Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Remember when?

Anyone remember 1987? The administration's big selling point for student season tickets was........"bring all the booze you want into the stadium with you, just don't bring it in a glass bottle". That was also the year that Oklahoma's players (allegedly) sent someone up to the concession stand to get hot dogs and sodas so they could have a little in-game picnic on the sideline between all the times their band got to play "Boomer Sooner".

Remember 1994? Our own head coach spends almost an entire press conference running down all the reasons that Iowa State is a loser, and will always be a loser because nobody cares about the program. Then, after that rant, he gets another "Why aren't you playing that Davis kid?" question from the media.

Remember 1995 and 1996? Here's a trivia question for you: How many players in NCAA football have rushed for 2,000 yards in a season and failed to win the Heisman Trophy? Not just once....but Two. Freakin'. Years. In. A. Row.

Remember 1997-1999? We were on the cusp of breaking through, but we couldn't seal the deal. The collapse against Kansas State in Ames, our close call with Major Applewhite's Texas team, and all those overtime losses.

Remember all those chances we had to win the Big 12 North in the last game of the season? And how we self destructed every darn time? Remember letting UConn come into our stadium in their first year playing Big Time football and choking?

Remember Gene Chizik sneaking out of Ames in the middle of the night for Auburn like Bob Irsay and the Colts leaving Baltimore for Indianapolis?

Remember all those kicks in the teeth? Yeah, neither do I. I'm too busy thinking about ISU 37, OSU 31. Thanks Coach. I really needed this win.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, Scotty.......but if I kill all the golfers, they'll lock me up and throw away the key!" Carl Spackler

All-Star
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

Re: Remember when?

Quote Originally Posted by CYlent Bob View Post
    Anyone remember 1987? The administration's big selling point for student season tickets was........"bring all the booze you want into the stadium with you, just don't bring it in a glass bottle". That was also the year that Oklahoma's players (allegedly) sent someone up to the concession stand to get hot dogs and sodas so they could have a little in-game picnic on the sideline between all the times their band got to play "Boomer Sooner".

Remember 1994? Our own head coach spends almost an entire press conference running down all the reasons that Iowa State is a loser, and will always be a loser because nobody cares about the program. Then, after that rant, he gets another "Why aren't you playing that Davis kid?" question from the media.

Remember 1995 and 1996? Here's a trivia question for you: How many players in NCAA football have rushed for 2,000 yards in a season and failed to win the Heisman Trophy? Not just once....but Two. Freakin'. Years. In. A. Row.

Remember 1997-1999? We were on the cusp of breaking through, but we couldn't seal the deal. The collapse against Kansas State in Ames, our close call with Major Applewhite's Texas team, and all those overtime losses.

Remember all those chances we had to win the Big 12 North in the last game of the season? And how we self destructed every darn time? Remember letting UConn come into our stadium in their first year playing Big Time football and choking?

Remember Gene Chizik sneaking out of Ames in the middle of the night for Auburn like Bob Irsay and the Colts leaving Baltimore for Indianapolis?

Remember all those kicks in the teeth? Yeah, neither do I. I'm too busy thinking about ISU 37, OSU 31. Thanks Coach. I really needed this win.
    It's been a tough century.

Walk On
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Re: Remember when?

Thank you Coach Paul Rhoads!!!!