Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 325

Re: Morgan

I think he should be used as a recruiter out east somewhere....the man can recruit!

@RandomGeoFacts

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I agree with that 80% he could recuit but he recruited a lot of over rated players ex: taggert, marsden, theo davis, westbrook

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

How was marsden overrated... no one thought he could come in and play, thats why he was being considered to redshirt. I think he came in and did pretty solid for his freshman year when everyone was doubting him!

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

im thinkin of someone else cant remember his name ???

Recruit
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 17

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    im thinkin of someone else cant remember his name ???[/b][/quote]

Are you thinking of Mike Evanovich?

Asst. Regional Manager
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 325

I dont see how theo and westbrook are overrated.....seems to me one should have to actually play to have any kind of rating to even be judged over or underrated....and marsden did exactly what he could for the situation given to him.

@RandomGeoFacts

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I also think the reason that you would think many of his players are overrated would just be the fact that Morgan couldnt get them to play up to their potential, i really would have loved to see how Taggart would have proggressed with a true coach... but that's not going to happen!

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

We will get to see how he progresses. I thin if he wants to coach Cal at Memphis will get him to reach his potential, but it is going to be all up to Taggart if he wants to reach it.

Walk On
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I agree with Scott. We will never know how good taggertt, carr, or degand would have been. Remember that Will and Curtis signed to play under the Eustachy era. Just think of how good that team could of been with man to man defense with will, curtis, and homan, etc. Who would have been able to beat our backcourt with Will and Curtis playing solid man to man defense. I guess we will never know. That zone defense did basically nothing for us. We had so much potential. Okay, we did make the tourney, but we could have done a lot more than that. this last year, I really think that taggertt and the rest of our underachievers were a product of our coaching. What makes us think we have reason to think otherwise? Our laziness was a result of our coaching staff. I really believe that.

Drews79

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 958
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 45

Well said. I think the only reason we made the tournament was because our starting center wasn't coached by Morgan. Homan's tough defensive post presence is why that team was better than any of Morgan's other teams. I do cut Morgan some slack because Homan never got replaced. Our current(former) big men are(were) young and would have got better, but they never would have made the type of improvement Homan made from the time he was a fresh to senior.

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

If Larry would have not had his alcohol problem we would have had the best of both worlds: a great coach and Morgan doing what he should have be doing, recruiting talent as an assistant coach.

I don't care what anyone says about Larry, that guy was one of a kind and one of the best coaches we've had regardless of how long he was here and the mess of a deal that he got fired for. Even with lesser talent he always seemed to get his guys to play hard and over-achieve.

As for Morgan, I was never excited about him from day 1 and I was ready to call for his head in year 2 because despite making the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney the foundation was already being laid for this year's disaster with the work ethics and attitudes. That team was on track to finish in the NIT or worse when they started the Big 12 season then somehow played out of their minds toward the end of the season. I think it was either a product of what they were capable of doing or a total fluke, I'm still not so sure. Without Homan (Larry's guy) I doubt they would have made the NCAA and I think possibly he was the main difference in this team. Homan was the leader and set the tone, without the big guy to chew out those who were not putting in the effort he was I think this team just got lazy. No one questioned Homan's effort, he worked his butt off. I think Jiri has the energy to be that guy and hopefully GMac will push him to become that dominant force under the basket. I think Marsden has the potential to be a Paul Shirley kind of player, nothing fancy but just gets the job done.

Go Cubs Go!

Pro
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I know most people think that Morgan was a great recruiter, but lousy coach. I would put forth the proposition that he is not even that good of a recruiter. I realize the common consensus is that his players were great, but lacked coaching leadership to fully develop into top tier players. I am not convinced that this is the case. I think a lot of the players that Morgan recruited lacked a desire to really excel and do the work necessary to succeed at a high level against good competition. It seemed like alot of them were "me" guys that didn't recognize the concept of team success. I, for one, would rather have average to slightly above-average players that worked their butts off than a bunch of selfish 4-5 star players. We'll be a much better team under McDermott and his supposed 'work-hard' and 'team-first' style than we were under Morgan. Eustachy and Floyd were very similar in their approach as McDermott is.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 257

Besides alcohol, not traveling with his team bacause he was cared to fly, late night partying at frat houses, gladly taking in a mil a year, he also really liked the young gals. Please lets not go back to Larry Days. At least WM flew with the team. And WM did not get tpossed ast the end of a critical game. WM was a good representative of the school even though he had trouble at the end. I would rather have TF as coach as McD as coach as WM as coach as LE as coach. Just an opinion.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Besides alcohol, not traveling with his team bacause he was cared to fly, late night partying at frat houses, gladly taking in a mil a year, he also really liked the young gals. Please lets not go back to Larry Days. At least WM flew with the team. And WM did not get tpossed ast the end of a critical game. WM was a good representative of the school even though he had trouble at the end. I would rather have TF as coach as McD as coach as WM as coach as LE as coach. Just an opinion.
    [/b][/quote]

Well I disagree with your opinion. Larry wasn't anywhere near as shady as you make him out to be. He had some problems and he didn't take the proper or necessary steps to deal with them, not to meantion he lost his best friend during a time where he needed to straighten things out. He made mistakes and he's more than paid for them, but he IS a good man and should go down as one of the best if not THE best coach we've ever had at ISU. I will say that it seems his style is a little too old fashioned in today's world because it seems many kids just arn't as mentality tough as in the past or arn't willing to be. The ones that are thrive under Larry. The 2000 team in my opinion was the most mentally tough team I've ever watched in my life. And I thank Larry. I miss him. With that said, I'm absolutely pumped abou the future of ISU basketball under GMAC...

As for Morgan, he is not a great recruiter - he's a decent to good one, that's it. No amount of stars will change my mind about that. At this point I'm feeling confident that GMAC will bring in recruiting classes much more impressive than Wayne's.

ANF - America Needs Farmers - Thank God Iowa State produces-educates-supports them!