Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 38

B12 Final Standings - My Bowl Thoughts

Just assuming things play out with the favorites winning the final B12 games, here is how the standings would look:

OSU 8-1 11-1
    KSU 7-2 10-2
    OU 6-3 9-3
    BU 6-3 9-3
    MIZZ 5-4 7-5
    A&M 5-4 7-5
    UT 3-6 6-6
    ISU 3-6 6-6
    TECH 2-7 5-7
    KU 0-9 2-10

Given that result, my bowl projections are:

OSU - Fiesta
    KSU - Cotton
    OU - Insight
    BU - Alamo
    MIZZ - Non B12 Bowl
    A&M - Texas
    UT - Holiday
    ISU - Pinstripe

If ISU can somehow, someway win one more game, I feel REALLY good about our chances at the Holiday Bowl. Even if we win both, I don't see us cracking that top 4 because Baylor will stay in a Texas bowl and the obvious choice for them is Alamo. It could then come down to us or OU for Insight and since we were there last and they are the bigger name, I think OU goes Insight even though they would have lost 3 in a row.
    Bottom line I think it's Pinstripe or Holiday for the Clones and I really want to go to San Diego!

Last edited by isuno1fan; 11-20-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Recruit
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Re: B12 Final Standings - My Bowl Thoughts

Don't see anyone going to the Meineke Car Care Bowl or the TicketCity Bowl? I believe Big 12 has tie-ins with these 2 bowls also.

Starter
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    Just assuming things play out with the favorites winning the final B12 games, here is how the standings would look:

OSU 8-1 11-1
    KSU 7-1 10-2
    OU 6-3 9-3
    BU 6-3 9-3
    MIZZ 5-4 7-5
    A&M 5-4 7-5
    UT 3-6 6-6
    ISU 3-6 6-6
    TECH 2-7 5-7
    KU 0-9 2-10

OSU - Fiesta
    KSU - Cotton
    OU - Insight
    BU - Alamo
    MIZZ - Non B12 Bowl
    A&M - Texas
    UT - Holiday
    ISU - Pinstripe

If ISU can somehow, someway win one more game, I feel REALLY good about our chances at the Holiday Bowl. Even if we win both, I don't see us cracking that top 4 because Baylor will stay in a Texas bowl and the obvious choice for them is Alamo. It could then come down to us or OU for Insight and since we were there last and they are the bigger name, I think OU goes Insight even though they would have lost 3 in a row.
    Bottom line I think it's Pinstripe or Holiday for the Clones and I really want to go to San Diego!
    We can't jump Mizzou if they are 7-5 and we are 6-6. That can only happen when there are enough Big 12 bowl slots for all qualifying teams, like in 2009. That will not be the case this year, so we need to either win another game or cheer for KU to upset Mizzou next week.

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 71

OSU 8-1 11-1
    KSU 7-1 10-2
    OU 6-3 9-3
    BU 6-3 9-3
    MIZZ 5-4 7-5
    A&M 5-4 7-5
    UT 3-6 6-6
    ISU 3-6 6-6
    TECH 2-7 5-7
    KU 0-9 2-10

OSU - Fiesta
    KSU - Cotton
    OU - Insight
    BU - Alamo
    MIZZ - Non B12 Bowl
    A&M - Texas
    UT - Holiday
    ISU - Pinstripe

I think you're pretty much spot on in. I really hope we can pull out another win as I'm seriously thinking about going this year especially if it would happen to be in San Diego - love that place! Pinstripe, not so much. Just not a cold weather person.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 679
    Given: 68

IMO, a 2 loss K-State team might make the BCS. They would be rated much higher than the Big Ten teams and I don't see how you can make a case for 2 teams from the Big Ten in the BCS when they don't even have 1 team in the Top 10.

This would move everyone up a slot. At any rate I think ISU gets either a Holiday Bowl invite or one of the Texas bowls. I actually see Mizzou getting bumped down again. They are leaving the conference plus have a reputation for not traveling all that well.

Not a big fan of the Pinstripe Bowl. Cold, Cold, Cold. And New York is expensive, expensive, expensive.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by TDclones View Post
    Don't see anyone going to the Meineke Car Care Bowl or the TicketCity Bowl? I believe Big 12 has tie-ins with these 2 bowls also.
    Car Care = Texas Bowl (same think), it's the bowl in Houston

TicketCity is a B10/CUSA matchup this year unless they can't fill their slots

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_200m View Post
    We can't jump Mizzou if they are 7-5 and we are 6-6. That can only happen when there are enough Big 12 bowl slots for all qualifying teams, like in 2009. That will not be the case this year, so we need to either win another game or cheer for KU to upset Mizzou next week.
    That rule no longer exists...we can jump them

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    IMO, a 2 loss K-State team might make the BCS. They would be rated much higher than the Big Ten teams and I don't see how you can make a case for 2 teams from the Big Ten in the BCS when they don't even have 1 team in the Top 10.

This would move everyone up a slot. At any rate I think ISU gets either a Holiday Bowl invite or one of the Texas bowls. I actually see Mizzou getting bumped down again. They are leaving the conference plus have a reputation for not traveling all that well.

Not a big fan of the Pinstripe Bowl. Cold, Cold, Cold. And New York is expensive, expensive, expensive.
    Possible for KSU, but a very long shot IMO. Unfortunately, I think MICH gets in if they beat OSU this weekend and the Big10 gets two as unjustified as that would be. MICH would travel HUGE to a BCS game since it has been forever for them and their fanbase is 1000x what KSU's is.

I also don't see anyway ISU ends up in a Texas bowl. Baylor is pretty much a lock for the Alamo as long as they win one more. They do not travel so they have to have a Texas bowl. With the Car Care bowl (Texas Bowl) being in Houston, I don't see how they pass on A&M as it is right there geographically. I also think they'd take Texas over ISU in a heartbeat given the chance. ISU would travel HUGE to the Holiday Bowl....20,000 plus for sure. PinStripe, not so much, but we would still get around 8-10k to the Pinstripe.
    Really see those as our only options right now unless a non B12 bowl is in our future (could happen).

Pro
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 223
    Given: 117

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_200m View Post
    Just assuming things play out with the favorites winning the final B12 games, here is how the standings would look:OSU 8-1 11-1KSU 7-1 10-2OU 6-3 9-3BU 6-3 9-3MIZZ 5-4 7-5A&M 5-4 7-5UT 3-6 6-6ISU 3-6 6-6TECH 2-7 5-7KU 0-9 2-10Given that result, my bowl projections are:OSU - FiestaKSU - CottonOU - InsightBU - AlamoMIZZ - Non B12 Bowl A&M - TexasUT - HolidayISU - PinstripeIf ISU can somehow, someway win one more game, I feel REALLY good about our chances at the Holiday Bowl. Even if we win both, I don't see us cracking that top 4 because Baylor will stay in a Texas bowl and the obvious choice for them is Alamo. It could then come down to us or OU for Insight and since we were there last and they are the bigger name, I think OU goes Insight even though they would have lost 3 in a row.Bottom line I think it's Pinstripe or Holiday for the Clones and I really want to go to San Diego!
    except the fact that we did jump them two years ago.

Addict
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,401
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 205

I thought the Holiday is #5 pick, Houston #6 and Pinstripe #7.

When did the Houston bowl jump Holiday?

"We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

-ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

Addict
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 991
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 42

The holiday bowl would be fantastic. Need 2 bcs teams though I bet. Or we need to win 1 more. I don't see a 6-6 team in the holiday bowl. It would certainly lose its luster.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

We just made our NY City reservations!!!!! Game and NY Eve in Time Square --- always wanted to do that.

All-Star
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

It is all about the money and if Michigan beats Ohio St this week to finish 10-2 they will be ranked in the top 14 to qualify for an at large bid and you are crazy if you don't think a BCS bowl would pick Michigan and all the fans they would bring. In fact I would say K-State could be rated higher but a 2 loss Michigan will get picked before a 2 loss K-State for one of the at large bids.

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 9

I would love to make it to the Holiday Bowl as I believe we match up well with a pac-12 team. I am not sure why we have so many match ups against B1G teams in bowls though..

I WAS THERE!!!!!!

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    The holiday bowl would be fantastic. Need 2 bcs teams though I bet. Or we need to win 1 more. I don't see a 6-6 team in the holiday bowl. It would certainly lose its luster.
    6-6 Washington won the Holiday Bowl last year.