Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 174,241, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alaskaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,204
    Points
    174,241
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    The following site is being advertised on CycloneFanatic

    Link: TroopsRibbon | Bring Home Our Troops | Who We Support

    I wasn't aware of this marketing campaign before I clicked on the link.

    For those of us that want to bring the troops home from Iraq, how do you feel about supporting this organization and wearing the ribbons they are marketing?



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,576, Level: 65
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 974
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cmoore_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    4,425
    Points
    44,576
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 21

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    this is such a sticky topic.. because when you say "bring our troops home" are you saying pull out? or somthing else...
    im not going to get into a big debate over this.. but it will be really bad if we pull out right now... and it will just cause for us to go over there later with bigger #'s.. and that is the truth..


    Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

    ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 119,303, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,767
    Points
    119,303
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    These ribbon deals are a joke. There is a damn ribbon for everything. I am going to make a ribbon that says "I support ribbon campaigns" $10 says there would be d-bags from here to Cleveland with those things on their mini-vans.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 450,382, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    39,554
    Points
    450,382
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 25

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    this is such a sticky topic.. because when you say "bring our troops home" are you saying pull out? or somthing else...
    im not going to get into a big debate over this.. but it will be really bad if we pull out right now... and it will just cause for us to go over there later with bigger #'s.. and that is the truth..
    That is one thing most of these pres candidates are not getting or just not wanting to believe. If we leave, it will immediatly be a civil war, and then we are back to square 1 in 5 years.


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 216,570, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,184
    Points
    216,570
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 216

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    As a former Marine. let me give you my opinion of how you feel when People say crap like. Don't support the war. We do support our troops.


    First off our troops are fighting a war. In order to support them you don't tell them to quit doing what they are doing. That is NON support. Would you tell the Cyclone football team that you support them, but you wish they would just quit playing in the 4th quarter because of what they did the first 3 quarters. I think not.

    So support the war. Support the war ending asap. Support the troops.

    Anti war bring them home = Your an idiot.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 174,241, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alaskaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,204
    Points
    174,241
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    The ribbon campaign that Lance Armstrong promotes has been successful. I guess every other cause is hoping to replicate that success.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,576, Level: 65
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 974
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cmoore_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    4,425
    Points
    44,576
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 21

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    That is one thing most of these pres candidates are not getting or just not wanting to believe. If we leave, it will immediatly be a civil war, and then we are back to square 1 in 5 years.
    exactly.. and not only that.. but the taliban will rise even more then they are trying to now.. and once they come out fohiding.. u might as well blow somthing else up around here because u know damn well they are going to try.. and that will jsut cause us to go back over..


    Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

    ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 726,921, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    46,872
    Points
    726,921
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,007
    Given: 536

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    If I am going to give money to support something, it will be things that directly benefit the troops or their families. I am in the process of picking out a related charity, as my fiance and I are suggesting donations instead of gifts for our wedding, since we already have two of everything anyway. Hers is going to be the Animal Rescue League.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 174,241, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alaskaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,204
    Points
    174,241
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    As a former Marine. let me give you my opinion of how you feel when People say crap like. Don't support the war. We do support our troops.


    First off our troops are fighting a war. In order to support them you don't tell them to quit doing what they are doing. That is NON support. Would you tell the Cyclone football team that you support them, but you wish they would just quit playing in the 4th quarter because of what they did the first 3 quarters. I think not.

    So support the war. Support the war ending asap. Support the troops.

    Anti war bring them home = Your an idiot.
    I believe that we can support the military but not the government that chooses to execute a flawed mission. My anger is directed towards GWB and his Administration. And by the way I am a former Marine.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 334,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,728
    Points
    334,809
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 152

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    Don't you mean, "The Iraq"?



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 726,921, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    46,872
    Points
    726,921
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,007
    Given: 536

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq


  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 57,404, Level: 74
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,146
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    2,283
    Points
    57,404
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 0

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    If I am going to give money to support something, it will be things that directly benefit the troops or their families. I am in the process of picking out a related charity, as my fiance and I are suggesting donations instead of gifts for our wedding, since we already have two of everything anyway. Hers is going to be the Animal Rescue League.

    WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT!!! They get lots of my money. They work on the transition side after our guys get injured.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 726,921, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    46,872
    Points
    726,921
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,007
    Given: 536

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by SpokaneCY View Post
    WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT!!! They get lots of my money. They work on the transition side after our guys get injured.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I just saved their website in my favorites, and I will check them out.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 58,384, Level: 74
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,348
    Points
    58,384
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    As a former Marine. let me give you my opinion of how you feel when People say crap like. Don't support the war. We do support our troops.


    First off our troops are fighting a war. In order to support them you don't tell them to quit doing what they are doing. That is NON support. Would you tell the Cyclone football team that you support them, but you wish they would just quit playing in the 4th quarter because of what they did the first 3 quarters. I think not.

    So support the war. Support the war ending asap. Support the troops.

    Anti war bring them home = Your an idiot.
    You're football analogy is not quite right.

    A better analogy would be that anyone who questions the coaching of the team does not support the team.

    I find it offensive that if I do not agree with how the war is being fought, I am labeled as a person that does not support the troops. Not every dissent of a war is going to end up like Vietnam where the troops come home and are shunned because they fought the war. I don't think that is happening here.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 726,921, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    46,872
    Points
    726,921
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,007
    Given: 536

    Re: CycloneFanatic, Advertising, & Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by clone52 View Post
    You're football analogy is not quite right.

    A better analogy would be that anyone who questions the coaching of the team does not support the team.

    I find it offensive that if I do not agree with how the war is being fought, I am labeled as a person that does not support the troops. Not every dissent of a war is going to end up like Vietnam where the troops come home and are shunned because they fought the war. I don't think that is happening here.
    It is a very, very fine line that everyone has to be aware of. I am sure many people who are strongly against this war are voicing their opinions in the right way. It needs to be recognized that what we do and say strongly affects the morale of our soldiers and their families. Not to mention, certain kinds of statements give encouragement to our enemies at the same time. My father served two tours in Vietnam on a destroyer in the US Navy, and while he wasn't directly involved in some of the things that happened, it affects his outlook to this day. You spit on one soldier, you spit on every soldier.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM