Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 37

Not to be outdone...Navy coach Paul Johnson

ESPN - Forde: Dashing through September - Columnist

On the undercard, don't overlook the exchange between Navy coach Paul Johnson (17) and a reporter after practice one day last week. This was from a transcript on the Navy Web site:

Reporter: Can I ask you something without making you mad?

Johnson: Maybe. I don't know.

Reporter: I was talking to a Navy fan and he said he follows the coverage and that he noticed something and I'm just going to put it to you. He says that it seems like when Navy loses you blame the players, i.e., we can't execute fundamental plays, but that the success of the team the last four years has been attributed to brilliant coaching. How do you respond to that?

Johnson: Whatever he thinks. I don't go down to McDonald's and start second-guessing his job so he ought to leave me alone.

Reporter: But do you feel like it can't be both ways?

Johnson: You know what? I could care less. I'm old enough where I could give a crap what the fans think or what you think to put it in a nutshell.

Reporter: Wins and losses are evenly distributed as far as credit and blame, right?

Johnson: If you could ever find one time that I said we won the game because of brilliant strategy I will kiss your butt at city dock and give you two days to draw a crowd. Find it and bring it to me. Tell that guy that if he wants to talk to me I live at [address given but deleted for the transcript] I will be right there. Come ring my doorbell and I will be glad to talk to him.

No word on whether the guy rang Johnson's doorbell. Or whether a crowd has gathered at the city dock.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 46

Re: Not to be outdone...Navy coach Paul Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    ESPN - Forde: Dashing through September - Columnist

On the undercard, don't overlook the exchange between Navy coach Paul Johnson (17) and a reporter after practice one day last week. This was from a transcript on the Navy Web site:

Reporter: Can I ask you something without making you mad?

Johnson: Maybe. I don't know.

Reporter: I was talking to a Navy fan and he said he follows the coverage and that he noticed something and I'm just going to put it to you. He says that it seems like when Navy loses you blame the players, i.e., we can't execute fundamental plays, but that the success of the team the last four years has been attributed to brilliant coaching. How do you respond to that?

Johnson: Whatever he thinks. I don't go down to McDonald's and start second-guessing his job so he ought to leave me alone.

Reporter: But do you feel like it can't be both ways?

Johnson: You know what? I could care less. I'm old enough where I could give a crap what the fans think or what you think to put it in a nutshell.

Reporter: Wins and losses are evenly distributed as far as credit and blame, right?

Johnson: If you could ever find one time that I said we won the game because of brilliant strategy I will kiss your butt at city dock and give you two days to draw a crowd. Find it and bring it to me. Tell that guy that if he wants to talk to me I live at [address given but deleted for the transcript] I will be right there. Come ring my doorbell and I will be glad to talk to him.

No word on whether the guy rang Johnson's doorbell. Or whether a crowd has gathered at the city dock.
    You know what I had the very same reaction as Gundy last night when I listened to Dumb & Dumber on KXNO last night. I am not sure who said what but here is the exchange between Harry and Lloyd:
    Harry:"You know somebody said that Culbertson's wife is pregnant, and they are betting that she won't get kicked in the stomach".

Lloyd:think of a wheezing camel in heat attempting but failing miserably to laugh "eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhheeeeeeeeee"

I was(am) so ****** off. That is horse crap leave the kid alone. Bringing his wife into this is ****, and I really don't care if I get banned for my swearing, but to have two radio "personalities" on in DM attacking college players and their wives is low rent and intolerable.

I was so angry I thought it better not to call last night.

j

As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    You know what I had the very same reaction as Gundy last night when I listened to Dumb & Dumber on KXNO last night. I am not sure who said what but here is the exchange between Harry and Lloyd:
    Harry:"You know somebody said that Culbertson's wife is pregnant, and they are betting that she won't get kicked in the stomach".

Lloyd:think of a wheezing camel in heat attempting but failing miserably to laugh "eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhheeeeeeeeee"

I was(am) so ****** off. That is horse crap leave the kid alone. Bringing his wife into this is ****, and I really don't care if I get banned for my swearing, but to have two radio "personalities" on in DM attacking college players and their wives is low rent and intolerable.

j
    First I heard of this. So, let me get this straight...Marty and Miller made those comments last night?

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post

j
    Kicked was blocked. And anybody who saw the play would know that the blocker came through literally untouched. Not sure how this gets hung on Shaggy's shoulders.

(Dumb and Dumber - nice. Rep for you)

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 19

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Kicked was blocked. And anybody who saw the play would know that the blocker came through literally untouched. Not sure how this gets hung on Shaggy's shoulders.
    I listened to Chizik's press conference on CloneZone yesterday. He said the kick was definitely blocked. And what disappointed him even more was that there were at least two defenders who broke through and were in position to block the kick. No blame placed on Shaggy whatsoever.

"Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 46

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    First I heard of this. So, let me get this straight...Marty and Miller made those comments last night?
    Exactly what I am saying!

As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 96

I've met his wife a few times and she's an amazing woman with great qualities and good morals. He is a lucky guy and they will have a thriving family someday.

Remember that stressed spelled backwards is desserts!

"The New England Patriots: As annoying as the Yankess, just with 23 fewer titles."