Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 21,024, Level: 44
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 626
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Messi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    803
    Points
    21,024
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 14

    Bowl Game package question

    Does the University or Gridiron Club usually put together a travel package for when we go to bowl games? If so, does anyone know how much they usually run?



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 30,932, Level: 54
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,155
    Points
    30,932
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 151

    Re: Bowl Game package question

    Lot of usually's in that question. Iowa State doesn't usually go to a bowl game.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 428,672, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    22,473
    Points
    428,672
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,366
    Given: 710

    Re: Bowl Game package question

    They did last time, it was a bit pricey though.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,188, Level: 80
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ALTOONA
    Posts
    3,981
    Points
    67,188
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 1,922

    Re: Bowl Game package question

    Quote Originally Posted by Messi View Post
    Does the University or Gridiron Club usually put together a travel package for when we go to bowl games? If so, does anyone know how much they usually run?
    Yes, the Alumni Association and others such as the Cyclone Club, etc. will have packages. Cost will depend on what all you include in the package. Also, local travel agencies will have packages that can include everything such as motel, meals, transportation, air travel, tickets, etc.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 38,454, Level: 60
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Me State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Altoona
    Posts
    2,055
    Points
    38,454
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 0

    Re: Bowl Game package question

    I went with the alumni association to the Insight bowl and the trip was worth the price. It was a great time and everything was taken care of. Private flight, bus from airport to resort, resort full of Cyclone fans, bus to and from pep rally, police escort to game, snacks and drinks on bus back from game plus many other things. Had an amazing time!



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 53,925, Level: 71
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ry4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,242
    Points
    53,925
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 9

    Re: Bowl Game package question

    Quote Originally Posted by Me State View Post
    I went with the alumni association to the Insight bowl and the trip was worth the price. It was a great time and everything was taken care of. Private flight, bus from airport to resort, resort full of Cyclone fans, bus to and from pep rally, police escort to game, snacks and drinks on bus back from game plus many other things. Had an amazing time!
    If you dont mind me asking. How much was that per person?



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 38,454, Level: 60
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Me State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Altoona
    Posts
    2,055
    Points
    38,454
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 0

    Re: Bowl Game package question

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry4Cy View Post
    If you dont mind me asking. How much was that per person?
    **Found the info**

    Included in the tour package is:

    • Round-trip charter air service between Des Moines (air/land tour only) and Phoenix, Ariz.
    • Three (3) nights' accommodations, including all state and local taxes, at the Arizona Grand Resort or similar hotel
    • Breakfast each morning
    • Welcome reception with southwestern-style refreshments on arrival
    • Round-trip transfers between the airport and hotel (air/land tour only)
    • Luggage handling and porterage at the Phoenix Airport (air/land tour only)
    • A special alumni tour desk at the hotel
    • Admission to a pep rally featuring the marching band, athletics department officials, and ISU cheer squad (includes transfers)
    • Admission to pregame event
    • Police-escorted deluxe motorcoach transfer on gameday
    • Insight Bowl game ticket
    • New Year's Eve gathering following the game at the hotel with hors d'oeuvres and cash bar
    • Exclusive Insight Bowl souvenir
    • Insight Bowl souvenir name badge
    Prices per person as follows:

    Air/Land Tour
    Room with 2 adults, $1,489
    Room with 1 adult, $1,727
    Room with 3 adults, $1,445
    Room with 4 adults, $1,421
    Child in room (ages 2-12), $1,159

    Land-only Tour
    Room with 2 adults, $736
    Room with 1 adult, $989
    Room with 3 adults, $687
    Room with 4 adults, $662
    Child in room (ages 2-12), $389

    That was the info for the 2009 Insight Bowl trip.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 53,925, Level: 71
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ry4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,242
    Points
    53,925
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 9

    Re: Bowl Game package question

    Quote Originally Posted by Me State View Post
    **Found the info**

    Included in the tour package is:

    • Round-trip charter air service between Des Moines (air/land tour only) and Phoenix, Ariz.
    • Three (3) nights' accommodations, including all state and local taxes, at the Arizona Grand Resort or similar hotel
    • Breakfast each morning
    • Welcome reception with southwestern-style refreshments on arrival
    • Round-trip transfers between the airport and hotel (air/land tour only)
    • Luggage handling and porterage at the Phoenix Airport (air/land tour only)
    • A special alumni tour desk at the hotel
    • Admission to a pep rally featuring the marching band, athletics department officials, and ISU cheer squad (includes transfers)
    • Admission to pregame event
    • Police-escorted deluxe motorcoach transfer on gameday
    • Insight Bowl game ticket
    • New Year's Eve gathering following the game at the hotel with hors d'oeuvres and cash bar
    • Exclusive Insight Bowl souvenir
    • Insight Bowl souvenir name badge
    Prices per person as follows:

    Air/Land Tour
    Room with 2 adults, $1,489
    Room with 1 adult, $1,727
    Room with 3 adults, $1,445
    Room with 4 adults, $1,421
    Child in room (ages 2-12), $1,159

    Land-only Tour
    Room with 2 adults, $736
    Room with 1 adult, $989
    Room with 3 adults, $687
    Room with 4 adults, $662
    Child in room (ages 2-12), $389

    That was the info for the 2009 Insight Bowl trip.
    Thank you



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM