Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

CFN's ISU/NU preview

Solid preview -- I-State will definitely need to corral Keller and the RBs to keep the D off of the field. Plus, Meyer & Co. really need to have a breakout game...

Iowa State (1-3) at Nebraska (3-1) 2:05 PM
    Why to Watch: Everyone raise your hands if you thought Nebraska was on the verge of being something special and was about to turn into a sleeper national title team. Guilty as charged. After shaky performances against Wake Forest and Ball State, and getting blasted by USC, the bloom is off the rose. That can quickly change with a win in Columbia next week over Missouri, but first, the Huskers have to keep the misery going for Iowa State, who followed up the shocking win over Iowa to lose in brutal fashion at Toledo last week. The Cyclones haven't won in Lincoln since 1977, and before that, you have to go back to 1960, and with the way the team has played over the first month, there isn't going to be any streak breaking without an all-timer of a bad game from Nebraska. However, it's possible if the Huskers are looking ahead to Missouri.
    Why Iowa State Might Win: Bret Meyer isn't Ball State QB Nate Davis, but if the Cardinals could chuck it for 422 yards and three touchdowns, then there's hope for the Cyclone passing game. Nebraska's pass rush isn't even generating even a slight breeze, while the run defense has been shoved around all over the place by anyone who's given it a shot. The numbers might not show it, but the Cyclones actually have a few good skill players in Meyer, RB J.J. Bass, and WR Todd Blythe. Bass has been great, but the passing game has yet to break out. The O line has been more than good in pass protection, and it should give Meyer all the time he wants to operate.
    Why Nebraska Might Win: For whatever reason, the Iowa State offense simply isn't clicking. It broke out a bit against Toledo last week, but the Rocket defense is at a whole other level of bad. The passing game isn't clicking, the running game, despite a nice start from Bass, isn't consistent enough, and there simply aren't a lot of good scoring drives to get excited about. While ISU has the receivers to crank up the air attack, it hasn't been working, so even a little bit of an early Husker lead should end this. Nebraska's offense might not be consistent, but it moves the ball in chunks. Iowa State's D will have a hard time getting off the field.
    Who to Watch: It's all about the high-profile transfers. Sam Keller has put up yards for the Huskers, but he hadn't done enough to make his good receiving corps shine until last week, when he threw for 438 yards and three touchdowns against Ball State. That was the game the Huskers needed him for, and that was the game that showed off what he could potentially do for the offense throughout the Big 12 season. For Iowa State, Bass has been a godsend. With Meyer and the passing game struggling, the star JUCO transfer has saved the day with two 100-yard games and four scores in the first four games. He's barely averaging four yards per carry, but he's giving the offense something to rely on.
    What Will Happen: Meyer will have his best game of the year, and it won't matter. The Nebraska offensive balance will rip through the Cyclone defense early before easing up off the gas late.
    CFN Prediction: Nebraska 34 ... Iowa State 14 ... Line: Nebraska -21.5
    Must See Rating: (5 Ken Burns' The War - 1 The Big Bang Theory) ... 2

All-Star
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6

Re: CFN's ISU/NU preview

I actually think Nebraska will do some things (blitz) to get pressure on Meyer, and that's where our short, quick passing game needs to be effective. We also need to shore up the special teams play. On defense, I think we'll struggle to stop the passing game of Nebraska...we'll need to get a few picks to get off the field!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,284
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 79

Wow, nice write up. Hopefully Meyer can have a good passing day and open up room for J.J.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 773
    Given: 616

Oh im sure it will be a struggle, but maybe this will be our break out game of the season. Because after this one its only getting tougher.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240

CFN honestly does a nice job. I think we come out breathing fire in this game, I really do. I'd still be surprised to see them win but I think we'll beat the spread easy.

Pro
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,212
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 3

From my perspective, that 22.5 line is way off....this game will be close and this matchup actually if anyone can believe me saying this, works in our favor.....

Nebraska offense has been built around a passing game, IAST d strength right now is our pass coverage. I would be much more concerned with Neb. line dominating the line of scrimmage and opening huge running lanes for their rbs.

Nebraska D has been questionable at best, and our offense is making continual progress each week. As Mcfarland indicated in one of his talk show appearances, it will take several weeks to get everything implemented. I think were at that point and our offense is moving the ball extremely well. Plus, with everything revolving around their defense, it has to open up the confidence factor and their ability to stop anyone-hope its not this week...

Special Teams - Take the iowa game out of the equation and our special teams have played a key factor in each of our losses. The Iowa game, our special teams played awesome, give us that same level of play in Lincoln and we have a chance.

I think Chiz and staff have been game planning for this game for a long time. I think they want to send a message to the Big 12, his first interconference game - He will be amped up.....

My prediction - ISU 31 Neb 28

I think our Offense continues their strong play and i think we connect on at least two long plays. JJ will touch the ball a lot and our offensive line will dominate the matchup(didnt think i'd say that this year). Our defense forces three turnovers and we contain their offense. Special teams - wow what a week, they've been beaten up this week by every message board and clone fan from coast to coast...they have a statement game, thats right, no blocked field goals, no botched snaps, no returns for touchdowns and our punter has an above average day helping us win the field position battle.

If all this comes true, i will buy 2 lottery tickets this week!!!!

K

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

I agree, I think this'll be closer than many think.