Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Attendance?

  1. #1
    CyBer
    Guest

    Attendance?

    Anyone have the numbers? Looked pretty good (especially where I was sitting in the student section). Also loved the fact that all the older people across from the student section were just as loud as us and standing for most of the game. The towels looked great too.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 27,112, Level: 50
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,890
    Points
    27,112
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    Anyone have the numbers? Looked pretty good (especially where I was sitting in the student section). Also loved the fact that all the older people across from the student section were just as loud as us and standing for most of the game. The towels looked great too.
    I think it was just over 52k



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 559,943, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,320
    Points
    559,943
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 101

    Re: Attendance?

    52,067




  4. #4
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Attendance?

    That's awesome.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 432,981, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,834
    Points
    432,981
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 17

    Re: Attendance?

    52,000ish tickets sold. I'd guess about 41,000-43,000 butts in seats. The OSU section was pretty empty and there were a couple other blocks of seating on the west side that were spotty. Couldn't see the east side but I think the people in the hills could've filled up the actual seats in the stadium.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 84,519, Level: 90
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,031
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,114
    Points
    84,519
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

    Re: Attendance?

    It looked more like 50+k there from what I was watching on ESPN3.com... it looked like a great crowd. Thanks to everyone who was there!



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 18,882, Level: 41
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    789
    Points
    18,882
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    52,000ish tickets sold. I'd guess about 41,000-43,000 butts in seats. The OSU section was pretty empty and there were a couple other blocks of seating on the west side that were spotty. Couldn't see the east side but I think the people in the hills could've filled up the actual seats in the stadium.
    Looked great on tv, like always you are debbie downer. wtf are you a fan.



  8. #8
    Recruit
    Points: 8,575, Level: 27
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    111
    Points
    8,575
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    Looked great on tv, like always you are debbie downer. wtf are you a fan.
    Looked and sounded great on TV, especially the post-game rush of the field. ISU fans represented well on ESPN.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 559,943, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,320
    Points
    559,943
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 101

    Re: Attendance?

    The fact they mentioned that the stadium was shaking hard enough to affect the camera tells me all I need to know.




  10. #10
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Attendance?

    Yes that was the loudest I have ever heard JTS. Everyone was yelling and I mean everyone. And jumping.



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 314,188, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In a Bunker
    Posts
    14,602
    Points
    314,188
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 30

    Re: Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    52,000ish tickets sold. I'd guess about 41,000-43,000 butts in seats. The OSU section was pretty empty and there were a couple other blocks of seating on the west side that were spotty. Couldn't see the east side but I think the people in the hills could've filled up the actual seats in the stadium.

    No way Becks I bet there was at least 50K in there. The only seats open were the OSU ones. I love your debbie downer shtick. I sit in the endzone and the stadium was full.



  12. #12
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    No way Becks I bet there was at least 50K in there. The only seats open were the OSU ones. I love your debbie downer shtick. I sit in the endzone and the stadium was full.
    Agree with you again, the only time this year it was more full was for Iowa and maybe Texas



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 861,232, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,592
    Points
    861,232
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,603
    Given: 1,373

    Re: Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    Yes that was the loudest I have ever heard JTS. Everyone was yelling and I mean everyone. And jumping.
    Think about it: We went from mostly thinking there was no shot, to seeing that we had chances to score but failed, to seeing them pull away, to seeing our guys make it clear that they still expected to win, to the point where we expected to win. Amazing


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  14. #14
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Attendance?

    Yep, it was amazing hugs from everyone around me.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 84,519, Level: 90
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,031
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,114
    Points
    84,519
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

    Re: Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Think about it: We went from mostly thinking there was no shot, to seeing that we had chances to score but failed, to seeing them pull away, to seeing our guys make it clear that they still expected to win, to the point where we expected to win. Amazing
    Exactly. Still shocked.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM