Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

KSU Player Blasts Prince on Facebook

This is from the KU Scout boards:

A post on Allan Evridge's facebook wall from teammate Ryan Schmidt:

Allan...congrats man....sometimes you are left with no choice but to leave and it will be the best thing you ever did....that program at Wisconsin is up and coming and gonna be real good the next few years....a hell of a lot better than K-state for sure....I hope you do well and give me a call anytime if you need someone to talk with....you made the right move and I'm proud of you for standing up to that fat [bleep].
    Seems a little more is going on than just "Prince excercising his right to shape the team the way he sees fit". :Wink:

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Do you have a link? I would love to see this thread. Thanks.

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6
    Go Sssssssssyclones!

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Thank you. The clown prince is so in over his head.

Rookie
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    It sounds that Bill Snyder left a mess in Manhattan. He should have known when to get out like Barry Alverez.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    I would be wary of stuff like this. There is a lot of room for people to falsely start rumors and resentment. I'm not saying this instance isn't true, but we should be careful to jump on stuff like this.

I would hate ISU to become a victim of some false postings from one of our players.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Found out last night that Ryan Schmidt, the one who wrote the message, is a former KSUck player who transfered out of the program sometime this summer.

Prince is playing favorites, running off Snyder recruited players (yes, I know that some transfers are the norm when a new coach comes in, but not as many as KSUck). Reports are that Prince recruited players didn't have to pass those conditioning tests in order to practice, while Snyder recruited players did.

Edit: Okay, just got access to the thread and sadly, there wasn't much else there, expect for this gem:

Where theres smoke theres fire...

And so far we have Evridge and Lopina stating they didn't receive a fair shot at QB. We have Webb also hitting the road. We have Brock Unruh stating things are messed up with their program. We have Nate Prater openly blasting Prince about his unfair treatment.

Thats some scary smoke.

Add Prince's not so great recruiting, his love of hearing his own voice, announcing during the spring game, teaching leadership classes, slob-knobbing the media, and his complete lack of experience in college football having never been a head coach or even a coach in a good program I'd say you have a recipe for something special.

Scary special.
    Yes, the clown Prince is going to be teaching a class on..FRIDAY! Isn't there more important things that need to be done? The way the whole Everidge situation was handled tells me things are seriously messed up down there. You had Prince the day Everidge wanted to transfer telling Allan to go home, sleep on it and come back the next day. Well Everdige did just that, came back the next day and his locker was cleaned out and the clown Prince was nowhere to be found.

I've read on other message boards that former players and coaches are downright worried about what Prince is going to do to the program. There's stories of the assitant coaches "goofing off" in pratice, recruiting smaller sized athetles and hoping that superior coaching and S&C will turn them into 1st team all Big 12 atheltes. Take alook at this link http://kansasstate.rivals.com/featur...89&FeKey=13094, scroll down to the guy wearing #4. The kid's name is Carson Coffman, he's a late addition to the KSUck team as a QB. Now you tell me if this kid has a chance in hell of surviving Big 12 defenses.

Another clown Prince story is that they've offered schollies to 2 players from one high school in the KC area, the HS coaches are flattered by it, but both have said that the kids offered schollies are no where close to having the talent to play in the Big 12, let alone mid major talent. I wished I could provide a link to these stories, but they are more the less premium "insider" information, but it paints a picture of what's happening at a rival Big 12 north school.

Last edited by garn91; 08-25-2006 at 08:11 AM.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 162
    So you expect me to believe that someone that says they are a KSU player (or former player) blasted the new coach online?

It's the internet people...crap is fabricated every single day.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post

It's the internet people...crap is fabricated every single day.
    Okay, so then I shouldn't believe what i'm reading here? These are some quotes from former KSU Nate Prater on his departure from KSUck:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2224115

Nate Prater, a redshirt freshman tight end from Omaha Central, said Monday he is trying to get his release from Kansas State in order to transfer. Allan Evridge, the Papillion-La Vista quarterback who started for the Wildcats last season, received his release from Kansas State coach Ron Prince last week.

Prater, rated the No. 22 tight end nationally when he signed with Kansas State, said dissatisfaction with Prince combined with family concerns were reasons behind his decision. Prince is in his first season as Kansas State's coach, taking over for Bill Snyder.
    "There's some funny stuff going on down there," Prater said. "I just felt like getting out of there was going to be the best thing for my family and me."

The 6-foot-4, 257-pound Prater wasn't listed on Kansas State's two-deep depth chart after spring practice, although he was expected to challenge for one of the top two spots in preseason camp. That changed when he wasn't among the 105 players invited to preseason practice. Prince didn't specify why Prater wasn't invited to camp, but the player said it was because he didn't pass all phases of the team's conditioning test.

"I went to all the summer workouts, and I thought everything was good," Prater said. "We had this conditioning test, and we were told if we couldn't pass it, we would not be allowed to come to camp. We ran three shuttle runs, and I made my time in two of the three so I couldn't come to camp."

Prater said several Kansas State players told him that other players, including two incoming tight ends, were allowed to come to camp even though they hadn't passed the test.

"That's what I mean by funny stuff," Prater said. "I've tried to find out why I wasn't allowed to practice. I don't know if he wants to play his recruits. I don't know if he felt I didn't think fit into his offense. Under coach Snyder's system, you had to be around 250 (pounds) to play. Maybe he (Prince) thinks I'm too big for his system, that he wants tight ends around 230 or so.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Ok....so?

How many times have new coaches taken over...some players didn't like the new system...defected...then bashed the coach? Only for the coach to go on to have a very nice career with that team.

It's happened many, many times.

Some of the things Prince is doing look odd now...to the outside and a few insiders. Yet maybe....just maybe we can let this guy coach a game...or even a season *gasp*...before we toss him under the bus.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Ok....so?

How many times have new coaches taken over...some players didn't like the new system...defected...then bashed the coach? Only for the coach to go on to have a very nice career with that team.

It's happened many, many times.

Some of the things Prince is doing look odd now...to the outside and a few insiders. Yet maybe....just maybe we can let this guy coach a game...or even a season *gasp*...before we toss him under the bus.

Like I said, I agree that player defections are the norm when a new coach comes in, although, how many schools lose 3 QB's in a 3 month span? I agree, let the man coach a season, but if his recruiting style is any indication and the fact that he has a crappy S&C program, he won't be coaching for long in the Big 12.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Didn't the Huskers lose a pair of QB prospects recently? And when they didn't...isn't it true you and other Husker fans said "we're better off with out them".

So...why can't the same be said of KSU. Sure...the players they lost may be good...yet if they're character/work ethic stinks...perhaps they're not good for the team.

Not one person knows what is actually going on at KSU accept for the coaches and the players buying into the system.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 296
    Garn may be totally right. We are daily hearing lots of Purple Pride crumbling' rumbles.

In this case, Ron Prince is trashing the program. KSU will be bad for the next two years. Their team speed was way down last year on defense and Bull Snyder had trouble recruiting to Manhattan. Bill Snyders best coachews had been promoted to other programs.

Same thing could have happened at Ames without leadership and vigilance.

For KSU, Prince may not be the solution. You do not run off 3 veteran qbs to play a freshman. Garn suggest a screw loose. I suggest a screw is loose in Manhattan. They appear to have to win the hard way.

For Lincoln, Frank Solich was a nice coach. Yet he could not recruit to save his grandmother. Every time he tried to close the recruiting pitch successfully, he would fail. At the end, he was offering scholarships to Divsion 1-AA athletes in Omaha in order to fill his roster. Steve Pederson panicked and Frank was history and off to Ohio U. Frank could not recruit his way out of a papersack. Just the opposite with Bill C. He can recruit anyone, but can he coach?

However, RonP is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Nate Prater and Allen Evridge were some of the best athletes KSU has/had on their current roster. What are they smokin' in Manhattan now?

We are hearing Dan Hawkins of Colorado is too methodical and No Nonsense and Too ethics. Couple of good dbs are now history. He needs about three more years to crank up a religious flavored team in Boulder. Think Boise and he will be all that.

Missouri can't find decent recruits with Pinkel having not made the transition very well. They have one real qb

Mancini was part of six year player cheating fiasco (at the end in 2003 at KU).

If Clones can beat Big Red, other Big North games are very winneable.

Now we may lose all the Big South games. Or we may not.

And some misinformed people think the Rockets can win in Ames....

Personally the UNI game may be more difficult than most of the Big North opponents, except The Red coming into Ames.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Your comment about some of the things said about Hawkins in Colorado nails it...

Almost anytime there is a coaching change...some players don't like it for whatever reason and leave. To the outside that may look like the new coach forced them out.

Yet no one really knows.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryceman View Post

We are hearing Dan Hawkins of Colorado is too methodical and No Nonsense and Too ethics. Couple of good dbs are now history. He needs about three more years to crank up a religious flavored team in Boulder. Think Boise and he will be all that.
    Would you be leaving too if all of a sudden strippers were off limits?