Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Recruit
    Points: 12,283, Level: 33
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    120
    Points
    12,283
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    ISU Ring of Honor

    After watching several games over the weekend, I noticed several colleges have a "Ring of Honor" in which they display the names of elete football players/coaches that have played or coached for their respective university. It would be nice for Iowa State to do this.

    My question is who would be some of the elite players to have their names hung permanently from Jack Trice Stadium? Here is what I have come up with feel free to add of subtract:

    Jack Trice
    Matt Blair
    Mike Stensrud
    Troy Davis
    Dexter Green
    Luther Blue
    Merv Krakau
    Not sure if Johnny Majors or Earl Bruce belong on here...Great coaches but did not stay long enough to considered elite at ISU



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 12,038, Level: 33
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    851
    Points
    12,038
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 43

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    Crutchfield is on that list.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,687, Level: 80
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,466
    Points
    67,687
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 354
    Given: 311

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    Ben Bruns needs to be on there.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 22,928, Level: 46
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    brother bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    7 Seas of Rhye
    Posts
    978
    Points
    22,928
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 10

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    Coaches:
    Glenn "Pop" Warner
    Clyde Williams

    Players:
    Barry Hill
    Karl Nelson
    Bruce Reimers
    "The Dirty Thirty"
    George Amundson

    to name a few...


    Cyclone fan since 1964 and proud of it!

    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 248,152, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,511
    Points
    248,152
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,219
    Given: 1,372

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor



    You feel the floor give you a little tingle, man, Iowa State junior point guard Monte Morris said in a private moment after the game, leaning against a wall in the bowels of Hilton Coliseum. You feel it. You feel it. Its real. You feel it on the court. Its a tough feeling to explain. Its a vibration. It gets you going.

    He paused.

    Its magic.

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 44,569, Level: 65
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 981
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mike4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,610
    Points
    44,569
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    Not a coach or player...but Pete Taylor needs to be on there as well. IMHO


    --Luck of the Cyrish--






  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 357,678, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    17,201
    Points
    357,678
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,365
    Given: 2,978

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    Bo Williams


    Quote Originally Posted by Miniclone11 View Post
    Bronco fans better take a good look. This is their future unfolding in front of them. It's about to get uglier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoiball92 View Post
    Carolina by 17
    Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    Yeah, Carolina is going to win the Superbowl

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 117,350, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, MN
    Posts
    6,332
    Points
    117,350
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 370
    Given: 280

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    Still will never remember when we crashed the CF servers when Bo ripped off those runs.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 120,167, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    7,445
    Points
    120,167
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,026
    Given: 757

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by mike4cy View Post
    Not a coach or player...but Pete Taylor needs to be on there as well. IMHO
    Definitely!



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 22,928, Level: 46
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    brother bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    7 Seas of Rhye
    Posts
    978
    Points
    22,928
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 10

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by mike4cy View Post
    Not a coach or player...but Pete Taylor needs to be on there as well. IMHO
    I second that motion. Suprised that I didn't think of "THE ETERNAL VOICE OF THE CYCLONES"


    Cyclone fan since 1964 and proud of it!

    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 357,678, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    17,201
    Points
    357,678
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,365
    Given: 2,978

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    Steele Jantz would be my other nomination


    Quote Originally Posted by Miniclone11 View Post
    Bronco fans better take a good look. This is their future unfolding in front of them. It's about to get uglier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoiball92 View Post
    Carolina by 17
    Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    Yeah, Carolina is going to win the Superbowl

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 20,288, Level: 43
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Capp Timm Field
    Posts
    397
    Points
    20,288
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 3

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by TDclones View Post
    After watching several games over the weekend, I noticed several colleges have a "Ring of Honor" in which they display the names of elete football players/coaches that have played or coached for their respective university. It would be nice for Iowa State to do this.

    My question is who would be some of the elite players to have their names hung permanently from Jack Trice Stadium? Here is what I have come up with feel free to add of subtract:

    Jack Trice
    Matt Blair
    Mike Stensrud
    Troy Davis
    Dexter Green
    Luther Blue
    Merv Krakau
    Not sure if Johnny Majors or Earl Bruce belong on here...Great coaches but did not stay long enough to considered elite at ISU
    Depends on the criteria that you would want to use (did they graduate, or NFL success etc...)
    With coaches, I think if a player for 2 years is to be included, than we should be more kind to coaches who were here longer and still contribute to the program. (Bruce and Majors)

    I always wanted College Football HOF designation as our criteria for a "Ring of Honor"

    Glenn "Pop" Warner
    Ed Bock
    John Majors
    Earle Bruce
    John Cooper

    TD will be recognized one day as well. Just a matter of time.

    I think recognizing the others on the All American Walls on the North Ends of the stadium is good as are the promotional banners hanging on the concourses.

    Expanded suites and expansion (one day) will provide for more opportunities

    I think Pete's family wants to be done with recognition. I hear that they are satisfied and want to move on. (declined press box naming and other ideas)



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,687, Level: 80
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,466
    Points
    67,687
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 354
    Given: 311

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by Mowilly View Post
    Depends on the criteria that you would want to use (did they graduate, or NFL success etc...)
    With coaches, I think if a player for 2 years is to be included, than we should be more kind to coaches who were here longer and still contribute to the program. (Bruce and Majors)

    I always wanted College Football HOF designation as our criteria for a "Ring of Honor"

    Glenn "Pop" Warner
    Ed Bock
    John Majors
    Earle Bruce
    John Cooper

    TD will be recognized one day as well. Just a matter of time.

    I think recognizing the others on the All American Walls on the North Ends of the stadium is good as are the promotional banners hanging on the concourses.

    Expanded suites and expansion (one day) will provide for more opportunities

    I think Pete's family wants to be done with recognition. I hear that they are satisfied and want to move on. (declined press box naming and other ideas)
    Troy Davis, a 2-time consensus AA, doesn't make the cut? That's a bit extreme IMO. No need to wait on him, he's worthy right now.



  14. #14
    Walk On
    Points: 15,136, Level: 37
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    129
    Points
    15,136
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    i think that Sage needs a thought because of what he did at the school and also how he has continued to serve the school while being and NFL veteran



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 113,535, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,302
    Points
    113,535
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,225
    Given: 694

    Re: ISU Ring of Honor

    Blaise Bryant



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPN
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Texas
  • February 13, 2016
  • 07:30 PM