The Register's ISU picture selections = terrible!
    Recruit
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

The Register's ISU picture selections = terrible!

Why week after week does the Register select the pictures they do for ISU football? The front page of the sports section Saturday had a pic of the crowd, but it was a pic of the crowd what seems to be later in the celebration where everyone is just looking around. Wouldn't you think after upsetting the No. 2 team in the nation there would be better pics to choose from. This seems to happen week after week with the picture editing, they need to take lessons from the ISU Daily, much better pic selection. Hopefully this will improve, it does not do ISU football justice.

Pro
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,122
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 23

Re: The Register's ISU picture selections = terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by CST8WIN View Post
    Why week after week does the Register select the pictures they do for ISU football? The front page of the sports section Saturday had a pic of the crowd, but it was a pic of the crowd what seems to be later in the celebration where everyone is just looking around. Wouldn't you think after upsetting the No. 2 team in the nation there would be better pics to choose from. This seems to happen week after week with the picture editing, they need to take lessons from the ISU Daily, much better pic selection. Hopefully this will improve, it does not do ISU football justice.
    This is the same paper owned with the Iowa City Press Citizen (which is a better paper than the RAG)

They suck pure and simple

Pro
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,002
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 105

CR Gazette had one color picture and a correspondent article on Saturday morning. And the color picture was of Lattimer's fumble recovery. Today they have an article about the game (again) and two black & white pictures. Biggest upset of the year (and Cylone history) on a FRIDAY NIGHT when there is nothing going on and they couldn't send anyone to Ames? What a waste.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 537
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

I have expressed my dissatisfaction with the Register before but am in no position to judge currently. I know it is frustrating.

With NU going to the Big Ten, I just wanted to give kudos to the Omaha World-Herald for sending a reporter to the game. I suspect it had a lot to do with OSU #2. Still.

Here are three articles that appeared in the World-Herald online including one by reporter Lee Barfknecht.

Barfknecht: Iowa State stuns No. 2 Cowboys with double-overtime win - Omaha.com

Cyclones stun No. 2 Oklahoma St. in 2OT - Omaha.com

Iowa State coach shows nation what he's all about - Omaha.com

There is a nice photo gallery in the third link (8 total between the 3 articles, I know, not nearly as many as the Rag has online, but good photos I believe). I believe the AP photographer Chuck Neibergall, who took these shots, has a graduate degree from ISU if I recall correctly.

You see his photos all the time.

I liked this one of Woody at the end of the game, that accompanied the OWH article:

Here is one of Coach and the crowd afterward:

Last edited by Clone83; 11-20-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Pro
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 69

I cant believe at how much better the Gazette is over the Rag. They are 2 hours away and have better pics and articles then that crap they put in the rag. They should just get rid of the paper altogether.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

The Register = terrible. It is a Corporate Gannett production, all the news that Central Park West thinks is fit to be fed to stupid fly-over idiots. Why anyone on earth gives money or sells advertising in that fish wrap anymore is beyond me....it is past time that the established corporate media be relegated to the partisan, Citizen Kane destination they are bound for anyway. Be socially responsible, and demand journalistic reform. I am sure little old ladies all over Iowa still watch NPR and read the Des Moines register and think they are on the cutting edge of sophisticated intellect....what a farce!

Rookie
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by istater7 View Post
    CR Gazette had one color picture and a correspondent article on Saturday morning. And the color picture was of Lattimer's fumble recovery. Today they have an article about the game (again) and two black & white pictures. Biggest upset of the year (and Cylone history) on a FRIDAY NIGHT when there is nothing going on and they couldn't send anyone to Ames? What a waste.
    Hey, c'mon, it's a long way to West Lafayette. You think the Gazette could afford to send somebody to Ames when the mighty Hawks were involved in their epic Big Ten battle of titans with Purdue? Not to mention the fact that Lisbon was playing in the state title game up in Cedar Falls. Whaddaya want, a reporter/photographer at the game? I'm not sure Cedar Rapids even remembers that there is a Big 12 ...

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

The Gazette/ KCRG is just as bad. If you watch their news coverage that the newsreader gals are reading, it is just comical....They have no idea what they are reading and it is obviously written by people with an agenda that focus on many esoteric issues, instead of what is really going on. They got Liz Mathis elected for the good and educated populace(sarcasm) of that district.
    Gazette sports...like not so much. KCRG sports is good though, and I will give Campbell and Saville credit for being fun and fair. Weather is good too there. News is insularly ignorant and awful.