Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Thank You, ISU Fans

Hi Cyclone Fans,

Briefly -- I'm an OSU student (Both parents are ISU alums) who was at the game last night.

Last night was my second game at Jack Trice -- the first game was in 2009 and I didn't really talk to many fans. I went both times with the OSU marching band. Yesterday morning, I woke up on the bus to multiple text messages about the women's basketball coaches. Obviously it was a rough day. After the Cyclone victory, I was still more upset about the plane crash than the football game.

Anyway, I just wanted to send out a heartfelt thank you to your fan base. I appreciated the moment of silence (except for the flurry of camera clicks), but throughout the game and after, I had several fans come up to me and offer their condolences and sympathy. Other than some drunk students who kept hitting our bus windows, I met nothing but class on our walk out of the stadium. I cannot tell you how comforting it was to see such a display of class, when I know there are some fan bases in the Big 12 that would've rubbed the loss in our face.

Thank you.

Rookie
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Re: Thank You, ISU Fans

All of the Oklahoma State fans that I interacted with at the game were very classy as well. I really enjoyed the game, and the people that were there. I'll be rooting for you the rest of the year. Thanks

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 17

The parents and family of the OSU players were outside the OSU semi after the game and were complimentary to the ISU fans as we walked by them. They were congratulating us on the win and wishing our team luck for the rest of the season. They showed a lot of class, unlike some parents/family members of other programs.

Good luck against OU, hopefully our guys can soften them up some for you next weekend.

Legend
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 8

OSU is my second favorite in the Big 12, I will pull for you the rest of the way. I have always had a good time in Stillwater.

Rookie
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by kadune View Post
    Hi Cyclone Fans,

Briefly -- I'm an OSU student (Both parents are ISU alums) who was at the game last night.

Last night was my second game at Jack Trice -- the first game was in 2009 and I didn't really talk to many fans. I went both times with the OSU marching band. Yesterday morning, I woke up on the bus to multiple text messages about the women's basketball coaches. Obviously it was a rough day. After the Cyclone victory, I was still more upset about the plane crash than the football game.

Anyway, I just wanted to send out a heartfelt thank you to your fan base. I appreciated the moment of silence (except for the flurry of camera clicks), but throughout the game and after, I had several fans come up to me and offer their condolences and sympathy. Other than some drunk students who kept hitting our bus windows, I met nothing but class on our walk out of the stadium. I cannot tell you how comforting it was to see such a display of class, when I know there are some fan bases in the Big 12 that would've rubbed the loss in our face.

Thank you.
    Our condolences to the whole OSU family and everyone affected by the plane crash. Obviously puts things into perspective, and we feel for you. In 1985 ISU lost our head cross country coach, an assistant, and 3 runners from the women's team in a plane crash in Des Moines after they took 2nd place at the NCAA meet in Wisconsin. I'll never forget that day or that terrible feeling.

I do remember coach Bubke and OSU from the women's tournament in Des Moines a couple years ago, I think that run here put them in the sweet 16. The fans and the band were class acts, had lots of fun, and coach Bubke was kind of a quote machine while he was here. He said something like he liked Des Moines so much he was going to vacation here.

RIP, our thoughts are with you.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,400
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 69

I haven't heard a bad word about any OSU fans last night, a very classy group of fans.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 14

In my experience, ISU and OSU have always shared a sense of kinship. Maybe it's because no matter how good we are in any sport, we are both overshadowed by our "big brothers" and that causes us to identify and empathize with one another.

I remember when ISU won the last Big 8 basketball championship and the OSU fans were as happy for us as anyone. From my perspective, they are the nicest fans in the Big XII.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 528
    Given: 509

You all are my second favorite in the conference, too. Nothing but respect for you guys.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,377
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    In my experience, ISU and OSU have always shared a sense of kinship. Maybe it's because no matter how good we are in any sport, we are both overshadowed by our "big brothers" and that causes us to identify and empathize with one another.

I remember when ISU won the last Big 8 basketball championship and the OSU fans were as happy for us as anyone. From my perspective, they are the nicest fans in the Big XII.
    Agreed. I lived in Oklahoma for 4 years. I really appreciate OSU. They admit that there is an unwritten bond between Iowa state, Oklahoma state, and Kansas state.

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 14

Got a call from an OSU coworker today who was very complimentry. He was madder about the way OSU's defense played than anything else about the game. OSU has a soft place in my heart too. Your fans are classy.

So sorry about the loss of life. Glad we had a moment before the game to reflect on that as a show of respect.