NFL: Tebow
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83

Thread: Tebow

  1. #1
    Facebook Knows All
    Points: 272,658, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    16,911
    Points
    272,658
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 677
    Given: 396

    Tebow

    I just don't get the Tebow hate. The guy is basically a first year starter and he is winning games! What more do you want? It's not pretty but the guy wins.

    Kyle Orton was 1-4 as the starter, Tebow is 4-1. He may not be a franchise QB but the guy wins.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 218,706, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MLawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,830
    Points
    218,706
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 479
    Given: 140

    Re: Tebow

    I'm not hater, but there is no way he can keep winning in that offense. It's only a matter of time before people stop it on a consistent basis. I will say that it is nice to see him win him.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Tebow

    NFL Establisment doesn't like him because he isn't a sit in the pocket QB and never will be... Media hates him because he where's his religion on his sleeve and you can't find any dirt on him... Personally, I hope he succeeds just to stick it to both.

    It's really funny all the double standards applied to Tebow. Almost every game I watch the announcers say that if a receiver gets his hands on it, it should be caught. In the KC, only ONE of Tebow's passes didn't hit the receivers hands and that is the one the announcers kept bringing up. Last night, there were a number of catches that should have been made, but with the worst receiving corps in the NFL, Tebow isn't going to get much help... How many passes has Decker missed the last couple of weeks?

    I also have zero idea what the hell the Broncos coaches are trying to do. The first drive they ran some option, got Tebow out of the pocket and got points on the board. Every drive after that they ran standard run plays, inside the tackles and kept Tebow in the pocket, it's no wonder it didn't work... Finally in the last drive, they took the reins off and what happens?



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 37,837, Level: 59
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    burn587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,643
    Points
    37,837
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 70

    Re: Tebow

    They were probably worried about him taking too many hits after Bart Scott put a big, smoking hole through Tebow's chest on that first drive. Bart just blew him up and I doubt Tebow could've taken too many of those before being injured by one.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 83,445, Level: 89
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,200
    Points
    83,445
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 479
    Given: 162

    Re: Tebow

    The hate has just carried over from his college days. There is just something about him. I hate him.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 59,308, Level: 75
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,075
    Points
    59,308
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tebow

    I find it kind of intriguing what Denver is doing. NFL quarterbacks are generally paid too much to risk their injury running an option offense. But, if a team commits to that style they might be able to load up on several good option quarterbacks for a reasonable price and be able to risk an injury to their starter.


    Seneca Wallace.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Tebow

    Quote Originally Posted by burn587 View Post
    They were probably worried about him taking too many hits after Bart Scott put a big, smoking hole through Tebow's chest on that first drive. Bart just blew him up and I doubt Tebow could've taken too many of those before being injured by one.

    He ran right over Bart Scott later too... People expect Tebow to get up and whine about hits, but he's built like a linebacker, not a typical QB so he can take alot more hits. It's also alot different when you are delivering the blow or see it coming then sitting in the pocket getting hit.



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 123,613, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,523
    Points
    123,613
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 530
    Given: 1,115

    Re: Tebow

    He certainly doesn't make it look pretty, but it's all about winning. And you can tell his teammates love him. I want him to succeed, for sure.



  9. #9
    Facebook Knows All
    Points: 272,658, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    16,911
    Points
    272,658
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 677
    Given: 396

    Re: Tebow

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    NFL Establisment doesn't like him because he isn't a sit in the pocket QB and never will be... Media hates him because he where's his religion on his sleeve and you can't find any dirt on him... Personally, I hope he succeeds just to stick it to both.

    It's really funny all the double standards applied to Tebow. Almost every game I watch the announcers say that if a receiver gets his hands on it, it should be caught. In the KC, only ONE of Tebow's passes didn't hit the receivers hands and that is the one the announcers kept bringing up. Last night, there were a number of catches that should have been made, but with the worst receiving corps in the NFL, Tebow isn't going to get much help... How many passes has Decker missed the last couple of weeks?

    I also have zero idea what the hell the Broncos coaches are trying to do. The first drive they ran some option, got Tebow out of the pocket and got points on the board. Every drive after that they ran standard run plays, inside the tackles and kept Tebow in the pocket, it's no wonder it didn't work... Finally in the last drive, they took the reins off and what happens?
    This.

    The Broncos best receiver is Eric freaking Decker and they are running the ball with Lance Ball & Willis McGahee (when Tebow doesn't run it). I'd say 9 out of 10 first year starting quarterbacks would fail in that situation but Tebow isn't. He's winning.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Tebow

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I find it kind of intriguing what Denver is doing. NFL quarterbacks are generally paid too much to risk their injury running an option offense. But, if a team commits to that style they might be able to load up on several good option quarterbacks for a reasonable price and be able to risk an injury to their starter.

    Maybe draft Collin Klein as a backup?



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 79,198, Level: 87
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 952
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alumni road
    Posts
    7,004
    Points
    79,198
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 267
    Given: 43

    Re: Tebow

    He's a differnt style that's for sure. Sure, sometime soon defenses will figure out how to stop him, but maybe by then Tebow will be a more polished passer. Keep in mind, he's quarterbacking a team that was awful last year. It's not like he's taking over for Matt stafford or drew brees.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 162,512, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,290
    Points
    162,512
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,049
    Given: 11

    Re: Tebow

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    This.

    The Broncos best receiver is Eric freaking Decker and they are running the ball with Lance Ball & Willis McGahee (when Tebow doesn't run it). I'd say 9 out of 10 first year starting quarterbacks would fail in that situation but Tebow isn't. He's winning.
    This is very hard to argue with. The guy has nothing to work with and his management decided to trade their best wide receiver, yet he wins.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 35,469, Level: 58
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    isuforlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,852
    Points
    35,469
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 276

    Re: Tebow

    some people are just winners ....................and he is



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Tebow

    The thing is, he really doesn't even need WR's, but he does need a good Tight End or two, then maybe a good speed back that can catch the ball. Could you imagine if he had Gronk and Hernandez as weapons?



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  15. #15
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 608,001, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,979
    Points
    608,001
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,818
    Given: 171

    Re: Tebow

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    This.

    The Broncos best receiver is Eric freaking Decker and they are running the ball with Lance Ball & Willis McGahee (when Tebow doesn't run it). I'd say 9 out of 10 first year starting quarterbacks would fail in that situation but Tebow isn't. He's winning.

    Make sure to give proper credit to the defense. In Tebow's 4 wins, the Defense has held opponents to an average of 15 ppg, forced 6 turnovers, had 2 defensive/special teams scores, and recorded 13 sacks.

    Von Miller should get as much credit as Tebow for the Broncos recent success, as far as I'm concerned.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM