Because they have their problems too. Bubu has done a pretty nice job when he gets minutes - as good or better as anybody else.

    Royce: I can handle him turning it over on hot passes that teammates aren't ready for. That what you get sometimes when you have a great passer with great floor vision (ie: Tinsley) Hopefully these instances will lessen as they develop more chemistry. What really bothers me is when he gets his pocket picked at the top of the key, or stripped in the post - and it appears it's just a result of a laziness.

    Last night: overall ball movement was pretty good. Good spacing, good job of going inside, then finding the open outside shooter.

    Hopefully what we are seeing is that chemistry and depth are developing. I'm not saying I want Bubu to start at PG, but I do think it's important to be able to sub him in, and the offense goes. It's another look, it's the ability to rest the other guys, etc. Hopefully if we improve and can play a deeper rotation - we'll be able to press some (fixing our 1/2 court D first of course). That, with Percy getting more minutes and looking productive...


    Last edited by madcityCY; 11-23-2011 at 09:38 AM.

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 75,411, Level: 85
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,635
    Points
    75,411
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 30

    Re: Bubu Palo

    Another check in the for column for Bubu, at least he appears to want to play defense.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 172,883, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,985
    Points
    172,883
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 19

    Re: Bubu Palo

    Quote Originally Posted by madcityCY View Post
    Pick your poison. Is it better to have shooting guards play PG? Because they have their problems too. Bubu has done a pretty nice job when he gets minutes - as good or better as anybody else.

    Royce: I can handle him turning it over on hot passes that teammates aren't ready for. That what you get sometimes when you have a great passer with great floor vision (ie: Tinsley) Hopefully these instances will lessen as they develop more chemistry. What really bothers me is when he gets his pocket picked at the top of the key, or stripped in the post - and it appears it's just a result of a laziness.

    Last night: overall ball movement was pretty good. Good spacing, good job of going inside, then finding the open outside shooter.

    Hopefully what we are seeing is that chemistry and depth are developing. I'm not saying I want Bubu to start at PG, but I do think it's important to be able to sub him in, and the offense goes. It's another look, it's the ability to rest the other guys, etc. Hopefully if we improve and can play a deeper rotation - we'll be able to press some (fixing our 1/2 court D first of course). That, with Percy getting more minutes and looking productive...
    True, and as long as Bubu is able to make smart passes (and drop in a three every once in a while to keep them honest) he will do a good job spelling whoever it is we end up playing at PG.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 36,508, Level: 58
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    247cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spring Hill, KS
    Posts
    1,098
    Points
    36,508
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

    Re: Bubu Palo

    This team desperately needs a point guard. Could Bubu fill that role? I don't see why not given his play from last season to now. We don't need a superstar at that role... I remember Holloway being that type of player during Floyd's years. Bubu can certainly shoot as well as Jacy did when left open.

    At any rate, given his contributions and spark off the bench at times, I can't believe he has not earned a scholarship.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 138,875, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,364
    Points
    138,875
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 364

    Re: Bubu Palo

    Quote Originally Posted by psi View Post
    Bubu Palo leads the team in assists/turnover ratio (5), assists per minute (0.24), and steals per minute (0.07). Royce White leads the team in turnovers per minute (0.05).

    name A.TO A.min TO.min A.game TO.game Stl.min min.game
    Bubu Palo 5.0 0.24 0.05 2.5 0.5 0.07 10
    Tyrus McGee 3.0 0.04 0.01 0.8 0.2 0.03 20
    Chris Babb 2.2 0.10 0.05 3.2 1.5 0.03 33
    Chris Allen 1.6 0.10 0.06 3.2 2.0 0.02 32
    S Christopherson 1.2 0.08 0.07 2.5 2.0 0.02 30
    Royce White 0.8 0.12 0.15 4.2 5.0 0.03 34
    Melvin Ejim 0.7 0.05 0.08 1.0 1.5 0.05 20
    A Booker 0.3 0.02 0.05 0.2 0.8 0.02 14


    (Posting destroys the table format. Any suggestions?)
    Use 'code'

    Code:
    name  A.TO  A.min  TO.min  A.game  TO.game  Stl.min  min.game
            Bubu Palo    5.0    0.24    0.05    2.5    0.5    0.07    10
          Tyrus McGee    3.0    0.04    0.01    0.8    0.2    0.03    20
           Chris Babb    2.2    0.10    0.05    3.2    1.5    0.03    33
          Chris Allen    1.6    0.10    0.06    3.2    2.0    0.02    32
     S Christopherson    1.2    0.08    0.07    2.5    2.0    0.02    30
          Royce White    0.8    0.12    0.15    4.2    5.0    0.03    34
          Melvin Ejim    0.7    0.05    0.08    1.0    1.5    0.05    20
             A Booker    0.3    0.02    0.05    0.2    0.8    0.02     14



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 94,915, Level: 95
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,695
    Points
    94,915
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

    Re: Bubu Palo

    I'll say it again... Use Bubu like we used to use Jacy Holloway. All we need him to do is run the offense and play good defense and he'll hit the open shots when he gets them. I thought the offense looked better when he was on the floor last night and he made some nice drives and kick outs to an open guy a few times too. We don't need Bubu to average double digit points, we have enough scorers on this team.

    The times they pressed us last night was painful to watch because Royce and Scotty struggled to get the ball across 1/2 court. Just imagine how much tougher it will be once we play more athletic Big 12 teams that can really bring the pressure. Hoping that if this Scotty playing PG doesn't work out that he steps up as a leader and becomes the 6th man off the bench that gives us a spark because of all the starters he's about the only one that would be able to fill that role.

    I'm not worried about this team offensively but if they don't put in better effort on defense we could score 100 points and still lose a game. I thought Gibson was really active when he got into the game and Bubu and McGee both bring it on defense too.


    Go Cubs Go!

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 105,785, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    oldman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,277
    Points
    105,785
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 213
    Given: 505

    Re: Bubu Palo

    I heard that both Bubu's parents are teachers at ISU. Maybe he gets a very discounted rate or free ride because of this. Pure speculation on my part, so feel free to shoot me down. But if this is the case, why would they waste a scholly on him, when it could be used elsewhere.


    "Just remember, what you choose to do with each day is very important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it" -ET

    "I'm trying not to sweat the small stuff in my life, but there is a definite learning curve." -CE

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 172,883, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,985
    Points
    172,883
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 19

    Re: Bubu Palo

    ISU does not offer discounted tuition for the children of faculty.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 95,363, Level: 96
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,687
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUChippewa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,129
    Points
    95,363
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 100

    Re: Bubu Palo

    Quote Originally Posted by RayShimley View Post
    ISU does not offer discounted tuition for the children of faculty.

    Off-topic tangent here; my father is a retired ISU professor, and when I went to UNI and told people I was from Ames and what my father did for a living I had a few people ask me about possibly going to ISU for free. I had never heard of that before, so I'm curious to hear where it came from (incidentally, if I had a nickel for every time someone asked me why I didn't go to ISU when they learned I was from Ames I would be about five dollars richer, got that question all the time).

    Back to the topic at hand; I really like Bubu as a player, and if he's our best point guard at the moment than by all means give him the minutes. There is a very vocal minority on this board who seem to hate him (since walk-ons deserve absolutely no respect apparently), but if he can play people are going to have to get over the "walk-on" label. For crying out loud one of ISU's best players (Jeff Hornacek) started as a preferred walk-on, which is what Bubu is.


    "The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 25,141, Level: 48
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,270
    Points
    25,141
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 39

    Re: Bubu Palo

    I really hope that by the end of the year, Sledge will get the minutes that Bubu is getting currently. There really aren't enough minutes to give more than 9 people significant playing time, and if Sledge isn't getting minutes at ISU, he may decide to take his talents to South Beach, er...I mean another school.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 860,595, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,413
    Points
    860,595
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,512
    Given: 1,294

    Re: Bubu Palo

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUChippewa View Post
    Off-topic tangent here; my father is a retired ISU professor, and when I went to UNI and told people I was from Ames and what my father did for a living I had a few people ask me about possibly going to ISU for free. I had never heard of that before, so I'm curious to hear where it came from (incidentally, if I had a nickel for every time someone asked me why I didn't go to ISU when they learned I was from Ames I would be about five dollars richer, got that question all the time).

    Back to the topic at hand; I really like Bubu as a player, and if he's our best point guard at the moment than by all means give him the minutes. There is a very vocal minority on this board who seem to hate him (since walk-ons deserve absolutely no respect apparently), but if he can play people are going to have to get over the "walk-on" label. For crying out loud one of ISU's best players (Jeff Hornacek) started as a preferred walk-on, which is what Bubu is.
    Some schools have that sort of benefit. I understand that it's common at private schools. Once it happens at one school, I think people assume that it happens at other schools once they've heard of it at one.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,157, Level: 68
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    atlantacyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Posts
    3,834
    Points
    49,157
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

    Re: Bubu Palo

    Did a game just pass with no official thread?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM