Someone Who Hasn't Been Mentioned
    Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 746
    Given: 93

Someone Who Hasn't Been Mentioned

I mentioned this in another thread but a name I very rarely see mentioned when throwing out credit is Yancy McKnight and his staff. We have yet to lose late and our defense has been awesome late in games. I think a lot of that has to do with the conditioning staff of this team. If you watched Iowa, OSU, and UCONN, their defense was tired late and ours really wasn't or at least pushed through it. I just think these guys need some credit thrown out to them. We always praise CPR and all the assistants and the S&C guys seem to be doing an amazing job in all areas.

It's all snark from here on out

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 17

Re: Someone Who Hasn't Been Mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread but a name I very rarely see mentioned when throwing out credit is Yancy McKnight and his staff. We have yet to lose late and our defense has been awesome late in games. I think a lot of that has to do with the conditioning staff of this team. If you watched Iowa, OSU, and UCONN, their defense was tired late and ours really wasn't or at least pushed through it. I just think these guys need some credit thrown out to them. We always praise CPR and all the assistants and the S&C guys seem to be doing an amazing job in all areas.
    Good point on the conditioning factor. The strength development of the young players has also been very impressive. Woody's runs on the winning drive were through huge holes opened in a large part by redshirt freshmen at center and left guard.

Pro
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    I mentioned this after the Iowa game. That game showed a huge difference in conditioning. In OT there were Iowa players jogging during plays. This one, OSU wasn't nearly as dead tired as Iowa was, but you could tell during our drive to tie it OSU just wanted off the field.

Yancy is a stud.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,203
    Given: 3,796

Quote Originally Posted by Yes13 View Post
    I mentioned this after the Iowa game. That game showed a huge difference in conditioning. In OT there were Iowa players jogging during plays. This one, OSU wasn't nearly as dead tired as Iowa was, but you could tell during our drive to tie it OSU just wanted off the field.

Yancy is a stud.
    I'm not badmouthing Yancy, but of course their D was tired. They were on the field the entire second half. Did you see that ISU won the time of possession by almost 11 minutes? If the time of possession was flip flopped, you would have seen a very tired ISU D instead.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 746
    Given: 93

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    I'm not badmouthing Yancy, but of course their D was tired. They were on the field the entire second half. Did you see that ISU won the time of possession by almost 11 minutes? If the time of possession was flip flopped, you would have seen a very tired ISU D instead.
    Throughout all of our games our defense has not been completely out of energy and we certainly aren't a model of ball control. This wasn't just a one game sample. This has been over the last two years. I know you aren't bad mouthing Yancy but theis 4th quarter defense has made a ton of stops when they needed them.

It's all snark from here on out

Pro
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    Fair enough. I'll say this, I've seen ISu get out TOP'ed in a few games this year, but I've never seen a player beg to get off the field.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 942
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 271
    Given: 43

Can I give a shout out to bobby Elliot and his #1 ranked pass defense. I think a lot of ppl felt he wasn't quite as good of a coach as a whole (including as a recruiter) as Chris ash, but he's really done a great job.

Walk On
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 5

Saw President Geoffroy really having a great time in his box seats before the game and it suddenly hit me that this was going to be his home last game.

President Gregory Geoffroy has proudly stood up and backed ISTATE athletics outstandingly.

Also, a sincere shout out to The Band Friday night, I was blown away!! I was completely out of breath from chearing, jumping, waiving my towel, and yelling like a mad man throughout the game but the band kept rocking out minute after minute. Man, that was an amazing performance that really inspired me to keep getting louder and crazier.

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

Going into overtime as our O-line came off the field, I saw Yancy on the field jumping up an down hugging the O-Line as they came off the field. He was pumped.

The grass always looks greener, on the other side of the fence, but the dog over there might be meaner, on the other side of the fence… Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard!