Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 70,384, Level: 82
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    2,816
    Points
    70,384
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 75

    Towels and Penalties

    Two totally unrelated items. Who sponsored the gold towels last night? And isn't it amazing how well we do when everybody keeps their heads and there are no stupid penalties?



  2. #2
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    lol I thought this thread was going to be about how the towels were the same color as the penalty flag. And people were not throwing them on the field.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 36,521, Level: 58
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,852
    Points
    36,521
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    Two totally unrelated items. Who sponsored the gold towels last night? And isn't it amazing how well we do when everybody keeps their heads and there are no stupid penalties?
    Towels say sponsored by Hy-Vee and Coca-Cola.
    Yes, we did well in spite of some stupid penalties.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 29,035, Level: 52
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Urbandale,Ia
    Posts
    3,151
    Points
    29,035
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    Hayworth hicks made a lot of big mistakes last night. I know he had at least a holding call, horse collar tackle, and a false start. I'm sure he had more, but can't remember. Other than that everyone else didn't make a whole lot of mental errors penalty wise



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 148,279, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    iahawkhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    2,739
    Points
    148,279
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarrior View Post
    Hayworth hicks made a lot of big mistakes last night. I know he had at least a holding call, horse collar tackle, and a false start. I'm sure he had more, but can't remember. Other than that everyone else didn't make a whole lot of mental errors penalty wise
    Was the horsecollar tackle iffy at all? Everyone around me in section 10 was shouting that he had the jersey and not the pads. I haven't watched a replay, though.


    Quote Originally Posted by im4cyclones View Post
    [Anything] is easy if you are content to suck at it.

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 555,003, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,211
    Points
    555,003
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 38

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkhunter View Post
    Was the horsecollar tackle iffy at all? Everyone around me in section 10 was shouting that he had the jersey and not the pads. I haven't watched a replay, though.
    He started horsecollar and tried to adjust his tackle to avoid the penalty. Probably an ok call.




  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 81,680, Level: 88
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    azepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,791
    Points
    81,680
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 47

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    Not to mention that he's an offensive lineman who suddenly has to play defense. Stupid penalty, I'll give him a pass on that one.



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 20,249, Level: 43
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Crescent, IA
    Posts
    483
    Points
    20,249
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    Quote Originally Posted by azepp View Post
    Not to mention that he's an offensive lineman who suddenly has to play defense. Stupid penalty, I'll give him a pass on that one.

    That tackle and penalty saved the game! He definitely gets a pass on that one.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 310,001, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In a Bunker
    Posts
    14,341
    Points
    310,001
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 8

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkhunter View Post
    Was the horsecollar tackle iffy at all? Everyone around me in section 10 was shouting that he had the jersey and not the pads. I haven't watched a replay, though.
    It was probably the right call. The refs have watched that penalty big time this year.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 52,679, Level: 71
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,371
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ry4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,150
    Points
    52,679
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    Quote Originally Posted by azepp View Post
    Not to mention that he's an offensive lineman who suddenly has to play defense. Stupid penalty, I'll give him a pass on that one.
    This



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 36,199, Level: 58
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 451
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    mikeiastat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,487
    Points
    36,199
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 7

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    I could agree with mistakes, but there wasn't a single STUPID penalty yesterday. And I also have to comment after all the ripping we did on the reffs when we didn't have the "A Crew" The refs were quite good last night. I'm sure OSU wasn't happy about the FG call, but I can' tthink of one call against us or OSU that I thought was clearly bogus. Sad that I have to put it that way after the last 2 months because I think the reffs truely were very good last night.

    The horse collar was the right call. Tough to bag on an offensive guy for getting a little high. He did let off so it wasn't flagrant, but no provision for that.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 148,279, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    iahawkhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    2,739
    Points
    148,279
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    He started horsecollar and tried to adjust his tackle to avoid the penalty. Probably an ok call.
    Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    It was probably the right call. The refs have watched that penalty big time this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeiastat View Post
    I could agree with mistakes, but there wasn't a single STUPID penalty yesterday. And I also have to comment after all the ripping we did on the reffs when we didn't have the "A Crew" The refs were quite good last night. I'm sure OSU wasn't happy about the FG call, but I can' tthink of one call against us or OSU that I thought was clearly bogus. Sad that I have to put it that way after the last 2 months because I think the reffs truely were very good last night.

    The horse collar was the right call. Tough to bag on an offensive guy for getting a little high. He did let off so it wasn't flagrant, but no provision for that.
    Thanks!


    Quote Originally Posted by im4cyclones View Post
    [Anything] is easy if you are content to suck at it.

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 70,384, Level: 82
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    2,816
    Points
    70,384
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 75

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    There were some penalties, but none that were agregious. None of the dumb ones from LJ head-butting, or kicking the ball in frustration.

    Hick's horse collar was a crap call. My OSU friends sitting beside us even said we got hosed on that one. It all worked out OK in the end.

    Oh, and MAD PROPS to HyVee and Coke.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 40,185, Level: 61
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Rods79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,479
    Points
    40,185
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Towels and Penalties

    He got all jersey...but with that big of a guy, it looks worse than it was. I give the refs a pass on it now, but I was pretty animated about that at the time.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM