Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: James White

  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 747,265, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    50,694
    Points
    747,265
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,108
    Given: 1,468

    James White

    Everyone else has their thread, and I think James deserves one of his own. A couple of absolutely huge plays to help bring the Cyclones back and keep them in it. I love his speed hitting the hole, but especially when he gets into the open. It's been a while since we had a back who couldn't get run down from behind.

    Our stable of running backs is absolutely loaded for the future.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 47,482, Level: 67
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,816
    Points
    47,482
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 205

    Re: James White

    His wheel route in OT was a thing of beauty!



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 16,730, Level: 39
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 520
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    760
    Points
    16,730
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: James White

    Quote Originally Posted by PabloDiablo View Post
    His wheel route in OT was a thing of beauty!
    You could see him delaying, hiding, behind the line until the linebacker moved to the left to follow JB, then he took off.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 747,265, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    50,694
    Points
    747,265
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,108
    Given: 1,468

    Re: James White

    Quote Originally Posted by NebrClone View Post
    You could see him delaying, hiding, behind the line until the linebacker moved to the left to follow JB, then he took off.
    Yeah, I noticed that on the replay too. Just that 1/4 second was enough to have the defender drop back and cover someone else.



  5. #5
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 294,846, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,768
    Points
    294,846
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 968
    Given: 2,232

    Re: James White

    He turned it up and on when he saw the huge whole to the left side on his long td run. He. Cut. It. Up.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 163,074, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,425
    Points
    163,074
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,162
    Given: 11

    Re: James White

    He is doing a great job and really easing the blow that came with losing Shontrelle for the year.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 273,221, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,867
    Points
    273,221
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 574
    Given: 1,246

    Re: James White

    White has proven time and time again that if the O-line can get him to daylight he is a gamebreaker. The kid has the speed and cutting ability to take it to the house anytime he touches the ball. Having a threat like that in the backfield certainly makes life much easier for a redshirt freshman QB.

    Hopefully Shontrelle can recover from his neck injury and join White in the backfield next season.... and the Duck... can't forget the Duck. He showed he has gamebreaking ability too. My God.... we have DeVondrick and Standard as well.... The wealth he have at the RB position is absolutely ridiculous.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 43,161, Level: 64
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,089
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,723
    Points
    43,161
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 4

    Re: James White

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    White has proven time and time again that if the O-line can get him to daylight he is a gamebreaker. The kid has the speed and cutting ability to take it to the house anytime he touches the ball. Having a threat like that in the backfield certainly makes life much easier for a redshirt freshman QB.

    Hopefully Shontrelle can recover from his neck injury and join White in the backfield next season.... and the Duck... can't forget the Duck. He showed he has gamebreaking ability too. My God.... we have DeVondrick and Standard as well.... The wealth he have at the RB position is absolutely ridiculous.
    You need to be careful saying this. We are one injury away from burning a redshirt on one of those guys. White goes down and we will have to to recover that dimension of the offense.

    When you use a smaller back, you better have some in reserve. They can go down to injuries in short order. Even if you recruit bigger backs this happens. Look at our neighbors to the East. Last year they raved about their RB depth, but through one calamity or another they were using a true freshman as their only option at the end of the season.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 20,506, Level: 43
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CascadeClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,225
    Points
    20,506
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 274
    Given: 427

    Re: James White

    My son keeps saying "nothing is faster than the speed of White!"



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 298,890, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    16,396
    Points
    298,890
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,832
    Given: 5,247

    Re: James White

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    You need to be careful saying this. We are one injury away from burning a redshirt on one of those guys. White goes down and we will have to to recover that dimension of the offense.

    When you use a smaller back, you better have some in reserve. They can go down to injuries in short order. Even if you recruit bigger backs this happens. Look at our neighbors to the East. Last year they raved about their RB depth, but through one calamity or another they were using a true freshman as their only option at the end of the season.
    This late in the season in that scenario they might consider having Woody carry the bulk of the load with West and/or Gary getting some carries as well. It also helps to be able to have your QB's carry some of the rushing load.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 13,673, Level: 35
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mac4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    840
    Points
    13,673
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 53

    Re: James White

    James White is crazy fast. A few times this year he has turned the corner and nobody has caught him. That speed coupled with Barnett at QB makes for a difficult match up for any defense.


    "Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."
    -Satchel Paige

  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 654,164, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    25,769
    Points
    654,164
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,293
    Given: 346

    Re: James White

    It seems like his speed is deceiving to a lot of defenses, they take an angle not realizing how fast he really is and he's gone.



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 273,221, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,867
    Points
    273,221
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 574
    Given: 1,246

    Re: James White

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    This late in the season in that scenario they might consider having Woody carry the bulk of the load with West and/or Gary getting some carries as well. It also helps to be able to have your QB's carry some of the rushing load.
    I can't believe I forgot about Woody!!!! That kid is a bruiser. Love it when he wraps both arms around the football and lowers his head like a battering ram going straight ahead. His 2nd run in the 2nd OT was a thing of beauty. Pretty sure he got hit by all 11 guys on Okie State's D and that couldn't stop him. BEAST MODE!



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 61,330, Level: 76
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    intrepid27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    2,738
    Points
    61,330
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 264

    Re: James White

    Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    It seems like his speed is deceiving to a lot of defenses, they take an angle not realizing how fast he really is and he's gone.
    True, on his first TD run I would have sworn he was not going to make it. Defender looked bad on the chase.



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 20,256, Level: 43
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hayes30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Melcher-Dallas
    Posts
    704
    Points
    20,256
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 0

    Re: James White

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    I can't believe I forgot about Woody!!!! That kid is a bruiser. Love it when he wraps both arms around the football and lowers his head like a battering ram going straight ahead. His 2nd run in the 2nd OT was a thing of beauty. Pretty sure he got hit by all 11 guys on Okie State's D and that couldn't stop him. BEAST MODE!
    The Corn Fed Colossus



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPN2
  • Iowa State @ Kansas State
  • February 28, 2015
  • 03:00 PM