Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 31 of 39

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 32,925, Level: 55
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,709
    Points
    32,925
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 79

    31 of 39

    Information for the casual fan, posted by ISUChip on Cyclone Report

    That's how many guys are in their 1st or 2nd year in the room.

    26 freshmen (either true or redshirt)
    2 true sophs
    3 transfers

    There are only 3 seniors (Sorenson, Ward, Simonson) on the roster, along with 4 juniors (Mayfield, Towns, Spangler, Gibson).

    There are NO seniors and only 1 junior (Mayfield) in the bottom 5 weights.

    Now maybe the lurkers and drive-by "fans" will understand why some of us are preaching patience for the 2012 season.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 32,925, Level: 55
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,709
    Points
    32,925
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 79

    Re: 31 of 39

    Roster breakdown compared to the current Intermat Top 5:

    SR JR SO FR TOT
    IOWA 8 6 7 18 39
    PSU 4 6 8 19 37
    MINN 6 6 8 20 40
    OKST 8 6 11 12 37
    CORN 10 10 8 9 37

    ISU 3 4 6 26 39



  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 5,167, Level: 21
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    205
    Points
    5,167
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 31 of 39

    Quote Originally Posted by buf87 View Post
    Information for the casual fan, posted by ISUChip on Cyclone Report

    That's how many guys are in their 1st or 2nd year in the room.

    26 freshmen (either true or redshirt)
    2 true sophs
    3 transfers

    There are only 3 seniors (Sorenson, Ward, Simonson) on the roster, along with 4 juniors (Mayfield, Towns, Spangler, Gibson).

    There are NO seniors and only 1 junior (Mayfield) in the bottom 5 weights.

    Now maybe the lurkers and drive-by "fans" will understand why some of us are preaching patience for the 2012 season.

    Great way to put this in perspective! Shows just how young our team is.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 394,664, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,832
    Points
    394,664
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 296

    Re: 31 of 39

    How did we get so young? We should have lots of options for our lower weights.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 132,078, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    joefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    6,446
    Points
    132,078
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 113

    Re: 31 of 39

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    How did we get so young? We should have lots of options for our lower weights.
    I am guessing the coaching change had quite a lingering impact. See also: ISU Basketball.


    "Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 39,713, Level: 61
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,588
    Points
    39,713
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 3

    Re: 31 of 39

    The only thing that concerns me is our recruiting direction. It seems like old ISU teams would have at least one, possibly 2 RSFr that would AA. Looking through the guys that KJ is bringing in, I see one that could do that(McCauley). In the past we have had Sandersons, Hesketts, Gallicks, Readers, Varners, all of which scored major points early. We are not getting those types of guys anymore, and it is showing. Weatherman was supposed to be that kind of guy, but I would be surprised if he AA as a senior at this point.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 32,925, Level: 55
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,709
    Points
    32,925
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 79

    Re: 31 of 39

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    The only thing that concerns me is our recruiting direction. It seems like old ISU teams would have at least one, possibly 2 RSFr that would AA. Looking through the guys that KJ is bringing in, I see one that could do that(McCauley). In the past we have had Sandersons, Hesketts, Gallicks, Readers, Varners, all of which scored major points early. We are not getting those types of guys anymore, and it is showing. Weatherman was supposed to be that kind of guy, but I would be surprised if he AA as a senior at this point.
    Remember Weatherman and Beard are Cael's recruits. I agree with that from last years recruits. Not any blue chip recruits. KJ's 1st class contains Gadsen and Finch who I expect to be multiple time AA's. I also expect that from Meeks and McCauley.



  8. #8
    Walk On
    Points: 5,167, Level: 21
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    205
    Points
    5,167
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 31 of 39

    Quote Originally Posted by buf87 View Post
    Remember Weatherman and Beard are Cael's recruits. I agree with that from last years recruits. Not any blue chip recruits. KJ's 1st class contains Gadsen and Finch who I expect to be multiple time AA's. I also expect that from Meeks and McCauley.
    Maybe if Gadsen can get and stay healthy. I will hold my opinion on that when I see him out on the mats.
    Cael took the blue chip recruits with him when he left and that is another reason our cupboard is bare. That was several years worth of recruiting and many wrestlers. (not trying to start another whole Cael thread here, just saying)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM