Dan Patrick Show
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 23,899, Level: 47
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,225
    Points
    23,899
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

    Dan Patrick Show

    Thought they'd talk more about us. Focus was mostly on Oklahoma State playing with a heavy heart and losing, not so much on us winning. The only thing Dan said was we played inspired football, but that was it. Literally. He took a few seconds to say that, and that was it.

    Again, seemed like they all (Dan and his Danettes) only focused on Oklahoma State being down because of last week's tragedy. Thought they would've given more props to us. Even in the group's "Best and Worst of the Week" segment, Fritzy said something like, "My WORST was Oklahoma State losing after blowing a 24-7 3rd quarter lead to OHIO State." Yes, he said OHIO, not Iowa. Ugh.

    Also, they couldn't stop gushing over the Oregon loss, and how USC beat them. Even had Lane Kiffin on the show.

    Oh well. Beat Oklahoma, get in the Top 25, and more people will take notice.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 185,163, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,550
    Points
    185,163
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 609

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    Look at it from the outsiders prospective. 5 turnovers. Blown 24-7 lead. Tragedy at the school the day before.

    Not going to get instant respect... takes years.


    We are getting mentioned during these national shows.. thats a start.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 92,049, Level: 94
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,101
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    NobodyBeatsCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    3,335
    Points
    92,049
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 56

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    Quote Originally Posted by cytheguy View Post
    Thought they'd talk more about us. Focus was mostly on Oklahoma State playing with a heavy heart and losing, not so much on us winning. The only thing Dan said was we played inspired football, but that was it. Literally. He took a few seconds to say that, and that was it.

    Again, seemed like they all (Dan and his Danettes) only focused on Oklahoma State being down because of last week's tragedy. Thought they would've given more props to us. Even in the group's "Best and Worst of the Week" segment, Fritzy said something like, "My WORST was Oklahoma State losing after blowing a 24-7 3rd quarter lead to OHIO State." Yes, he said OHIO, not Iowa. Ugh.

    Also, they couldn't stop gushing over the Oregon loss, and how USC beat them. Even had Lane Kiffin on the show.

    Oh well. Beat Oklahoma, get in the Top 25, and more people will take notice.

    I would not worry about it too much. This is a national show and the story here is that #2 Okie State lost to an unranked opponent. The key here is unranked opponent - they don't know us, have not followed us and did not expect that the game would even be close. Iowa State's accomplishment is a story that we can enjoy, but until the nation has evidence that we can do this consistently, the story will always be that the better known team lost.


    "Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"


    "The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 74,334, Level: 84
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,677
    Points
    74,334
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 350
    Given: 89

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    DP has a hard on for USC. They won a big game.

    If ISU goes to Norman and wins another game after being a 4 TD underdog, i am guessing he will take notice.

    Still love the DP show though.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 66,948, Level: 80
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,102
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    3,209
    Points
    66,948
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 209

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    There were more people watching ISU's performance nationally Friday night on ESPN than Dan Patrick has listeners. OSU was not "down" because of the tragedy, and those that watched know that. Even the OSU fans weren't making excuses. And they are truly classy fans.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 29,683, Level: 52
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cygrads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Altoona, IA
    Posts
    2,088
    Points
    29,683
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 228

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    [QUOTE=ajk4st8;2519543]Look at it from the outsiders prospective. 5 turnovers. Blown 24-7 lead. Tragedy at the school the day before. QUOTE]

    The TOs is what gets me - nobody mentions we had 3 TOs in the game - it's like everyone is making excuses for OSU's loss. Heavy hearts, 5 TOs, penalties and on and on. It's not like we played a perfect game. I'm sure part of the reason OSU is still rated 4th is because of the excuses given to OSU so it was a fluke loss.



  7. #7
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 607,866, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,966
    Points
    607,866
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,792
    Given: 168

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    I don't want to come off as super insensitive, but I think it's worth questioning why the media is insisting that the plane crash had a huge impact on Okie State's players and their performance Friday night.

    Do football players normally have much interaction with the Women's Basketball coach? I mean, I get the coaching staff side of things. I'm sure that coaches of different teams have interaction, but how many times do you think Justin Blackmon ever met Kurt Budke?

    I'm not saying that there was no reason for sadness. Far from it. I get that it is incredibly tragic. But, the way it was being portrayed suggested that it affected the OSU players on some personal level, but did it really affect them any more than it affected any other student from Stillwater?


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 26,981, Level: 50
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,189
    Points
    26,981
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 99

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    Mike Gundy even said that the players were ready to play and not really affected by the tragedy



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 218,677, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MLawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,827
    Points
    218,677
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 475
    Given: 139

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny
    I don't want to come off as super insensitive, but I think it's worth questioning why the media is insisting that the plane crash had a huge impact on Okie State's players and their performance Friday night.

    Do football players normally have much interaction with the Women's Basketball coach? I mean, I get the coaching staff side of things. I'm sure that coaches of different teams have interaction, but how many times do you think Justin Blackmon ever met Kurt Budke?

    I'm not saying that there was no reason for sadness. Far from it. I get that it is incredibly tragic. But, the way it was being portrayed suggested that it affected the OSU players on some personal level, but did it really affect them any more than it affected any other student from Stillwater?
    I agree with you, but I didn't want to be the first one to say it.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 879,708, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,641
    Points
    879,708
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,943
    Given: 2,354

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    I don't want to come off as super insensitive, but I think it's worth questioning why the media is insisting that the plane crash had a huge impact on Okie State's players and their performance Friday night.

    Do football players normally have much interaction with the Women's Basketball coach? I mean, I get the coaching staff side of things. I'm sure that coaches of different teams have interaction, but how many times do you think Justin Blackmon ever met Kurt Budke?

    I'm not saying that there was no reason for sadness. Far from it. I get that it is incredibly tragic. But, the way it was being portrayed suggested that it affected the OSU players on some personal level, but did it really affect them any more than it affected any other student from Stillwater?
    I was just about to post that question myself? Travis Ford would obviously be connected to the WBB coach. WBB players-beyond obvious, and they are really the ones suffering in this.

    I have trouble thinking that it affected the football players a whole lot. Maybe there's something that I'm missing, though.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #11
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 607,866, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,966
    Points
    607,866
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,792
    Given: 168

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone13 View Post
    Mike Gundy even said that the players were ready to play and not really affected by the tragedy

    That's what I'm getting at. They also asked him if he woke the players early Friday morning to let them know of the crash. I remember thinking, "Why would they do that?" And, of course they didn't. It just seemed like the interviewer was trying to make the impact of the crash into more than it was.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  12. #12
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 607,866, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,966
    Points
    607,866
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,792
    Given: 168

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    Quote Originally Posted by MLawrence View Post
    I agree with you, but I didn't want to be the first one to say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I was just about to post that question myself? Travis Ford would obviously be connected to the WBB coach. WBB players-beyond obvious, and they are really the ones suffering in this.

    I have trouble thinking that it affected the football players a whole lot. Maybe there's something that I'm missing, though.

    glad I'm not the only one. Like I said, I don't want to appear insensitive.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 879,708, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,641
    Points
    879,708
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,943
    Given: 2,354

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    glad I'm not the only one. Like I said, I don't want to appear insensitive.
    We already know you're insensitive. We just don't bring it up.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  14. #14
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 607,866, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,966
    Points
    607,866
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,792
    Given: 168

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    We already know you're insensitive. We just don't bring it up.
    Yeah, but it's important that I try to maintain the facade.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 185,163, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,550
    Points
    185,163
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 609

    Re: Dan Patrick Show

    [quote=cygrads;2519576]
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Look at it from the outsiders prospective. 5 turnovers. Blown 24-7 lead. Tragedy at the school the day before. QUOTE]

    The TOs is what gets me - nobody mentions we had 3 TOs in the game - it's like everyone is making excuses for OSU's loss. Heavy hearts, 5 TOs, penalties and on and on. It's not like we played a perfect game. I'm sure part of the reason OSU is still rated 4th is because of the excuses given to OSU so it was a fluke loss.

    Agreed. There is a huge difference in turnovers..

    Fumbling like Nebraska did several times without getting hit is one thing.

    Hitting the QB while he throws and picking it off is another.

    I personally hate the excuses.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM