Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 174,241, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alaskaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,204
    Points
    174,241
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    George W Favors Hillary

    It is being reported that George W views Clinton as the most likely of the leading Democratic contenders to maintain a significant U.S. presence in Iraq if she wins the presidency. The White House has been careful to keep up good relations with the New York senator and particularly her husband, for instance by drawing the former President Clinton into tsunami relief efforts.

    In addition, Bush has went public with a prediction that Clinton will win the Democratic nomination for president. More surprising, perhaps, is the way administration officials have been dumping on her chief rival, Barack Obama. A Washington Examiner article quotes a senior White House official saying that Obama relies too much on his charisma and even suggests the Illinois senator, a Harvard Law School graduate, hasnít done the hard work necessary to win.

    ďItís sort of like, Ďthatís all I need to get by,í which bespeaks sort of a condescending attitude towards the voters,Ē the official says, according to the Examiner. ďAnd a laziness, an intellectual laziness.Ē The official went on to chide Obama for being unable in a TV interview to name any government programs to back up his argument that many donít work. The White House official also says the candidate hugely overstated the death toll from recent tornadoes.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 85,340, Level: 90
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,104
    Points
    85,340
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 163

    Re: George W Favors Hillary

    to quote danny devito's character Frank on It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: "Hillary Clinton hates freedom"

    OBAMA in '08


    ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

    HOI-BALL!!!

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 32,785, Level: 55
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CloneFan65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,241
    Points
    32,785
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: George W Favors Hillary

    It could be too that George W thinks a Hillary nomination gives the Republicans the best chance to win.


    "THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 94,915, Level: 95
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,695
    Points
    94,915
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

    Re: George W Favors Hillary

    I find this pretty hard to believe. But who knows, I hate politics in general because it's mostly a bunch of BS and the voters basically wind up getting screwed in the end regardless of the candidate. If you want your voice heard cough up a bunch of money to a campaign then you will be heard. Just like in business it all boils down to the almighty dollar.


    Go Cubs Go!

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 16,086, Level: 38
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Dormeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    1,158
    Points
    16,086
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: George W Favors Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by isucyclone4 View Post
    to quote danny devito's character Frank on It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: "Hillary Clinton hates freedom"
    haha good show just a base tan!



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 25,132, Level: 48
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Skyh13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,843
    Points
    25,132
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 2

    Re: George W Favors Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskaguy View Post
    It is being reported that George W views Clinton as the most likely of the leading Democratic contenders to maintain a significant U.S. presence in Iraq if she wins the presidency. The White House has been careful to keep up good relations with the New York senator and particularly her husband, for instance by drawing the former President Clinton into tsunami relief efforts.

    In addition, Bush has went public with a prediction that Clinton will win the Democratic nomination for president. More surprising, perhaps, is the way administration officials have been dumping on her chief rival, Barack Obama. A Washington Examiner article quotes a senior White House official saying that Obama relies too much on his charisma and even suggests the Illinois senator, a Harvard Law School graduate, hasnít done the hard work necessary to win.

    ďItís sort of like, Ďthatís all I need to get by,í which bespeaks sort of a condescending attitude towards the voters,Ē the official says, according to the Examiner. ďAnd a laziness, an intellectual laziness.Ē The official went on to chide Obama for being unable in a TV interview to name any government programs to back up his argument that many donít work. The White House official also says the candidate hugely overstated the death toll from recent tornadoes.
    Doesn't surprise me too much... in my mind, Hillary Clinton is just Bush all over again. She would allow the government to do what it has been doing for years and years without any change.

    People like Obama, however, threaten with some sort of change... people like him, Ron Paul... they represent the possibility of change.



  7. #7
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,384
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: George W Favors Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    I find this pretty hard to believe. But who knows, I hate politics in general because it's mostly a bunch of BS and the voters basically wind up getting screwed in the end regardless of the candidate. If you want your voice heard cough up a bunch of money to a campaign then you will be heard. Just like in business it all boils down to the almighty dollar.
    Yeah, and breathing is all about AIR! Life is so unfair.

    Politics is all about who is most active at the grass-roots level. The dollars just flow to the guy most likely to win. If you think elections are just about "Joe Six-Pack" voting (or more likely, NOT voting), you are not quite familiar with the US election process.

    It's too bad that Americans have by and large given up on politics. I would also suggest that "bad politicians" are more a result of American voter apathy than any other single issue.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 728,651, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,163
    Points
    728,651
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,118
    Given: 587

    Re: George W Favors Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskaguy View Post
    It is being reported that George W views Clinton as the most likely of the leading Democratic contenders to maintain a significant U.S. presence in Iraq if she wins the presidency. The White House has been careful to keep up good relations with the New York senator and particularly her husband, for instance by drawing the former President Clinton into tsunami relief efforts.

    In addition, Bush has went public with a prediction that Clinton will win the Democratic nomination for president. More surprising, perhaps, is the way administration officials have been dumping on her chief rival, Barack Obama. A Washington Examiner article quotes a senior White House official saying that Obama relies too much on his charisma and even suggests the Illinois senator, a Harvard Law School graduate, hasnít done the hard work necessary to win.

    ďItís sort of like, Ďthatís all I need to get by,í which bespeaks sort of a condescending attitude towards the voters,Ē the official says, according to the Examiner. ďAnd a laziness, an intellectual laziness.Ē The official went on to chide Obama for being unable in a TV interview to name any government programs to back up his argument that many donít work. The White House official also says the candidate hugely overstated the death toll from recent tornadoes.
    Hillary represents the closest thing the Democrats have to George Bush. Which may be why I don't like Bush all that much. Obama is a huge tax and spend Democrat. If you want socialism, vote for him.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 66,088, Level: 79
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 362
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,175
    Points
    66,088
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 44

    Re: George W Favors Hillary

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneFan65 View Post
    It could be too that George W thinks a Hillary nomination gives the Republicans the best chance to win.
    Ding Ding Ding....we have a winner.

    Yes there will be a female president some day. She is just not the right female to be the first.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM