Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 82

Sirius raising their prices

I just got this email from them. Might be time to drop it.

Dear Valued Subscriber,

I would like to thank you for being a subscriber and for your continued support. As the Chief Executive Officer of SiriusXM, I spend much of my time focused on satellites, programming and employees, which are all very important, but nothing is more important to me than our subscribers. I understand that the primary reason you subscribe to SiriusXM is the unparalleled choice we offer, and since launching over a decade ago, we have continuously expanded the variety and quality of the programming we provide.

And the best is yet to come. We are building an exciting future that includes even more channels, greater diversity, exclusive subscriber benefits and more flexibility in the ways you can listen to SiriusXM.

I hope you understand that to continue bringing this unbeatable listening experience to our subscribers, there will be a modest rate increase of $1.54 per month — about 5 cents a day — on the Select package. This increase will take effect on your next renewal date that occurs on or after January 1, 2012.

Because we know this increase comes during challenging economic times, we have provided some options below that you may want to consider, including several ways you could save:

— Keep what you have now, and your Select package will continue to offer you incredible value, with channels and channels of commercial-free music, plus sports, news, talk, entertainment and more — all in one place.

— If you're paying invoice fees, save $2.00 per billing cycle simply by changing to credit or debit card billing. It's far more convenient and a great way to save.

— Take advantage of our Annual Plan discount. It's a better value than your current plan because you get a month free (you pay for 11, you get 12). If you switch to an Annual Plan before January 1, 2012, you'll be billed at the current rates for your first year. Installment billing is available for most Annual Plans.

— Consider upgrading to our All Access package, which gives you added premium content, plus access to SiriusXM programming on your computer, smartphone or other mobile device, for a great bundled price. It is our best value.

As we continue to add exciting new content and find more ways for you to enjoy our programming, we will work hard to control costs and create efficiencies to ensure SiriusXM continues to be the best value for your entertainment dollar.

On behalf of everyone at SiriusXM, thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Mel Karmazin

The Select package monthly rate increases by $1.54, to $14.49 per month ($13.49 for Select Family Friendly). This price increase does not affect Traffic, Weather, Travel Link™ or Backseat TV. Some Sirius radios may not be compatible with the All Access package.

All-Star
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,054
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 7

Re: Sirius raising their prices

I really enjoy the diversity Sirius brings from music to sports, but eventually I will say bye, bye to them......If anyone knows Mel, please have him call me and will give him quite an impressive list/reasons why I should get a raise at my job. Thanks.

All-Star
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Price increases happen. At least they told you vs charge you unknowingly like directv. They're pretty small. I'll keep it.

All-Star
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 8

Just got my SiriusXm renewal notice this week. I pay annually via credit card charges include $159.39 Subscription fee as well as a $15.62 Music Royalty Fee so the total is $175.01. Dang thats a little high. I have two subscriptions on different renewal dates. thats 350 bucks to listen to the radio? Mid level package no spice channels.

Recruit
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

Gotta have Sirius. At least for another 4 years...when Howard Stern's contract is up and he retires. Hopefully he resigns again.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 330

I always call XM and tell them Im willing to pay 7 bucks per month and thats it. They always gladly accept.

Rookie
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 29

What devices do you use to listen to Sirius? The computer at work doesn't really let Sirius work right, the blackberry app is crap and I haven't had much luck with the iPad app either. I'd love to get Sirius (with a discounted rate) but besides buying a radio, I'm having trouble finding a reliable source.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 36

I just redid my three year, and now I don't get streaming free anymore. I am going to cancel streaming and but a pandora subscription instead.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775