Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

2011 Pre-season Big 12 polls had ISU @ 1-11

Take a look at this for example:
    Big 12 preseason football preview & prediction on 2011 final standings - National Big 12 | Examiner.com

The only team they probably had us winning against is Kansas. We beat that prediction by 5 wins. That is just mind blowing.

I thought we wouldn't win any more than 4 wins.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to find old pre season polls and make them eat their words. I am loving this moment - every day!!!!

WE ARE IOWA STATE

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 369

Re: 2011 Pre-season Big 12 polls had ISU @ 1-11

Quote Originally Posted by clonomaniac View Post
    Big 12 preseason football preview & prediction on 2011 final standings - National Big 12 | Examiner.com

The only team they probably had us winning against is Kansas. We beat that prediction by 5 wins. That is just mind blowing.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to find old pre season polls and make them eat their words. I am loving this moment - every day!!!!
    This one may have been an the extreme low end (many that I saw came up 3-9/4-8, with maybe 2 wins max in B12), but it's still fun to buck expectations. Would love to blow it completely out of the water with an 8-4 regular season.

Wasn't extremely accurate about most of the conference, but considering how the season has gone, I don't think anyone could've gotten too close.

I thought it would be a stretch to say ISU would go 0-3 in non-conference -- then again, all of those games could have been L's, as it turned out.

Over-under on wins was 3 or 3.5, if I recall. I wasn't banking on more than 5 wins, but I thought the over seemed like a good bet.

Should have actually bet, I guess.

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Missouri, A&M, and Tech overatted.

ISU, KSU, Baylor Underrated.

Makes sense given history of the programs. Funny how the forgotten teams are overacheiving, and the newest SEC members are struggling.

Pro
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 16

Funny they had us with one conference win and one win overall. So, either they thought UNI would beat us, or it is just yet another stupid pre-season rag that just lists the same teams over and over.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 260

The Cyclones are one of five Big 12 teams rebuilding at QB this year, and they hope to step up their passing game. With the new balanced schedule, Iowa State may struggle more to find wins – and even stay in games – than most every other team in the conference.

I think we found a qb and I think we have stepped up the passing game. Now we still commit turnovers and have penalties, but things are going the right direction. JB is a handful. When he gets more accurate throwing, he will go to the next level.\

What would Steele write next year. Returning qb, backfield, receivers, linebackers, punter, etc. Losing KO and LJ and Guyer/Mahoney and only a few others. If we beat one of our last two and the bowl, we might be top 25 pre season next year. It would be nice to out fundamental Bill Snyder in his house.

Last edited by Wesley; 11-22-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.